PDA

View Full Version : New 2nd car thread.

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
So After sitting in the various cars and Aviator I have a new car list.

First off I do not fit in a Mark VIII or an Aviator.

so the new list is going to be either:

A Lightning.

A Second Marauder.

or

The Chrysler K Limo.

I suppose I could look at a Subaru again but they are too small. A smart car is ok but doesn't work for most things and would mean I would still have to keep the Marauder non SCed for winter use.

so what do you think.

Lightning for Summer SC fun and occasion truck and towing needs.

Second Marauder not DTR for winter use.

or the

K Limo for winter.

Lightning would be in the $25K price range.

A Blue Silver or Black Marauder in the $15K range. And then $10-15K added to the DTR.

Or Pick up the K Limo for $3500. And go all out for the Marauder.

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
2 For the Limo winter car and Ultimate Marauder, or as much as $25 K can buy. Wow.

offroadkarter
02-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Who voted K car!

I still cant understand why you like those i mean..... Its a K car!

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/02/president_k_limo.jpg

Eeww

I voted for the lightning :burnout:

Aren Jay
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
I always like K cars.

offroadkarter
02-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I always like K cars.

I'd vote smart car over K car. The Mercedes dealer by me added on a smart section and has 3 in inventory so far. Black/orange, black/yellow and black/white.

Aren Jay
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.truveo.com/1983-chrysler-EClass-commercial/id/3695056841

Can Ricardo be wrong?

Plus they talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYR07J0pZk

Kitt eat your heart out. Mind you they are known to drive people crazy.

Bluerauder
02-03-2008, 05:47 AM
What is this ... like the 3rd or 4th poll for your second car ??? :rolleyes: Just get something and move on. If it is another Marauder, post pics. If not .... :censor:

Aren Jay
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Problem Is the 2nd and 3rd poll included cars I did't at the time know I wouldn't fit into.

I didn't know the Mark VIII was only for short people. The Aviator is a womans Navigator. Men need not atempt, unless small.

Being tall is great until you try to buy a new fancy car, clothes, an RV or just want to see what magazines are on the rack at the book store.

Also to complete this rant, why oh why do they put the biggest sizes of clothes, shoes etc... on the bottom shelf and the smallest on the top?

Motorhead350
02-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Get the K car you seem to bring it up over and over. Just get it and have fun!

Aren Jay
02-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I just keep wondering if it is safe enough to drive around.

On the other hand, A friend was pointing out to me and making a point how now adays we are all coddled in our safety.

I was watching seasones one through five of the Rockford Files. Cars back then. They had safety belts, no other safety devices not even crumple zones. Now adays everyone is worried about making to the next year, back then you just lived your life, next year was planned for but not worried about more likely you would be nuked.

Anyway most of you know this.

Just funny how cars now have burgler alarms, programmed keys, locking gas caps, hood releases inside the car, air bags, ABS, Traction Control, OBDII ports, 3rd brake lights, keyless entry, auto shutoff lights, Auto AC, Heated seats, Over Drive, Fancy Stereo's, Every car now has power windows seats door locks brakes and steering. One touch window down buttons, sometimes more than one. Panic Alarms, Remote start, Cruise Control and consoles. Power sunroofs, they used to have T roofs, which were great for tall people, but not any more. Auto door locks. Auto head lights.

Now the K car does have some of these things and the creepy voice telling you you left your lights on and the keys in the ignition but it doesn't do all these things for you. FWD is better on ice, and I like it, but then the G-Bu Legacy kicks in and I wonder if a Terrorist is going to side swipe me while driving my K Limo.

I guess I need to go for a limo test drive next week.

On the other hand the same friend tells me to get a Lightning.

hyvltge
02-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Having an L and looking for a Marauder I would say get an L..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/hyvltge/11-10-07Kristin223.jpg

MagRes50Cal
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
was actually looking at picking up a matching silver lightning for myself this summer. then i thought i could sink that money into upgrading the marauder and making it a lot more fun to drive. maybe set aside some of that money to pay the tickets and raised insurance ill probably get afterwards.:D

hot-rauder
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
K cars are reliable and cheap... there fore you have a secondcar, that qiet frankly you dont need to worry about, and have a super marauder.

lightnings are fun but do you want to put your MM through winter?

and i dont like the idea of having a MM for winter and one for summer....

i say go with the Lightning, you will have an absolute blast.

QWK SVT
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Well... This poll offered a pretty easy choice for me to choose!

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Buy an 04 up F150 and turn into a custom lightning.

Aren Jay
02-05-2008, 11:18 PM

That would cost too much.

I would just instead get a second Marauder for winter use and bring the DTR up to SC specs & summer use only.

Aren Jay
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
So after consideration, looking, havn't had time to look at the lightning yet.

And such.

I have come to this conclusion.

1. Marauder for Summer and Winter use, Lightning for Truck and fun.

2. Marauder for Summer use and SC Fun, Navigator for truck and winter use.

3. Marauder DTR for Summer use & SC Fun, Marauder NA for winter, likely Black, Blue or Silver. Can't see myself having two DTR's.

The Limo I might just get anyway, $2K for a project car. I can also afford it now.

Dr Caleb
02-07-2008, 11:04 AM

^^ I'm with him. I just bought an '06 F-150 Lariat 4x4 to replace the Crown Vic as my winter beater. Pick it up tomorrow, and cars for kidneys is coming Monday for the CV.

Breadfan
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
So after consideration, looking, havn't had time to look at the lightning yet.

And such.

I have come to this conclusion.

1. Marauder for Summer and Winter use, Lightning for Truck and fun.

2. Marauder for Summer use and SC Fun, Navigator for truck and winter use.

3. Marauder DTR for Summer use & SC Fun, Marauder NA for winter, likely Black, Blue or Silver. Can't see myself having two DTR's.

The Limo I might just get anyway, $2K for a project car. I can also afford it now.

You mean "these" conclusion"s". :D

You've got some good options there, either of the three would work. I kinda like #2 just glancing at them and thinking about what winters must be like up there - seems to me an AWD/4WD platform would be beneficial for winter. The other 2 have thier virtues as well.

I say regardless go buy that K-car limo. Have fun with it, when you're done sell it for what you paid for it.

I'd drive it. Yes I said it, I'd drive a K-car, but that comes from a lack of being able to be humiliated in a K-car - I've driven 2 of them in the past so a third can make anything worse. And if it's a turbo let me tell you the LAG is FUN! **

Just don't take it up to Possum Lake, they don't take too kindly to K-cars up there, well, atleast it may leave much different then how it arrived there! (A bit of extra duct tape too)

** K-car experience: I drove a Reliant for a few weeks when my first car was down for the count with some brake problems, and I drove a late 80's K-car New Yorker with the Turbo 2.2l, I was selling it for someone and had to drive it to get all the inspections prior to selling. Long exposure to K-cars is not recommended, YMMV, use at your own risk!