PDA

View Full Version : Idiot kid puts 75w90 gear oil into his WRX engine.

ctrlraven
01-19-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/455091-possible-blown-engine-need-urgent-help.html

"the Red Oil Light thingy had been turning on and off a couple of times...I've ignored since it didn't stay on like CEL's do"

"I've been told the the misfire was not a big deal so I chose to ignore it."

"..woah, I put Royal Purple 75w90 Synthetic Oil on mine...so you're saying thats a bad thing??..."

"Dude you were running 75w-90 in your engine??? That's not exactly what is recommended...
...actually I ran Redline 75w90NS to be exact...and it recommended for +02 Subaru models...it's supposedly suited best according to this site..."

MACFORD88
01-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Oil Light Thingy:eek:

n00bkiller944
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
LMAOOOOOO! This is classic i read 8 pages on that thread!

ImpalaSlayer
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
oh god :bricks:

Adam12
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
what a *****ing idiot....lol....people like that souldnt even attempt to open the hood

Mike Poore
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
I read ~10 pages, or until they started on each other.

Thing is, those morons are driving/racing on the very same highways me and my loved ones use. :eek:

Local Boy
01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Man!!! That was a slugfest!!! :eek:

Interesting how they REALLY turn on eachother...:down: ... :nono:

Cannibals... :dunno:

Aloha

rayjay
01-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Mental defectives with a driving privlege is a scary, but unfortunately comon occurance...

RedMerc04
01-19-2008, 08:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol: Maybe the kind with the limited slip additive would have helped... not! What a dumbass!

offroadkarter
01-19-2008, 08:45 PM
what a *****ing idiot....lol

Exactly what i said

I dont know how you can mistake transmission oil for motor oil, i mean wouldnt you even see that on the bottle :confused:

So did he use 5W30 in his transmission, and coolant in the rear gears?

RedMerc04
01-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I think the best part of the whole thing was where he put up the link to the redline oil site and it clearly describes the product that he used as tranny oil:
"...actually I ran Redline 75w90NS to be exact...and it recommended for +02 Subaru models...it's supposedly suited best according to this site...

Redline 75w90NS Transmission Oil (http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pm-677-37-redline-75w90ns-transmission-oil.aspx)"

Shora
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Cannibals... :dunno:

I think you have it spot on.

Did you notice how he (KanoWRX) has the title "I Eat RICErs For Lunch" under his user name?

Ricers eating rice sounds Cannibalistic to me.

Also, how about his Avatar of "Ricers being pissed on." Does he not understand that his Subaru would too be full of urine according to that pic?

Honestly, I think that whole Kano character is fake.

Cordoba1
01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I could only make it to page 4, then I realized my time was more valuable.
--
Many a under-handed-car salesmen have used the tranny-oil-in-the-crankcase trick to sell cars with tired V8's.... It REALLY quites down a sloppy engine, and stops the car from smoking.... On a big V8, and during hot weather, it works, but I wouldn't drive too far!
--
I totally melted down one of the most reliable engines ever built, a Chrysler 225CI Slant Six. I was on my way to high-school, and I noticed the temperature gauge creeping up and up and up. I was only about a mile away from school, but the temp. needle was totally pegged. The car smelled hot, and I knew I was in trouble, but it was just a mile... My high school was out in the country, and if I pulled over, I didn't know how I was going to get there. I also had my girl friend in the car, and I didn't want to make her late. Well, surprisingly, the cooling system didn't blow up. I wish it would have, because the engine just stopped running. The rings just melted smooth to the pistons. I had it towed to my shop, they did a compression test, and found none. None! They were quite surprised that I managed to melt down the internals without at least blowing a hose.

Cause? Well 1) I was a dumb-ass for driving with the temp needle pegged, and 2).... Stuck thermostat!

sailsmen
01-19-2008, 09:44 PM
We have seen similar things here.

I also see guys at the track, including Marauders, continue to keep it floored with all manner of fluids spewing out, not to be out done they continue down the return lane and into the pitts.:mad2:

Makes me want to urinate inside their car!

We are begining to see tracks require diapers on certain classes.

Blackmobile
01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I could only make it to page 4, then I realized my time was more valuable.
--
Many a under-handed-car salesmen have used the tranny-oil-in-the-crankcase trick to sell cars with tired V8's.... It REALLY quites down a sloppy engine, and stops the car from smoking.... On a big V8, and during hot weather, it works, but I wouldn't drive too far!
--
I totally melted down one of the most reliable engines ever built, a Chrysler 225CI Slant Six. I was on my way to high-school, and I noticed the temperature gauge creeping up and up and up. I was only about a mile away from school, but the temp. needle was totally pegged. The car smelled hot, and I knew I was in trouble, but it was just a mile... My high school was out in the country, and if I pulled over, I didn't know how I was going to get there. I also had my girl friend in the car, and I didn't want to make her late. Well, surprisingly, the cooling system didn't blow up. I wish it would have, because the engine just stopped running. The rings just melted smooth to the pistons. I had it towed to my shop, they did a compression test, and found none. None! They were quite surprised that I managed to melt down the internals without at least blowing a hose.

Cause? Well 1) I was a dumb-ass for driving with the temp needle pegged, and 2).... Stuck thermostat!

You were not alone. I too took the same engine to the edge and back. The only thing that stopped it was the wires melted off. well what do you expect with only 1 qt of oil in it, and I had to make it home from college. With new wires, and plugs and filled with oil, no bug in the wold could survive near the smoke it put out.But it RAN all the way to the junkyard.

JMan
01-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Thing is, those morons are driving/racing on the very same highways me and my loved ones use. :eek:

In my case, that's literally!

Also, love this link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LJP1mw0es

J

Motorhead350
01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Can you just imagine if someone putting Kerosene into a Marauder? :eek:

Raudermaster
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm not even going to comment, except say stupid little ricers.

freakstatus
01-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Last I checked, Subaru IS a ricer...