PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Losing to Ricer on youtube

RedMerc04
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyj3yFpenio&feature=related was this anybody on here? :bigcry:

BruteForce
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Lemme take a shot at him. :banana2:

RedMerc04
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, Im sure a trilogy car would put him well in his place! I hope that that Marauder was bone stock, It appears to have stock gears judging by the rpms.

offroadkarter
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Prepare for the 5 pages about how a crappy american car got beaten by a small jap car.

gmtech
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Prepare for the 5 pages about how a crappy american car got beaten by a small jap car.
my thoughts exactly..the american car bashing begins....stupid rice:flamer:

Bobmiddle
02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Yea it happens I got beat by a SRT-4 with liscense plate that said jrviper I was not all that impressed he only had me by a car @100mph. I was expecting to really get Smoked

RedMerc04
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Yea it happens I got beat by a SRT-4 with liscense plate that said jrviper I was not all that impressed he only had me by a car @100mph. I was expecting to really get Smoked
Yea, I think that cars like the SRT4 and STI are very overrated. Really not that impressive from anything but a standing start unless they are modded. They may be quick but they are still at heart 4 Cylinder ***** boxes.

Raudermaster
02-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow, that was sad. A *****ing Sentra, come on.....RedMerc you're right, my buddy's Stage 3 SRT-4 from a dig is absolutely awful. Almost anything can beat it from a dig.

Cordoba1
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
You know -- The guys in the Marauder gave the winner proper "props." I have to give them the thumbs up for that. The lost gracefully - most sporting, I say.

How many times did the Nissan row through the gears -- I think he had an 18 speed in that thing with two over drives! :)

crabby125
02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I dunno, I wouldnt consider that sentra as a ricer. From the vid, it looks like a well tuned import. I am impressed that it beat a Marauder.

My ex had a 87 sentra with a 4spd manual and power nuttin. It was a fun car to drive and was pretty quick for a 4cyl too.

Bluerauder
02-02-2008, 05:31 AM
I dunno, I wouldnt consider that sentra as a ricer.
Uhhhhh ..... it's a Nissan. :rolleyes:

MarauderMark
02-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Thats just awful
Please do not show things like that on here.That vid should be:banned:!!!!

crabby125
02-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Uhhhhh ..... it's a Nissan. :rolleyes:

I consider cars like the ones below to be ricers, All show and no go.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/radawsonco/ricer.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/Ioku7/jayjay.jpg

If you look at the nissan its more about performace than style. There are no stickers huge wheels or bright paint job. Its just stock looking with the exception of the muffler.

Bluerauder
02-02-2008, 06:54 AM
I consider cars like the ones below to be ricers, All show and no go.

You're right !

1. ricer 2550 up, 229 down

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

crabby125
02-02-2008, 07:16 AM
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

Thats pretty accurate Ricer description too.:banana:

xander
02-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Yea, I think that cars like the SRT4 and STI are very overrated. Really not that impressive from anything but a standing start unless they are modded. They may be quick but they are still at heart 4 Cylinder ***** boxes.

SRT4's are FWD and are NOT impressive form a start. I beat a stage 2 one in the quarter once. But it was to my advantage. 1st, he couldn't launch the thing, 2nd, he couldnt shift worth a crap. If a more experienced driver was at the wheel the outcome would have been different. But I beat him nonetheless :cool:. I have the in-car track vid somewhere.

I like STI's mainly because im a fan of rally racing.

Blackened300a
02-02-2008, 09:49 AM
My cousin had a 95 Nissan 200SX SE-R Which is basically a higher end sentra. He managed to get the car down to a 15.1 with simple bolt-ons and then pulled a 13.9 with a 50 shot and tune.
Im thinking the Marauder is bone stock or just a tune and thats the only reason why the sentra had any chance.

I wish this took place in NY, Id track down that sentra and make a better video with a happier ending.
:D

buttsandwhich
02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
A marauder lost to what? A weedwhacker. A Kenny Brown will put him nicely in his place.

RedMerc04
02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
My cousin had a 95 Nissan 200SX SE-R Which is basically a higher end sentra. He managed to get the car down to a 15.1 with simple bolt-ons and then pulled a 13.9 with a 50 shot and tune.
Im thinking the Marauder is bone stock or just a tune and thats the only reason why the sentra had any chance.

