PDA

View Full Version : Giants won the superbowl!

offroadkarter
02-03-2008, 08:08 PM
That was a crazy game, and look who won :D

What do the new england fans on this board have to say?

Adam12
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
what the ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG1NUT
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Go Giants is all I have to say.

offroadkarter
02-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Go Giants is all I have to say.

:banana:

Raudermaster
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't even get me started, Eli pulled those hail mary throws out of his fat ass and prayed to God someone caught them. He had absolutely no game plan tonight. If Samuels had caught the throw that Eli did, the game would have been over. Hobbs is the bastard of the game for the Pats though.

Bluerauder
02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't even get me started, Eli pulled those hail mary throws out of his fat ass and prayed to God someone caught them. He had absolutely no game plan tonight. If Samuels had caught the throw that Eli did, the game would have been over. Hobbs is the bastard of the game for the Pats though.
What sour grapes ^^^^^^. It was a very good game. Better than the commercials this year. The Giants shut down Brady and kept him under pressure all night. The Manning to Plaxico Burris TD in the corner of the end zone to end the game was run specifically during warm ups. It was choreagraphed EXACTLY as it was thrown.

I didn't have a dog in this hunt. I feel bad for the Patriots. The Giants stood up to the pressure and made the comeback. It'll go down as one of the great games of the NFL's history. Let's give credit where credit is due.

CONGRATS NY GIANTS !!!

SC Cheesehead
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM

:bigcry:Under 2 minutes to go, 80+ yards in 12 plays, with a touchdown to a wide-open Burris in the corner of the end zone, yeah, no plan just pure luck.:rolleyes:

Actually, I know how you feel right now, I'm still stinging from the Packer's loss in the NFC championship game two weeks ago.

But as Vince Lombardi used to say, "On any given Sunday...."

SCCH

Motorhead350
02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Looks like I missed something.

SC Cheesehead
02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Dom, the biggest night of the football season and you missed the game?

Where the heck were you, and what were you doing?:confused:

SCCH

RedMerc04
02-03-2008, 09:35 PM
HAHAHA! Im lovin it! I really thought Manning was gonna get sacked on the play after the Pats went ahead where he threw that 35 yard pass. Scary stuff, but thats what makes it fun!

Raudermaster
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
:bigcry:Under 2 minutes to go, 80+ yards in 12 plays, with a touchdown to a wide-open Burris in the corner of the end zone, yeah, no plan just pure luck.:rolleyes:

SCCH

Yep, that's exactly what it was my friend, pure luck. NO ONE can do that but the Brady and Moss connection. Like I said, I like Eli better than his dumbass brother, but that was just a lucky ass throw and Eli gave it all he had.

rayjay
02-04-2008, 02:35 AM
How bout dem Gyints! I had no dog in the fight either (lousy Bills :mad2:) so I rooted for the underdog. I could here the screams of agony coming from my neighbors house. HUGE Pats fans from Boston. I'll bust on him tomorrow. :D

Blackmobile
02-04-2008, 04:24 AM
:party:WAY TO GO GIANTS:party:....AGAIN!

SC Cheesehead
02-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Yep, that's exactly what it was my friend, pure luck. NO ONE can do that but the Brady and Moss connection. Like I said, I like Eli better than his dumbass brother, but that was just a lucky ass throw and Eli gave it all he had.

Give me a friggin' break! You've been reading too many Pats press releases.

SCCH

MarauderMark
02-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Yay....:up:

knine
02-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Who did what? :dunno:

MarauderTJA
02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I was TOTALLY BUMMED OUT! But I have to admit, the Giants derserved the win.

GreekGod
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
ees thees Americain futbol?....ching gow, not fair giantz playing normal sized mens...:bandit:

Raudermaster
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I was TOTALLY BUMMED OUT! But I have to admit, the Giants derserved the win.

