PDA

View Full Version : What is...

1stMerc
02-03-2008, 06:40 PM
this world coming to???

Was at Walmart today to pickup a few things, vitamins, cough drops and other stuff. Decided to cruz over to auto section to check on price of Mobill 1 and just look around. Ran across a bottle of Gumout's Regane so decided to get it to put in the tank, since i was a good stretch from home. Took it to the checkout and shockers, i got carded for it. Alas, not old enough to purchase, so had to leave it there......................... .....................:mad:

J/k

With all this over night grey hair, one look told him i was old enough, when check id came up on the register. Seems you have to be 18 or older to purchase automotive chemicals now, least at Walmart.

Seriously, when did this happen and has anyone else ran into this.

TiTo35
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
How old do you have to be?

1stMerc
02-03-2008, 06:55 PM
How old do you have to be?

You have to be 18 or older. Guess now under age folks will be looking for someone to comp them some brake cleaner now.:argue:

UncleLar
02-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Yep,you're supposed to have a AARP card to be buying that stuff sonny.
Seriously,that's a new one on me,but I haven't been to Wally World in years.
I use Chevron Techron fuel injection cleaner in my cars,one big bottle in the tank and fill 'er up every oil change. $10-$11 per bottle but well worth it.

Hacklemerc
02-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey, in all seriousness, with people making Meth Amphetamines out of just about everything they put stupid age requirements that really only put normal people out. I was at a store the other day and they had the spray paint locked up so the huffers couldn't get it.

gonzo50
02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
It's the same with a bottle of "Air Duster", I got carded too, seems that these aerosol cans are being used and abused as inhalants by the younger generation.....:flamer:

Blk Mamba
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
how freekin stupid is that, it's an automotive chemical.

1stMerc
02-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey, in all seriousness, with people making Meth Amphetamines out of just about everything they put stupid age requirements that really only put normal people out. I was at a store the other day and they had the spray paint locked up so the huffers couldn't get it.

It's the same with a bottle of "Air Duster", I got carded too, seems that these aerosol cans are being used and abused as inhalants by the younger generation.....:flamer:

True dat, on both counts,
Problem is someone thinks that an age restriction is going to stop anything. Since i walked out the store with the stuff,
half could have went in the tank, and, if i was so inclined, as Ray Stevens once said in a song, i could be running around behind the little animals about now.

There's got to be a more effective way.

Cordoba1
02-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Ha! You can't even purchase a can of spray-paint in the entire city of Chicago! It helps with the "tagging" problem.

RCSignals
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM

and 'taggers'

In Portland OR they have to keep a log of who buys spray paint. :lol:

jdando
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Ha! You can't even purchase a can of spray-paint in the entire city of Chicago! It helps with the "tagging" problem.

:help:
I am amazed at the amount of "tagging" and graffiti here in Rome.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/IMG_8672b.jpg

At least the monuments and buildings are clean, but the Metro is wall to wall graffiti:mad:

magindat
02-04-2008, 05:32 AM
You'll get carded for anything 'huffable'. The duster can get you stoned and the auto chemical contains xylene or probly toluene.