I wish this took place in NY, Id track down that sentra and make a better video with a happier ending.
:D
Yeah, that marauder cant be anything more than a tune. You cant even Hear it! Maybe he just as much of a car nut as we are!?!? He is also running WOT without turning the overdrive off! :shake:

Pat
02-03-2008, 05:06 AM
My two cents;

The other video in that series had the MM and Nisson dragging from a standing start. The Nisson took the MM handily, but what was interesting was the nisson driver "pedaling" his car to maintain traction. The Nisson may have been turbo'd although I didn't hear a blow off that's not always the giveaway.

I believe the Nissan was not stock by a long shot. Throttle response and lack of exhaust emissions were also indications of mods.

The surefire confidance of the Nisson driver told a story too. Tangling with a Marauder without blinking an eye, he's done this before.

The MM on the other hand was, I believe, stock. The engine sound indicated that there was no CAI or exhaust work. The speedo reading was stuck around 120 for a long time ( MPH Limiter?) and the RPM's were barely in the power band.

Our sleeper was still asleep.

My son Jason, the Honda mech, does a lot of work on these little street pirannas. They look so plain except for the fart can but everybody has those, they will eat your lunch.

Aside, Isn't this the exact reason the FHP bought Marauders and DR tuned them to catch high speed street racers on well traveled highways- (party pooper).

Blackened300a
02-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Theres a 2nd video of this exact race. This time the Nissan jumped and the Marauder was a car length behind but not falling behind. you can also hear the driver say when hit 120 that thats all he has.

Stock Marauder vs modded Nissan. Give the Marauder just a tune and different story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN90gn1OqCM

Taemian
02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Here's the BASE engine this Nissan had...

"The most powerful VVL engine so far, is the SR20VET. The SR20VET is a turbocharged '20V' SR20VE. It uses a Garrett GT2560R turbo charger, and makes 280ps (276hp). Nissan's technical information about this engine states that it is 9:1 compression ratio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_ratio), but it really adds up to 8.8:1. Compaired to the SR20DET (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR20DET) (used in the Nissan Silvia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Silvia), and Bluebird), the SR20VET (aside from having VVL technology) has improved airflow in the cylinder head (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_head), higher compression, and also improved coolant passages."

He has it shown on the dyno in another of his youtube vids, and he has other subtle mods. It's all about the hp to weight ratio, guys. What this guy did is the same as taking a Mustang 5.0 (fox body style) engine and dropping it in a Ford Fairmont, which is actually lighter.

Regardless, he "slept" the MM...the very same thing WE try to do to other guys!:o (well, at least us guys with silver, stock muffler, untinted MMs do)

Hopefully, this guy will GET SOME MODS!!! I'm going to message him on youtube with this site for info!:burnout:

Motorhead350
02-03-2008, 09:29 PM
All of the problems with a Mercury Marauder losing to a economy car don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

Mike Poore
02-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Well ....you've gotta admit the performance exhaust note on the little turd was extra nice ......not! :rolleyes:

SID210SA
02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
I could have sworn that he said at the end of the 20 second vid that "its not running right"!! maybe that would explain the loss....and definately no tune on that Marauder....

Zack
02-04-2008, 08:03 AM
A marauder lost to what? A weedwhacker. A Kenny Brown will put him nicely in his place.

Do you own BIG JOE P's old car?

Eric-Blk2004
03-28-2008, 11:41 AM
I am glad someone took the time to define what rice is.

I am so tired of people calling ALL imports rice. A ricer and a rice car are those piece of crap civics/whatevers running fast and the retarded decals spoliers etc.

A Supra pushing 550whp and walking cars on the highway by 4 to 5 car lengths is not rice. It is import with balls.

Just like the losers with Ford Probe's and fart cans, or the 6 cyclinder stangs thinking their car is the best.

Both sides have dumb cars with stupid/pointless mods. Rice and Potato as I say.

Respect horsepower where its present.

ckadiddle
03-28-2008, 12:12 PM
If you look closely, you can actually see the "fart can" fart in that video. heh heh

MM2004
03-28-2008, 02:13 PM
120 MPH @ 4,000 rev's.

I say stock gears.

Notice the red light on the dash? Seatbelt?

I heard 120,...It's over.

Mike.

Aren Jay
03-28-2008, 06:56 PM
So Cruztaker hasn't replied to this thread. Did you read his comment?

That obviously wasn't a Marauder.
The driver sounds 16.
Everyone whom posted here is an fn loser!
Booya!