Don't give in that easy Tom. The Giants got lucky in their past few games, and let's face it, the Pats were certainly not on their A game last night unfortunately. SCCH, seriously though, what other QB's have been able to do that all season long? Where they just pull a 60 yarder and were able to connect with someone? All I've seen is Brady and Moss. You're just another nay sayer because of what the Pats were able to accomplish this year and don't want to give them a bit of credit because they're "cheaters" right.

Bluerauder
02-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Don't give in that easy Tom. The Giants got lucky in their past few games, and let's face it, the Pats were certainly not on their A game last night unfortunately. SCCH, seriously though, what other QB's have been able to do that all season long? Where they just pull a 60 yarder and were able to connect with someone? All I've seen is Brady and Moss. You're just another nay sayer because of what the Pats were able to accomplish this year and don't want to give them a bit of credit because they're "cheaters" right.
You take this crap far too seriously. You're gonna get ulcers before your 30th birthday. ;)

I have been watching football since the 1958 Championship Game ... long before the current Superbowl series. By Superbowl XLIII, 95% of the world won't even remember who played. However, it will be remembered as "one of the best" Superbowl contests in the 42 year run so far. Enjoy it for what it was and for what it will become. The last I saw, the score was Giants 17 - Patriots 14 and that is ALL that matters. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda won't play well in the years to come. JMHO. :rolleyes:

GreekGod
02-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Your futbol ees not round...so you don't never know where eet goes...:bandit:

MarauderMark
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
:laugh:

ees thees Americain futbol?....ching gow, not fair giantz playing normal sized mens...:bandit:
:laugh:

Your futbol ees not round...so you don't never know where eet goes...:bandit:

I swear i love when you post:rofl:
You ain't wrap to rite:up:
:

SC Cheesehead
02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't give in that easy Tom. The Giants got lucky in their past few games, and let's face it, the Pats were certainly not on their A game last night unfortunately. SCCH, seriously though, what other QB's have been able to do that all season long? Where they just pull a 60 yarder and were able to connect with someone? All I've seen is Brady and Moss.

FWIW, I've been watching an "old guy" do this for the better part of 17 consecutive seasons, (e.g. Favre and Sharper, Favre and Jefferson, Favre and Walker, Favre and Driver, but I digress) so I guess you could say I'm a bit "jaded" when it comes to Brady and Moss' single season accomplishments.

You're just another nay sayer because of what the Pats were able to accomplish this year and don't want to give them a bit of credit because they're "cheaters" right.

If you think that everyone that isn't in terminal mourning over the Pat's loss is a naysayer you're going to grow to be a bitter old man. They're a great team, they had a great year. They lost the big one. ***** happens. Get over it, and wait for next year.

BTW, I've never referred to the Pats as "cheaters," but somebody was upset with their behavior; the NFL doesn't hand out $750K fines and pull draft picks for grins.

SCCH

quahog
02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
How about that missed call for offensive pass interference. At least 40 yards in field position is the result. Refs should not miss calls like that in the biggest game. Even the announcers caught the penalty and showed the replay. Refs should not have a factor in the outcome. Giants stole one. And, yes the Pats will dominate again next year for all you haters.

dreydin
02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
pffft. Cowboys.

and Pats lost when it counted the most. grats on going 0-1 bc the 18 dont mean shiat now son lol <3

Raudermaster
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Yea, you're right, 18 games in a row doesn't mean ****.:shake:

hot-rauder
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Yea, you're right, 18 games in a row doesn't mean ****.:shake:

:shake: jealousy... isn't it great Jarod?

Bigdogjim
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
What sour grapes ^^^^^^. It was a very good game. Better than the commercials this year. The Giants shut down Brady and kept him under pressure all night. The Manning to Plaxico Burris TD in the corner of the end zone to end the game was run specifically during warm ups. It was choreagraphed EXACTLY as it was thrown.

I didn't have a dog in this hunt. I feel bad for the Patriots. The Giants stood up to the pressure and made the comeback. It'll go down as one of the great games of the NFL's history. Let's give credit where credit is due.

CONGRATS NY GIANTS !!!

Pretty much sums it up.

