PDA

View Full Version : I found one.

Aren Jay
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
I just wonder if I should get it.

It is a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Red looks like tan Interior Sunroof etc...

114500km or 71,000 miles.

I could have a matching Coupe to my Marauder. Almost.

$8K asking. I would offer no more than $7K

What do you think?

Would an Oasis still be possible?

:)http://ppgmedia.canadatrader.com/ppgphotos/20080107125841714/20080107125841714_200811122301 65293737-display.jpg

Email sent for info.

Raudermaster
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, OASIS' I believe can be had if the vehicle is 10 years old and newer, past 10 yrs and I think you can't get one. I've always liked the Mark's, is it an LSC?

hot-rauder
01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
love those rides.... SUPER comfy and really sleek. DOIT!

Aren Jay
01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Not LSC. LSC has body coloured trim Chrome means base model.

When it warms up I will go have a look.

It be cold here today, and Monday. Tuesday it warms up to -25C Thursday will be another heatwave and -8C.

Egon Spengler
01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
98 and 115,000? I'd start at $5,500.00 and see what you can knock off

Egon Spengler
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
sorry... just read the km... not used to that... low miles for an older car... I am almost there with my 03mm... still think you could knock a couple bucks off though

Breadfan
01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
sorry... just read the km... not used to that... low miles for an older car... I am almost there with my 03mm... still think you could knock a couple bucks off though

Especially for the missing center caps unless those are winter wheels/tires and the caps are just not installed.

hot-rauder
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
i just noticed, the Mark VIII has the same shift knob as the MM.... much like checy did with the camaro. From 1983- 2003 it had the same automatic shift knob

Breadfan
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Continental w/ floor shift has it too, just uses the chrome trim instead of the matrix trim. Wonder where else it pops up!

UncleLar
01-28-2008, 01:40 PM
The MK VIII is a pretty light car,it's basically the MN-12 platform like the last 4 seater rear drive Cougars and T-Birds and used aluminum extensively throughout.
Check the heating/AC system carefully,they are notorious for the blend door malfunctions.
Also make sure the car has been sitting overnight and not started before you check it out to see if the air suspension has leaked down and needs repair,repairs for either thing are NOT cheap.
You can R&R the blend door stuff yourself if you're patient and mechanically inclined and reinforce the new one yourself using instructions on the MK VIII website to keep it from breaking again.There is a really good website for MK VIII's with tons of info and tech help for the cars,the people there are a lot like the people here,pretty friendly and helpful.
The LSC had only 10 more horsepower than the basic car and that was because of the true dual exhaust.
The MK VIII Collectors Editions had a genuine wood covered floor shift knob,I don't know if they'll fit the MM but I'm looking for one in the bone yards,the knob alone is no longer available and to get one new you have to buy the whole shifter assy,that's almost $700.00 list.(Well,I just gave away my "secret" mod info,I wanted to be the first to do it to the MM,lol.)
BTW,I'm no expert on the MK VIII's,half of what I know I learned this week end from the MK VII site and the other half from when I was in the TCCOA.
If I had the dough and came across a primo MK VIII LSC I'd grab it up pronto,'specially in the Red color,Green would be my second choice.
I hope this helps you.

Aren Jay
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
After checking it seems the LSC do also have the chrome side trim so I don't know if this is a LSC? I will check it out on the weekend.

I'm not sure if I fit, with the sunroof. I have heard that they are vertically challenging. I do know, from reading up on them, that they are very well equipt.

Do they have an earlier version of the Marauder engine?

hot-rauder
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
After checking it seems the LSC do also have the chrome side trim so I don't know if this is a LSC? I will check it out on the weekend.

I'm not sure if I fit, with the sunroof. I have heard that they are vertically challenging. I do know, from reading up on them, that they are very well equipt.

Do they have an earlier version of the Marauder engine?

it appears so.

its a 290hp 32v Intech V8....
I knew i always liked them for a reason! lol

Raudermaster
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I can buy a Mark 8 at work for $500 bucks if I want that runs mint. Too bad it has 250k on it, and the interior is hideous along with the paint. Mechanically this thing is a beast.

Aren Jay
01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
So do Marauder stock parts fit on a Mark VIII? Should I upgrade my Torque Converter and move to a 4.10 it would be nice to have somewhere to put the 3.55 and Stock left over parts.

Do they fit?

UncleLar
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
One guy who could tell you for sure is Dennis Reinhart. He has/had a MK VIII that was turning 11's in the quarter before he got started on Marauders.

Aren Jay
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Turns out the Car is a LSC. I'm going on Saturday to have a look at it.

It is fairly cheap but all my Money is tied up else where right now. I suppose I could borrow some money to pick it up but I will have to see how good/bad it is.

The Whole reason I bought my Marauder was because I couldn't find one of these. Now I am not going to sell my Marauder but this Mark Viii might make a good second/winter car.

hot-rauder
01-31-2008, 12:30 AM
good luck!! check everything! i went to buy one of these and it was a turd underneath... check and recheck, but best of luck!

Aren Jay
02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going to have a good look tomorrow after breakfast at the best breakfast place in Calgary. Excellent food plus eye candy.

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Well I don't fit in a Mark VIII

I hit my head on the roof.

I also do not fit in an Aviator.

Seat is too narrow and I hit my head on the roof.

I also do not fit in a new Expedition.

I again hit my head on the roof.

So I'm either going to have to get a Lightning or another Marauder, or maybe that Chrysler limo.

UncleLar
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
You don't fit in an Expedition? Hokey smokes Bullwinkle,how darn tall are you?:eek:
I'm 6'3" or maybe a hair more and I had a 98 Expy and then a 2003 Expy with the power moon roof and I never had any headroom issues other than having to duck my head to keep from knocking my hat off when I was getting in. Heck,they were easier to get into and out of than my GM's and my MM . I even had some headroom to spare in my 96 Cougar (though only a few inches).

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Sunroof's I hate sunroofs.

Only car I have ever fit into that has a Sunroof was a new 2003+ 4 door Jagaur. Nothing else.

UncleLar
02-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm not big on moon roofs either,I'd have preferred my DTR MM without it,but it has one. The 03 Expy I ordered with one to take family&friends from out of town on tours of downtown Chicago on tours of all the tall buildings including the ones my father and I helped build.
I do remember going to the Chicago Auto Show the year the MK VIII's came out and darn near knocking myself out when I tried getting into one,but when a friend bought one I learned to get into it without the drama though it did take a bit of conscious effort (or else wham,ouch). One car I really have fun getting into the drivers seat in is my son's Honda S2000. I have to put the roof down,walk into it standing and slide down into the seat like getting into a go kart,the passenger side is pure misery,absolutely a pain to get into and crammed against the dash,console and door with no room whatsoever to squirm around. Sure is a fun fast little car to drive though.
Seriously though,how tall are you?

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
6' 4" and a bit.

I found that the Solstice is a nice looking car but I couldn't sit down in one at the car show. I just couldn't sit down in it without having my legs sticking out the open door.

Ironically I do fit into most small cars. Honda Fit Nissan Versa Suzuki SX4 or the Smart Car. The SX4 is particularly nice. I even found that the Kia Amanti without the sunroof was a good fit, tried one out at the car show one year. But Kia would not sell one without the sunroof in Canada. Stupid Stupid. Oh well I ended up with my Marauder instead and Couldn't be more happy.