PDA

View Full Version : New furnace for the Townhouse soon.

Aren Jay
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I've been thinking about it and think I will get a Natural Gas generator built in, when I upgrade to a new furnace. They switch on when the electricity goes out and off when it comes back on. Within 30 seconds or so. I realized how much I rely upon the electrical company when the power went out for 2 hours. Nothing to do for two hours but read a book or the paper. I got bored with the paper sat down turned on the Projector DVD and Receiver and nothing happened. So I went to make a sandwich and the fridge was off, and dark. The microwave didn't work, neither did the toaster. Stove is electric so no tea. thought about going to a resturant but the garage door is electric. So is the wireless phone. The alarm worked but then it has a battery backup for a little while. With natural gas coming in for the furnace etc... it should be easy, if it needs to be outside I have a barbaque gas port, right on my deck.

Generators weigh about 250 to 300 pounds so it is unlikely someone will walk off with it.

Cost $1500.00 But then no power for 3 days and pipes burst up north here when it gets cold.