Better luck next year Pats:P

dreydin
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
:shake: jealousy... isn't it great Jarod?

ooo youre right. i wish the Cowboys went 18-1 :lol: :rofl:

Gordonfan24
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm a Giants fan. I don't care what anyone says about "luck" or "flukes" or any of that. The bottom line is that Eli Manning, and the Giants as a team, stepped it up in the playoffs. They had as good a chance as any team in the league to win that game. Two total turnovers in four games? That's not luck. Hell, you could see Eli was more confident and much more accurate.

Granted, the Pats defense was not doing its job Sunday. They had two very good opportunities for picks (one that would have solidified a Patriots win) and did not capitalize. But you can't just say the Pats offense was not at their prime. The Giants defense did not give them a chance to do so. Brady was on his back more than his feet.

But, as has been said, I believe the final score was Giants 17-Patriots 14...
And this is all that matters.
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00429/a1_682x400_429937a.jpg

RaceLegend79
02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm a Giants fan. I don't care what anyone says about "luck" or "flukes" or any of that. The bottom line is that Eli Manning, and the Giants as a team, stepped it up in the playoffs. They had as good a chance as any team in the league to win that game. Two total turnovers in four games? That's not luck. Hell, you could see Eli was more confident and much more accurate.

Granted, the Pats defense was not doing its job Sunday. They had two very good opportunities for picks (one that would have solidified a Patriots win) and did not capitalize. But you can't just say the Pats offense was not at their prime. The Giants defense did not give them a chance to do so. Brady was on his back more than his feet.

1. The Giants played a great game in week 17, lost to a better team but learned a lot.

2. Dont care what anyone says, played the weakest team in the playoffs, period. Gained confidence and realized that maybe were ok.

3. Play Cowboys and get false, as in bad, call for offsides against Demarkus Ware. Turns into TD. More bad calls and all of a sudden they beat the only team that can stop them. Sorry but the Pack stole a 1 time opportunity, as proven, the Boys and Giants meet twice a year every year.

4. Get to SB XLII and have Strahan lined up in neutral zone or offsides nearly 1/2 the game. Hence the constant pressure on Brady. I know that Tuck got a lot of pressure up the middle but with extra attention need to control Strahan and his ability to be off sides you have to give up something. I know for all the Giants fans youll say " your just upset bc they beat the Boys" but in truth I am not. My main problem is when refs can decide a close game. Demarkus Ware has recieved 2 appoligies from the NFL and its officials for miscalling him. Wich is probably why Strahan was afforded this luxury.

5. Finally, Eli and the Giants, Just like the Steelers in XL, stole this game with the help of the men in black and white. If poor refed games in the big game dont stop someone will lose and do something stupid. I hope that at some point justice will be served and teams that get ref help in the future will lose something. I dont think it will ever happen unless they are taken out of the equation totally. With that said congrats to the Giants, you did have the bigger score at the end of the game but I hope it eats you up, in the end, to know that if there were no refs and everything was call to the letter you would not have even got past the 2nd round. Sorry but true. And with that I end my rant.

PS- If I ever find out that there are dirty refs in the NFL like they are in the NBA may God have mercy on them bc I will most certantly not!

Shora
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I hope that at some point justice will be served and teams that get ref help in the future will lose something. I dont think it will ever happen unless they are taken out of the equation totally. With that said congrats to the Giants, you did have the bigger score at the end of the game but I hope it eats you up, in the end, to know that if there were no refs and everything was call to the letter you would not have even got past the 2nd round.

Save the Drama Lama.

The Pats won their last three rings by a total of 9 points. I hate them too much to even go back and look but I am sure that they too got some lucky calls that helped them win games. Remember, the refs are only human and do make mistakes at times but it always goes both ways. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts.

In the end, don't pretend like there were never calls that helped the Pats win. Too bad you make no reference about it.

By the way, my wish came true.

Check out my post (#3) in this thread about a three weeks ago. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=571543#post57 1543

Raudermaster
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree with RaceLegend, however, people will call us whining *****es on how they "cheat" blah blah, save it for someone who cares, if you certainly believe they're the only team that cheat/ed, then you are a very narrow minded person. It's plain and simple really, they were all over Brady like white on rice. Manning had great coverage all game. It's not worth posting about this anymore though since everyone is one sided on the whole thing.

