PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR Bank Flub Up!!!!!

KillJoy
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/6/6/MadCash.JPG

They decided to put a hold on ALL Funds......

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Zack
01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Looks accurate to me.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I think I know what this is about....:confused:

If you deposited a check that wasn't a cash-check bank note your bank has the right to place a hold on said funds until the check clears.

Were you trying to actually CASH that amount or withdrawl it?

I cashed a check for 12k once, but I had the funds in another checking account to back it up.

TiTo35
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM

If you deposited a check that wasn't a cash-check bank note your bank has the right to place a hold on said funds until the check clears.

I cashed a check for 12k once, but I had the funds in another checking account to back it up.

Can I borrow a dollar?:o

KillJoy
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM

What actually happened was this:

They placed a Hold on the Check I Deposited.

That Check showed as available on my Account.

The n00b at the Bank placed a HOLD on ALL Funds.

Check + Check + Balance

KillJoy

Richy04
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Next time deposit it in my account, my bank wont do those kinda things.. :-)

Zack
01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
So how much is in your account Steve?

MACFORD88
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Thats What Happen To Me.and My Balance Was 0.but I Talked To The Bank Manager And She Fixed The Problem.

KillJoy
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Thats What Happen To Me.and My Balance Was 0.but I Talked To The Bank Manager And She Fixed The Problem.

Yeah..... I called this evening. I attempted to buy Smalls some crackers, and was DENIED. I got home and called up Fifth Third. About 3 mins of me saying I was withdrawling all funds, I now have ALL available :D Being with a Bank for 15 years has a little influence.

As for the Balance.... who cares. It will be gone in a week or two anyways :D

KillJoy

Mad1
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I know they don't like to release funds on big checks ... ask me how I know.
:shake:

I've had some freelance jobs that paid out in bulk, and once had them try to put a 15-day hold on it for "clearing" purposes. Even though now, when I write checks the vendor ... for example, Wal-Mart or Ford ... can convert it to an electronic transfer and get their money out of my account almost instantly.

Anyway, I tried to point out something important to the teller, but she just slapped a hold on the check automatically. I then had her manager come over and check the account ... which had 2 direct-deposit payroll checks already pending at midnight on said account for roughly 3 times the check's amount. 'Nuff said. The manager cleared the hold on the check and I got my cash.

It pays to do business with more than one bank too. I keep several accounts with different banks, precisely so I can just pack up my business and go elsewhere without a hassle. (That isn't always easy either, I had three separate accounts migrate to one bank by virtue of several different mergers in the industry.)

It is fun though to walk in with a $12,000 check, isn't it Barry?

Jeremy
Mad1

martyo
01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Being with a Bank for 15 years has a little influence.

With a balances like that it is easy to understand why you are a vital customer. Hell, if you were to withdraw all of your funds it could send the entire economy into a tail spin.

Hmmmm....maybe that is what happened to the stock market this morning.

arejayesss
01-23-2008, 04:50 AM

Jeremy
Mad1

I know the feeling, after many years of having a peasants account balance. About a year and a half ago, I sold my first condo to move in with my fiance. I had made about a 70% profit on the condo in the two and a half years I had been there, thanks to the real estate boom, and getting out at the peak of it;) Anyways, I was a whole other class of customer when I walked into the bank that day and gave them that check. I hadn't been treated that nicely at that bank, ever!! It kind of upset me a little, until I looked at my new portfolio:D If only banks treated every customer like this:rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
01-23-2008, 05:50 AM
With a balances like that it is easy to understand why you are a vital customer. Hell, if you were to withdraw all of your funds it could send the entire economy into a tail spin.

That's what happened all right, sent the whole world into a tail spin.:rofl:

KillJoy
01-23-2008, 06:06 AM

That is my Checking Account. Not my Savings, or Joint Account.

Little People make the World go Round.

Smartass.....

;)

KillJoy

martyo
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Little People make the World go Round.
KillJoy Greenspan

They don't call you Killjoy Greenspan for nothin'!!
:D

ctrlraven
01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
I remember when I got my accident settlement check. They would release $1,500 that day, in five days another $5,000 and the rest would clear after 10 business days.

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Jeremy
Mad1

Indeed for me it won't happen too often.
That was the check from my father's life insurance to be used for his funeral.
The funeral costs were nearly 10k when it was all said and done.

The biggest check was for 89k when I sold his house.

THAT felt cool!:cool:

jgc61sr2002
01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Unfortunitly IMO banks are a necessary evil.:D
I once deposited a large check and the bank made my checking account have a negative balance.
The bank bounced several checks I had written previously with more than enough funds to cover them.
They refunded all their charges to my account.:D
They all S**k.