PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider starts tonight at 8c on NBC

Black_Noise
02-17-2008, 06:08 PM
The mustang won the bid for this gig.

I thought i will watch the premire and see how it lives up.

Motorhead350
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
If they wanted to bring back the show the right way they should have used a Trans Am, but NOOOOOOO everything has to be new for product placement. Why is it with the Dukes of Hazard they used an old Charger and stuck to the car and now this show not only has a new car, but it's not even the same make or model? I'd stay away. All tv does is provide commercials. Like an old car, old movie or old song... the remakes suck 90% of the time. I bet you won't even see any real stunts.

Let us know how it is was though.

MACFORD88
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Im Going To See It Too.

MACFORD88
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Let It Go Motorhead

Big House
02-17-2008, 07:16 PM
The Mustang is BEAUTIFUL.

Blackmobile
02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
If it is shot at it repairs itself, I need that feature!

Black_Noise
02-17-2008, 08:40 PM
i like the new show.... pretty good

my_rodder
02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
So far so good:) I hope one of us wins the car, and by one I mean me:P

Black_Noise
02-17-2008, 08:55 PM
i got 4 out of 4 right.... ITS MINE

Black_Noise
02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
it would have been awsome if hasslehoff would have drove off from the cemetary in the old kitt

Blackmobile
02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't care to win it, so you can have it.

I intend to build it, or at least my version.

Black_Noise
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
i did think they good a good job with that new KR mustang.

that would be awsome if we knew the lucky one that wins.

I thought it was a good show, better than i thought it would be

Blackened300a
02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Eh, I was hoping the Hoff would have been a bit more involved. I loved the car, I wonder how those rims and hood would look on a Marauder?
I hope the series is better then this B-movie.

Im with Dom, They should have stayed true to the series and kept the T/A. This was a 2 hour commercial for Ford.

Blackmobile
02-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Eh, I was hoping the Hoff would have been a bit more involved. I loved the car, I wonder how those rims and hood would look on a Marauder?

Im with Dom, They should have stayed true to the series and kept the T/A. This was a 2 hour commercial for Ford.

They DID have a chevy commercial in there.

But it would have been nice for the Hoff to get back into the orginal KITT, but I'm not sure if it is still in one piece because of it's last movie. Can anyone elaborate because I remember it being red and funky lookin in the movie after the seies ended.

Blackened300a
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Ah yes the crappy Knight 2000 movie with that crazy red concept T/A.

YouTube - Knight Rider 2000 trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ&feature=related)

Blackmobile
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Ah yes the crappy Knight 2000 movie with that crazy red concept T/A.

YouTube - Knight Rider 2000 trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ&feature=related)

OK, so it was good it wasn't in this movie.

Motorhead350
02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
So wait is this a show now or a made for tv movie? Thanks for your support Paul. :)

Eric91Z
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I thought it was OK. The car was definitely the best part. And they did a pretty good job getting the car's sound effects right (exhaust and SC whine).

Some attractive females including the apparently gay or bi FBI agent. I think with a little fine tuning and time it would make a decent series.

And I could care less if they used the TA again or not. Times change and this is generation 2 for Knight Industries. Of course they are going to use what is available.

Blackmobile
02-17-2008, 10:27 PM
When KITT inquired if Michael was a homosexual, I almost lost it.

Motorhead350
02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
When KITT inquired if Michael was a homosexual, I almost lost it.

So what if he was? Then he wouldn't have to deal with women. :D

Da Dark Jedi
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
So what if he was? Then he wouldn't have to deal with women. :D

That's one of the best part of life! The car must be WEAK, since it can't out run a SUV, on a mountan road doing close to 100mph. Hey Motorhead I bet you'll outrun a SUV, RIGHT?

Aren Jay
02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
The big problem is everything is a re make. There are no new ideas out there. In Hollywood.

New Ideas do not make money, old preven ideas are where the money is. And for us we have to watch the same thing only not as good over and over again.

What next Gilligans Island?

