PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin

03SILVERSTREAK
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Can someone tell me if this vehicle is being built???

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/detail/index.asp?id=1649 :confused:

Breadfan
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I saw this at the DC Autoshow. I believe it is going into production, and if the article you linked is correct should be available now:

Adrenalin Arrival - The Sport Trac Adrenalin will be revealed at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) Show to be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, October 30 to November 2, 2007. It'll be available in Ford dealer showrooms beginning January, 2008.

So I assume the answer is "Yes."

I do not know for sure if it comes with the V8 but I don't see why since doesn't the Explorer come with a V8?

And it also looks like a yes because this is the watered down version they are rolling into production. There was a prototype model that had a S/C'ed V8 and closer to 400hp I believe. It was 'nixed and then came back as this model which is appearance and handling stuff but not so much go-fast goodies.

Reminds me of the late 70's.

Cordoba1
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
It's not yet listed on the "Sport Trac" portion of Ford's website, but it does come up if you use their search function on the webpage. If you have a favorite dealer, give them a call as the webpage may not be up-to-date.

Shora
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Wooptie do. Wake me up if they every get some power.

"Sport Trac Adrenalin offers two power paths: a standard 4.0L V6 with 5-speed automatic rated at 210 horsepower @ 5,100 rpm and 254 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,700 rpm; or an optional 4.6L 3-valve V8 with 6-speed automatic rated at 292 horsepower @ 5,750 rpm and 300 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,950 rpm."

OneBADLsE
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
We arent ever ordering one.

MarauderTJA
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I read that it was cancelled.....too bad...:rolleyes:

Breadfan
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I read that it was cancelled.....too bad...:rolleyes:

I heard the performance one was...but the "Adrenaline" lived on as an appearance package.

MarauderTJA
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I heard the performance one was...but the "Adrenaline" lived on as an appearance package.

I wanted one when it was announced. Had an 03-04 Cobra motor in it with AWD. Got cancelled when SVT was discontinued, bummer....

TiTo35
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I didnt see not 1 at the Ford dealer just recently...

SILVERSURFER03
02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
it was in dc looked just like that one i would say you could get one if you have it built

Aren Jay
02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
It was talked about since 2005 when the Lightning disappeard.

It would be nice to have something to look forward too.

If priced right i might pick one up.

It looks like it should be showing up.

The 4.6L 3V V8 is an engine option on all the 2008's, as is the 6 speed transmission.

The Adrenilin appears to me nothing more than a appearance package. 20" wheels and fancy fenders etc...

hmmm....

Raudermaster
02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Yup, exactly what Tom said. It was supposed to be the SUV to have when it was released. But, like you said, when SVT was axed, so were all future plans. What really made me mad though, on how the GT500 is still "designated" and has trademarks from SVT, I still think they should have produced their last lineup of cars than do nothing.

rayjay
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Whats wrong with you guys Ford knows the only performance vehicle they need to make is the Mustang, take it or leave it...

Taemian
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Not being built, as was said above. I was waiting for this, but it's not to be.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Well here is a an interesting statement from a sales rep . the website that I linked up says that the 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin is not going to be sold here in the U.S.A. because it does not qualify to emmisions standard .:eek: I almost bugged out at that statement , when the 2008 Sport Trac XLT or AWD Version , has the same exhaust system as well use the same 4.6 3-valve V8 . he continued to state that it is to be available wordwide but not in the U S A . is this a bunch of crock or what . :mad: :bs:

03SILVERSTREAK
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Ford comes out with the new Sport Trac Adrenalin for the custom vehicle enthusiast.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/articles/news/FSPA_Image01.jpgFord Sport Trac goes from the tough and dirty adventure vehicle you're familiar with to a mean and clean street machine with the new Sport Trac Adrenalin, an aggressively styled all-new street tuner.
There are people who love their vehicles. And there are people who really love their vehicles and want to show them off with “customized” flair. For them, the usual stock production model just doesn't cut it. These are Sport Trac Adrenalin drivers.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/articles/news/FSPA_Image02.jpgWhether parked or out on the road, no matter where it is, Sport Trac Adrenalin is going to turn a lot of heads. It's a truck you don't need to drive to enjoy -- it's that great looking. And adding some real sweet icing to the cake, the Adrenalin is factory-built to Ford's high-quality design and production standards.
Adrenalin Tour - Adrenalin's customization goes all around. Fittingly, the tour begins up front with the unique black crosshatch-style grille flanked by blackout headlamps, unique ground effects-style fascia with air dam and circular fog lamps.
Moving along to the sides, Adrenalin presents more unique features: fenders with vents seamlessly integrated with the front fascia; and built-in running boards (not add-on step bars) that visually connect with the front and rear fascias.
At the rear, designers departed from Sport Trac's side-exit exhaust pipe in favor of one that comes out the back of the unique fascia with dual-rolled chrome tips.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/articles/news/FSPA_Image03.jpgAnd those fabulous wheels! It's the 20” polished aluminum wheels on low-profile tires that bring it all together into one giant rush of styling adrenalin.
Sport Trac Adrenalin is distinguished not only by what it has, but also by what it doesn't. The absence of wheellip moldings and roof rack -- Ford designers made these omissions deliberately to accentuate Adrenalin's low, sleek look.
Available colors: Choose Black, White Suede, Silver Birch or Colorado Red. You might find the Colorado Red especially appealing. A uniquely deep red paint without metallic flaking, it's a really rich genuine “custom” color.
Stepping inside, you'll see a Charcoal Black interior with leather-trimmed seats, Medium Light Stone headliner, circle check film appliqué, and Adrenalin-branded floor mats.
Powerteams and Powertrains - Sport Trac Adrenalin offers two power paths: a standard 4.0L V6 with 5-speed automatic rated at 210 horsepower @ 5,100 rpm and 254 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,700 rpm; or an optional 4.6L 3-valve V8 with 6-speed automatic rated at 292 horsepower @ 5,750 rpm and 300 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,950 rpm.
Powertrain choices are standard 4x2 (rear-wheel drive) or optional full-time, fully automatic All-Wheel Drive (AWD) that instantly delivers traction to the wheels needing it most. AWD is an Adrenalin exclusive feature in the Sport Trac lineup.
The Adrenalin shares with its Sport Trac siblings all other features including standard 4-wheel anti-lock brakes and AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™).
Adrenalin Arrival - The Sport Trac Adrenalin will be revealed at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) Show to be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, October 30 to November 2, 2007. It'll be available in Ford dealer showrooms beginning January, 2008.
Is the Sport Trac Adrenalin the truck you'd really like to be seen driving around in? Your local Ford Dealer has all the details on how to get one.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
For the non-Believers , I ordered the 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin . it will be delivered in 2-months direct from the factory... :banana:

