PDA

View Full Version : The front fell off (Video)

ctrlraven
01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.hutton-web-design.co.uk/tanker.html

Well if this wasn't safe why did it have 80,000 tons of crude oil on it?

I'm not saying the tank wasn't safe. It's just not quite as safe as some of the other ones.

Other ones?

Some of them are built so the front won't fall off.

Well isn't this one built so the front won't fall off?

Well obviously not.

How do you know?

Well 'cause the front fell off and 20,000 tons of crude oil spilled and the sea caught fire.

SILVERSURFER03
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Cardboard Is Out And So Is Rubber And String Lololololol Hahahahahahah Thats Funny

Bluerauder
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
A wave hit it.

Is that unusual.

Why yes, that's a chance in a million. :rofl:

On a serious note, in very rough seas it is possible for a large ship to have a portion of its length unsupported by the bouyant effect of the water. Think of it as suspended between two massive waves with the entire center section out of the water. This is an "unnatural" condition for a ship and they are typically not designed to support a fully loaded condition OUT OF THE WATER. Ships break in half and sink in these conditions. Speculation is that this may have been what happened to the Edmund Fitzgerald of song lore. It also explains the separation of the Titanic's stern from the main part of the ship on the bottom of the North Atlantic. The movie "Titanic" shows how this may have happened when the stern was lifted out of the water and and it broke off due to the shear weight of the structure. Ships are meant to float and are not intended to sit on two saw horses. Even in a shipyard during construction, the entire length of the keel is supported with the rest of the ship being blocked and supported.

n00bkiller944
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Hahha, Yeah i remember seeing this before i loved it!

n00bkiller944
01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
It needs a steering wheel and there is a minimum crew requirement
whats that requirement?
well 1 i suppose

hot-rauder
01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
"Well the front fell off!!"

"It was hit by a wave"
"At sea?"
"Yes, a chance in a million"

oh man lol

Mike Poore
01-31-2008, 07:27 AM
I guess he rules out DUCK tape too; however, implied, not specified. But, on the other hand, knowing the amazing properties of DUCK tape, one might think the front might not have fallen off, and the 80,000 tons of crude oil, which caught fire, might not have spilled into the sea.

ckadiddle
01-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Sounds like a sketch written by the Monty Python crew. First part of the skit would be onboard the tanker, first mate informing the captain (John Cleese) that the front end just fell off the ship.