Blackened300a
02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
So wait is this a show now or a made for tv movie? Thanks for your support Paul. :)

This was the pilot, now the show begins with Val Kilmer as the voice of K.I.T.T. Hopefully the Hoff and the T/A show up in one of these future episodes.
I also hope the acting improves because it was getting painful to watch especially that awful FBI woman.

Anyone notice that K.I.T.T had a headlight blasted out of it but it magically reappeared? Maybe that was a ode to the TV show because body parts seem to magically appear back then as well.

teamrope
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I thought it was OK. The car was definitely the best part. And they did a pretty good job getting the car's sound effects right (exhaust and SC whine).

Some attractive females including the apparently gay or bi FBI agent. I think with a little fine tuning and time it would make a decent series.

And I could care less if they used the TA again or not. Times change and this is generation 2 for Knight Industries. Of course they are going to use what is available.

Like the 2008 Pontiac Trans Am. :)

Eric91Z
02-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Like the 2008 Pontiac Trans Am. :)

That would be great, if there was a 2008 Trans Am. But since the Camaro doesn't come out until a 2010 model and there is no Trans Am slated, that isn't a possibility... Unfortunately.

teamrope
02-18-2008, 12:10 AM
That would be great, if there was a 2008 Trans Am. But since the Camaro doesn't come out until a 2010 model and there is no Trans Am slated, that isn't a possibility... Unfortunately.

I guess that leaves the totally kick a$$ Shelby Mustang then. :)

MACFORD88
02-18-2008, 12:10 AM
when will it air again?

Motorhead350
02-18-2008, 03:01 AM
That's one of the best part of life! The car must be WEAK, since it can't out run a SUV, on a mountan road doing close to 100mph. Hey Motorhead I bet you'll outrun a SUV, RIGHT?

I don't know what you are talking about since I didn't watch it, heck my television has been off and in storage since aug 2006. I can however outrun an SUV when it's parked.

Motorhead350
02-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Also Paul go rent The Driver because it beats the crap outta any new attempt at a car story/show. Knowing you I'm sure you already own it.

SID210SA
02-18-2008, 06:48 AM
In case ya'll missed it you can watch it here....

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/episodes.shtml

baltimoremm
02-18-2008, 06:57 AM
i did not like this show.
dont get me wrong, the car looked badass, but the rest of the show was lacking.

arejayesss
02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
I liked the end of the opening scene after KITT had escaped the garage, and was traveling at about 150mph with no lights on. Came up on a trucker who saw the little red 'talking' light on the hood. Before he could say 'what the..' KITT had blown by him and was out of sight.... Begin old theme music:D

Blackened300a
02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
I liked the end of the opening scene after KITT had escaped the garage, and was traveling at about 150mph with no lights on. Came up on a trucker who saw the little red 'talking' light on the hood. Before he could say 'what the..' KITT had blown by him and was out of sight.... Begin old theme music:D

Best part of the show, almost made me feel like when the music would start for a "Rocky" getting in shape montage.

Sorry Dom, Im not out of touch but that movie isnt in my collection. Ill take your word and check it out.:beer:

SID210SA
02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
And by the way.....the old KITT....the T/A was in this movie...It was in the Garage at the mansion at the begining of the movie

OneBADLsE
02-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Lovin that S/C whine

1of327
02-18-2008, 08:22 AM

I thought the car was great, but The movie itself sucked...very B- rated. And Yeah, my god was that a FORD COMMERCIAL...Gouing up the hill in the beginning, I saw a focus, fusion Land rover, Volvo, and a Ford dump. WTF

ctrlraven
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought it was ok, best part was just hearing the s/c whine lol.

Granted nothing will ever replace the original T/A but they can't put a car who is pretty much the star of the show out as a production model of a car that is no longer built.

Dr Caleb
02-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Did anyone else notice - as KI3T is escaping the garage, that there are bits of a 1984 T/A all around the garage? Wheels, mirror, seat. ;)

Edit:
And I use KI(Three)T because there were also bits that said 'Knight Industries Two Thousand' on them.