Blackened300a
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
For the non-Believers , I ordered the 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin . it will be delivered in 2-months direct from the factory... :banana:

Congrats Adrian! Hope everything works out for you.

Taemian
02-17-2008, 08:40 AM

Which engine did you get? The Adrenaline package has been around for awhile now, but it's just an appearance package. You're saying there IS a higher output engine, the one listed at 292hp, available?

My wife is gonna kill me...I bought the Marauder after SVT died and killed their SportTrac package...

Well, maybe it's time to replace her Sentra....:)

03SILVERSTREAK
02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
From what I have researched , it has the same engine as the mustang GT except the exhaust is more restrictive hence the 292 HP. my first project is to relieve the exhaust system and make it more freeflowing like the DR exhaust system or like the kook system so as to bring it up to 302 HP, then work on making a Ram Air System like I did for the MM . Id like to put this question for those that might know ? 1). do they make Headders for the Sport Trac with a V8 and 2). what type of diffrential is used so I can get 4.10 gears and replace the 3.55 gears ???

Krytin
02-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Don't know about headers but if you got the AWD you need to replace front and rear gear sets. I believe they are 8.8" front and rear.
Good luck on the purchase Adrian!

RoyLPita
02-19-2008, 09:35 AM
You'll also need a locker. The Sport Trac (and the Explorer) have open differntials.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Are you saying that the 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin with All Wheel Drive does not have limitted slip differentials?????

RoyLPita
02-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Are you saying that the 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin with All Wheel Drive does not have limitted slip differentials?????

Since the RSC thing came out, the LSD is not available in the rear. I doubt that Ford ever put on in the front.

I hope this info does not cancel your order.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Well if not on the front then how about the rear ?

BTW- what is the RSC thing?

Krytin
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
You wouldn't want the trac-lok in the front anyway. It should be an easy fir in the rear.
Yeah, what is the RSC thing?

Egon Spengler
02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I was actually looking for sportracs when I found my marauder!!! i WAS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER TRUCK... OH WELL!!

arejayesss
02-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Well if not on the front then how about the rear ?

BTW- what is the RSC thing?

You wouldn't want the trac-lok in the front anyway. It should be an easy fir in the rear.
Yeah, what is the RSC thing?

Roll Stability Control
http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=18 179

Krytin
02-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Roll Stability Control

There you go, Thanks!

03SILVERSTREAK
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Roll Stability Control

What are my chances that I contact the dealer and ask that they change at the factory the 3.55 gears and replace them with 4.10 gears since they are in the process of assembling the vehicle???

Blackened300a
02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
What are my chances that I contact the dealer and ask that they change at the factory the 3.55 gears and replace them with 4.10 gears since they are in the process of assembling the vehicle???

Zero! That would mean 2 sets of gears along with a computer flash to calibrate the speedo and tranny.
Ford go out of their way to pull this off????? I highly doubt it.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Zero! That would mean 2 sets of gears along with a computer flash to calibrate the speedo and tranny.
Ford go out of their way to pull this off????? I highly doubt it.

Well then how,s about plan "B" . instead of 4.10s hows about 3.73s . all they have to do is mount 3.73 diffrentials since they already have them ready for those wanting V6 4X4 vehicles .

rayjay
02-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Well then how,s about plan "B" . instead of 4.10s hows about 3.73s . all they have to do is mount 3.73 diffrentials since they already have them ready for those wanting V6 4X4 vehicles .

I think the old days of ordering EXACTLY what you want are long over, but hey its worth a shot. You can't be told no unless you ask.

03SILVERSTREAK
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Picked it up 2-days ago . Looks like a monster ...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/0/9/2008SportTrac1.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/0/9/2008SportTrac4.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/0/9/2008SportTrac.JPG

Taemian
03-27-2008, 11:39 AM
That's a great looking truck! The "Arrest-Me" red was a bold choice :), and the mods you can do to this engine....wow. There's so much for the 3V Mustang out there. Seriously, had I know that the SVT version of this was still alive, I wouldn't have bought my MM. Seems like throwing a blower on would pretty much be the same as the SVT version concept truck.

Well, only a few weeks til my Trilogy get installed, so I'll just have to drive my MM instead for now.;) I have no idea how to pry my wife's hands off her Sentra keys to trade it in for a new Sport Trac like yours. Maybe I'll leave some crash test ratings around...it's all about safety for you and the baby, honey!

jgc61sr2002
03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Adrian - Congrats and Good Luck with the new truck.:D

Did you trade the Marauder?

03SILVERSTREAK
05-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Adrian - Congrats and Good Luck with the new truck.:D

Did you trade the Marauder?

Sorry I did not answer in a timely manner . It sucumbed on an Icy road on Jan , 21 of this year and was too expensive to repair...