PDA

View Full Version : Personal Appearance Tour -- sort of

Mark [N4OGL]
08-05-2003, 09:31 AM
I wanted to let the California folks know that my wife and I and our silver Kenny Brown #10 Marauder-S will be at the Monterey Historic Automobile Races (http://www.montereyhistoric.com/) in two weeks. We have gone every year for the past fifteen or so (you should see our souvenir room!) and this is our annual pilgrimage. Every year the honored marque changes; tuners bring their latest products derived from whichever marque is on display. Since the honored marque this year is Ford and honoring Ford's 100th anniversary, I thought it appropriate to bring the car (which is a Ford at heart). Plus, it'll boost Kenny Brown's business, which is a good thing, while he is at the Woodward Dream Cruise.

We should be rolling in to Monterey Thursday afternoon. We will be at the Flagroom during the event, which is driver's left between turns four and five, next to the BMW Corral, at Laguna Seca Raceway Park (oops, I mean <b> Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca</b>). Although we'll be at the track Friday, not much goes on officially except practice, and it's usually a 'shopping and autograph' day for us. I'll try to park on the ring road above the Flagroom tent (<i>not</i> on the island) where the Marauder is obvious if you want to see it. Hopefully, someone from Ford will notice it that day and invite us to park in a more prominent location Saturday and Sunday. If you're looking for it, there are lots of photos in the Gallery to use as a "Spotter's Guide." I think we're going to Roy's at the Inn at Spanish Bay for dinner Friday, so it might be over there.

Saturday night we go to the AFAS Art Show at the Lodge at Pebble Beach, but it probably won't get parked any closer than the parking lot behind the gas station across the street from the Lodge unless someone from Ford intervenes.

Monday, we'll be headed back to Chicago approximately on old Route 66.

I could use some <b>help</b> in getting the car detailed when we get there, and removing all the bug guts that accumulate from a cross country trip. If anyone knows a good detail shop and can recommend it, that would be great (and please also send a phone number). If they make house calls to the Lighthouse Lodge in Pacific Grove, that'd be much better. You can leave messages for us there, too (as long as you understand we won't see them until we arrive).

See you in two weeks!

Mark & Julie

LCpl Retired
08-05-2003, 01:17 PM
that sounds like a wonderful event.....and out and back (on 66!!) in a marauder S. I am very envious. I hope Ford does give you some notice after a trip like that.

vintage racing in Bridgehampton (spectator only) was a favorite Sunday event for me all though the 80s. They are making it another housing developement now. Just what was needed....
:confused:

MERCMAN
08-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Those folks in Ca. are in for a real treat,, the silver MM alone is worth the price of admission, add Kenny Brown to that and WOW!! Even those car freaks out there will have "eye seizures" when they gaze upon this car. Have a good trip, keep us posted, and may all your gas be high octane and low priced.

Dr Caleb
08-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Wow. A (the?) Silver KB MM, on the track at Laguna Seca. Throw in Kirsten Dunst and a car chase scene...and you know way more about me than you should :lol:

Sounds like a great event. Wish I could come. :alone:

MarauderBoy
08-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Better see Mister Xpel before you leave

jgc61sr2002
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Mark Have a nice trip. Enjoy the ride.:up:

Mark [N4OGL]
08-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by LCpl Retired
vintage racing in Bridgehampton (spectator only) was a favorite Sunday event for me all though the 80s. They are making it another housing developement now. Just what was needed....
:confused:

Boy - I sure hope you bought and have read "The Last Open Road" by Burt (B.S.) Levy. It'll bring tears to your eyes ... of laughter!

http://www.lastopenroad.com/

Mark [N4OGL]
08-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MarauderBoy
Better see Mister Xpel before you leave

Wednesday afternoon at 2:00!

Slowpoke
08-05-2003, 08:56 PM
make sure you bring plenty of sunblock! and wear that hat of yours!

Merc-O-matic
08-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Have a great time and enjoy the trip. Drive safely!
Will look for a full report when you get back.
73, N3LOL