PDA

View Full Version : Black Is Beautiful!

SeaKingDriver
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Some cool competitors in the 'Black is Beautiful' arena... (http://ilovesubstance.com/2008/catching-up-on-the-flat-black-hotness/)

(the highest form of flattery is imitation...)

de minimus
02-08-2008, 11:08 PM
what's with the flat black? I guess you save on wax and polish, but frankly I hope this trend doesn't catch on.
Pretty skookum cars though.

Taemian
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Mad Max's Interceptor had this look down pat many many years ago.:D

That Falcon still makes me squeal like a little girl when I see it with the "rough-around-the-edges" matte black finish.:bows:

I think the current military theme that has gone into mainstream fashion has something to do with it. Everyone wears camo these days, even on designer clothing labels, and most gun manufacturers are offering matte colours (desert tan, coyote grey, olive drab) on everyday sidearms that will never clear leather more than once a year....

Also, Audi has done the polished aluminum finish so well in the past, so the pendulum was due to swing back the other way.

xopher
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I could pretty easily be swayed into flat black on my MM. I bought her for what was under the hood and bolted to the chassis, not how she looked parked at the dealership. I also think the wheels are a bit showy, and attract a touch too much attention to the sleeper. I've never been much for what my vehicle looks like; I prefer to be confident in how it will perform under pressure. But, I'm a bit of a hypocrite here too: I love how the tailpipes look and sound. Anyone else considered trading in their clar bay and microfiber for a low-maintenence look?

Hacklemerc
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I have a 1972 Ford Maverick that I've been playing with for years and when I finally get her done she's getting the flat black spray and thats it. Not sure if i would trade the gloss black on the MM for a flat black tho...