Raudermaster
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I can't believe I found this site:
http://i-hate-the-new-england-patriots.blogspot.com/2006/12/express-your-hate-in-t-shirt.html
Are you serious? Someone is THAT jealous of a team to go out and create a cry baby blog and make up t-shirts?

offroadkarter
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I can't believe I found this site:
http://i-hate-the-new-england-patriots.blogspot.com/2006/12/express-your-hate-in-t-shirt.html
Are you serious? Someone is THAT jealous of a team to go out and create a cry baby blog and make up t-shirts?

As a giants fan i find it kind of funny

18 wins and 1 giants loss :lol:

Raudermaster
02-05-2008, 10:43 PM
That's fine, I'll be happy with this shirt.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/5/6/2/9/6593_1.jpg

Blackmobile
02-06-2008, 04:11 AM

Hey, I didn't know Hotrauder was there. I thought I saw Dennis.

Vortex
02-06-2008, 09:44 AM
As a hardcore Cowboys fan I will be the first to offer congratulations to the G-Men on their well earned victory. Im so glad a blue collar team beat the wonder boys from Boston and their snot nosed bad loser coach. I think the Giants defense was incredible during the game (and because of that it looks like you are going to lose your defensive coordinator). Manning did play a good game and the bottom line is the victory was because the attitude shown by the Giants, not being overly worried about the Pats. Have to admit I liked what Strahan said about the Cowboys being a toughter game than the Super Bowl but that said, there is one winner and everybody else is a loser. Hopefully my Cowboys can get it together and learn a thing or two regarding attitude and maturity from the Giants this year as I think personnel-wise we are pretty close.

ParkRanger
02-06-2008, 09:57 AM
How about that missed call for offensive pass interference. At least 40 yards in field position is the result. Refs should not miss calls like that in the biggest game. Even the announcers caught the penalty and showed the replay. Refs should not have a factor in the outcome. Giants stole one. And, yes the Pats will dominate again next year for all you haters.

BS :bs:
Giant defense beat the snot out of them. Pats could not revise offense to deal with G defense. End of story, end of game.

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 10:02 AM
As a hardcore Cowboys fan I will be the first to offer congratulations to the G-Men on their well earned victory. Im so glad a blue collar team beat the wonder boys from Boston and their snot nosed bad loser coach. I think the Giants defense was incredible during the game (and because of that it looks like you are going to lose your defensive coordinator). Manning did play a good game and the bottom line is the victory was because the attitude shown by the Giants, not being overly worried about the Pats. Have to admit I liked what Strahan said about the Cowboys being a toughter game than the Super Bowl but that said, there is one winner and everybody else is a loser. Hopefully my Cowboys can get it together and learn a thing or two regarding attitude and maturity from the Giants this year as I think personnel-wise we are pretty close.

Snot nosed bas loser coach? I guess you don't know the Giants coach too well. If you want to get this technical, how come your big bad Cowboys couldn't put a stop to them? I thought TO and Romo the Homo were the best combo?!?! But yet, they lost to the Giants as well. All I know is, at least the Pats didn't cry after they got beat like the Cowboys did. :bigcry:

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh yea, the Cowboys also lost to the Pats, I forgot that. :poke:

dreydin
02-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Brady was crying at home, no worries =D

Bluerauder
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
LET IT GO

Superbowl XLII is in the history books .... NY Giants 17 -- NE Patriots 14

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Brady was crying at home, no worries =D

You wish. You know why the Cowboys cried? All that showboating they did, got them NO WHERE. Cuttin' a rug (or should I say astro-turf) on the field, and talkin' trash all season about the Pats and how bad Belechick is a coach, but yet, they lost to us? That's funny.

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
How about that missed call for offensive pass interference. At least 40 yards in field position is the result. Refs should not miss calls like that in the biggest game. Even the announcers caught the penalty and showed the replay. Refs should not have a factor in the outcome. Giants stole one.

