PDA

View Full Version : I am In need of Guidance and help...

1of327
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I appeal to the Marauder community, specifically those in D.C. and Maryland.
I am in need of a new line of work as this Mortgage Racket that I am in is the pits.
I have 16 Years of Hospitality experience...I also have a Pharmaceutical Background/ cleanrooms, and autoclave's...etc.
My Ideal job would be working for the federal government, in what ever. I am a white collar guy. not so much the sales person that I thought.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike Poore
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Take a look at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD. There's both Federal and contractor positions, and although I've not checked, there must be a website listing opportunities. Usually they accept an E resume, these days. Apply for EVERYTHING in sight, Those are great jobs and a wonderful working environment, with public transportation via subway, right to the door. :D

Haggis
02-13-2008, 06:50 AM
have you tried the FDA, there is one near College park and also one up around you in the Balt. area. Check with Govt. Contractors as the Govt. is doing away with jobs in this field. Try Charles River Labs, SAIC and the Henry Jackson Foundation to name a few.

merc
02-13-2008, 06:54 AM
http://www.usajobs.gov/

Aren Jay
02-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Move to Calgary Alberta Canada. Get a job at your pick of Hotel etc... the very next day. Good wages, shop around for the best job, live life happy and proud, to be in Alberta.

Downside trying to find somewhere to live. There are places available but they are not cheap. Cars and Gas costs more up here, which is ironic. Big roads and enough cold and snow to kill all the bugs every winter. Except those that hibernate.

Jobs jobs jobs a plenty, up here in Calgary. Free health care too. Sort of free, in four or less years it will be free.

vkirkend
02-13-2008, 01:42 PM
usajobs.gov

1of327
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
thank you all for the suggestions and guidance... except the canada one...I can't handle the cold.