PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Mercury this weekend.

Breadfan
02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Well, I helped buy one I should say.

My grandfather wanted to replace his '02 Subaru wagon with something bigger and easier to get in and out of that still retained full time AWD for bad weather.

I found plenty of cars that were on our list but my picking was good, #1 on my list turned out to be the one selected. Was 90% sure this car was a good deal and a nice truck but it took going to see it to verify it wasn't a wreck.

Picked up a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD. Has 66k and was $10,500.

I did get pics, took a camera over there on Sunday only to find it's battery was dead - oops!

It looks like this one though, just in better shape: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-%7cM-_32_%7cB-12000%7cD-_299_%7cN-N%7cR-75%7cI-1%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cZ-22309&aff=national&paId=135006861&recnum=13&leadExists=true

I picked it up and drove it back to their place it drove very nicely and got 20mpg on the highway, not bad for a V8 suv.

I rescued this from a Toyota dealer who didn't know how to sell it. :)

Raudermaster
02-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Very nice choice. What happened to the Escape/Mariner?

Breadfan
02-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Very nice choice. What happened to the Escape/Mariner?

I didn't quite know how big/small of a vehicle he wanted. I had both Escape and Mariner choices on my list, and we reviewed them Saturday morning. He liked them, but when he saw the Mountaineer I could see him light up and could just tell he was liking it, and that bumped it to the top of the list. :)

SILVERSURFER03
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
sound like a good choice ......good job mike i hope he enjoys it

JVJ
02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
You both did right!!!

ctrlraven
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Nice find and like the color combo.

Yeah I can see why you had to help them.

Seller's Notes: 2000 BMW 528IT STATION WAGON, BLACK ON BLACK..FULLY LOADED,AIR CONDITIONING,ALLOY WHEELS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKES,CRUISE CONTROL,DRIVER AIR BAG,LEATHER SEATS,PASSENGER AIR BAG,POWER DOOR LOCKS,POWER MIRRORS,POWER SEATS,POWER STEERING,POWER WINDOWS,REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER,SIDE AIR BAG AND TILT WHEEL AND MUCH MORE.. CALL NOW TO GET YOUR FREE CARFAX REPORT.

Since when did a Ford vehicle become a BMW? lol

Breadfan
02-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice find and like the color combo.

Yeah I can see why you had to help them.

Since when did a Ford vehicle become a BMW? lol

LoL I hadn't noticed that on that ad. That's a different place from where we bought the 2003, but they're gonna have a tough time selling a Merc with an ad like that!

Luckily the ad for the one we bought was a bit more accurate and even called the drivetrain AWD.