Here you go, maybe this will make you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiGgoFMSr-A

And, yes the Pats will dominate again next year for all you haters.

Yeah, just like the Bears did in 2007, right?

SCCH

dreydin
02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
You wish. You know why the Cowboys cried? All that showboating they did, got them NO WHERE. Cuttin' a rug (or should I say astro-turf) on the field, and talkin' trash all season about the Pats and how bad Belechick is a coach, but yet, they lost to us? That's funny.
hey, all i gadda say to that is, at least they didnt choke at the big game. thats pathetic! aaahahaha! :lol:

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 10:33 AM
That's because they weren't in the big game since they lost!

dreydin
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
That's because they weren't in the big game since they lost!
hey, the Superbowl is the Superbowl and the Pats lost... they lost BIG! :P

Gordonfan24
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Snot nosed bas loser coach? I guess you don't know the Giants coach too well. If you want to get this technical, how come your big bad Cowboys couldn't put a stop to them? I thought TO and Romo the Homo were the best combo?!?! But yet, they lost to the Giants as well. All I know is, at least the Pats didn't cry after they got beat like the Cowboys did. :bigcry:Belichick has always been known as an ass. A good coach, but a jerk. Most coaches and players in the NFL are role models, and this guy is the complete opposite. No sportsmanship and no class.

And if you want to talk about no-call penalties on offsides or neutral zone infractions, the play where Eli threw to Steve Smith and Smith ended up batting it into Ellis Hobb's hands at the 10 yard line - there was at least one Patriot that had their hands dead even with the football (another one was close, but hard to tell).
Or how about #15 (don't know the name) roughing up Domenik Hixon after a Patriots punt? #15 smacked Hixon's facemask twice. No penalty there.

And those were just from the second quarter. I don't have time to go back and watch more right now.

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Belichick has always been known as an ass. A good coach, but a jerk. Most coaches and players in the NFL are role models, and this guy is the complete opposite. No sportsmanship and no class.

Dude get a *****ing clue. You obviously didn't watch the game, because if you were to watch it, did you see Belichick yelling, screaming, and acting like an ass? No, but what I saw was poor facial expressions, a bad temper, and getting in the ref's faces all from Coughlin.

Gordonfan24
02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm not talking about yelling and screaming. That's part of what a coach does. I'm referring to his refusal to shake Eric Mangini's hand after a game, walking off the field early at the SB, benching a lineman for the start of a game because he was late for practice returning from his grandfather's funeral, and **** like that. But you're right. He's not a jerk.

Raudermaster
02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
You're a douche, seriously. I recall him HUGGING Mangina the last time they played him and told him good work and effort. And you're right, a coach does yell and scream, and it doesn't matter what you're doing, late from a funeral or whatever, you're supposed to be at practice, you have a prior commitment to the team.

rayjay
02-07-2008, 02:20 AM
You're a douche, seriously. I recall him HUGGING Mangina the last time they played him and told him good work and effort. And you're right, a coach does yell and scream, and it doesn't matter what you're doing, late from a funeral or whatever, you're supposed to be at practice, you have a prior commitment to the team.

I guess its good thing you were not a Bills fan during the time they went 0-4 in the Superbowl. You would have gone homicidal. Let it go, its over and your team will be back.

Raudermaster
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
I know rayjay, I'm just pissed at all these blind people on here. It's tough going all season losing to the best hated team in the league. And spare me, they cheated at every game right and they lost the only game that counted blah *****ing blah.

hot-rauder
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I know rayjay, I'm just pissed at all these blind people on here. It's tough going all season losing to the best hated team in the league. And spare me, they cheated at every game right and they lost the only game that counted blah *****ing blah.

goos fraba Jaord....

let the ignorant be ignorant.

larryo340
02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Check this cool video based on the superbowl, this guy had way too much free time.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/179691/

SC Cheesehead
02-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Check this cool video based on the superbowl, this guy had way too much free time.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/179691/
Yup, waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands!

SCCH