Blackmobile
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I did notice the LT 1 intake at about that time.

SID210SA
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
And by the way.....the old KITT....the T/A was in this movie...It was in the Garage at the mansion at the begining of the movie

Did anyone else notice - as KI3T is escaping the garage, that there are bits of a 1984 T/A all around the garage? Wheels, mirror, seat. ;)

Edit:
And I use KI(Three)T because there were also bits that said 'Knight Industries Two Thousand' on them.

Thats why I said that the T/A was there....guess no one saw my post:(

Blackmobile
02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Thats why I said that the T/A was there....guess no one saw my post:(

Hey, I just saw the LT1 intake, which doesn't constitute a car. If that is the case, I have a lot of cars in my condo.:D

I have to say this though:
I dought this show will make it because it is aimed at adults and not children. I mean the first seen you see Michael Knight he's in bed a girl, and while his buddy is trying to talk to him another girl walks in and jumps into bed with the 2. Not for children, but boy have I been daydreaming about that today. I'll not get into the female FBI agent taking a shower at the beach and then going into her house and having a blonde in her bed:drool:.

Then there is Michael Knight's mom. She wasn't too shabby either for her apparent age.( One of the first signs of age is when you can look at someone's mom and say "Not Bad").

mikeymarauder33
02-18-2008, 01:51 PM
The show was OK but the car was fine. Wished they used the turbo boost for old times sake. :)

Blackened300a
02-18-2008, 02:04 PM

That was off a LT-1? That looked like it said tuned port injection like the ones off of the 80's IROC-Z's and Vette's

Eric91Z
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
That was off a LT-1? That looked like it said tuned port injection like the ones off of the 80's IROC-Z's and Vette's

The original KITT would have been lucky to have TPI given the year of the show/car. Definitely not an LT1 car.

offroadkarter
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM

Yes it did say that

The whole car was there, it was under a tarp. Hopefully later in the series it comes back as a full working car.

They need to make a second KARR also, that'd be awesome :D

Blackened300a
02-18-2008, 06:21 PM
They need to make a second KARR also, that'd be awesome :D

Hell Yeah, and a turbo boost would have helped.

YouTube - Knight Rider episode "Kitt vs Karr" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=azwpd_Yjjmk)

The voice of the first K.A.R.R. was Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus prime.

Blackened300a
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Heres the intro already...
YouTube - Knight Rider 2008 Intro (http://youtube.com/watch?v=KdYlA_YEyEo)

Dr Caleb
02-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes it did say that

The whole car was there, it was under a tarp. Hopefully later in the series it comes back as a full working car.

Indeed. Going back over that scene, you can see the body shape under the tarp with just a hint of the drivers front signal light. There are also a few other bits. The 'Knight Two Thousand' was written on the steering wheel, and parts of the old dashboard are on the table.

Definitely a more adult show.

Raudermaster
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Why is it with the Dukes of Hazard they used an old Charger and stuck to the car and now this show not only has a new car.

Because they knew if they used a new Charger no one would have gone to see the movie.

Motorhead350
02-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Because they knew if they used a new Charger no one would have gone to see the movie.

They used a new car for this and you guys all watched.

QWK SVT
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Yes, the original KITT, along with various parts (including the TPI engine) were strewn throughout the garage in the mansion...

Overall, I thought it was a pretty decent show, with far too many commecial breaks... 1 hr of the movie + 1 hr of commercials. And the cheesy ford Focus commercials with KITT stalking Michael... Ugh... By the second one I was cringing every time a commercial break come along, for fear another lame ford commercial was coming. The ones with the people forming the shapes of the cars was pretty cool, though. Product placement was rampant, and made it harder to watch what should have been a more enjoyable "popcorn flick" type of show.

Like many others, I was dissappointed when I first hear KITT would be a Mustang, but it seemed to fit in the show. Better than some DCX product, IMO. The Hoff's return was foolish, and the "oh, BTW, you have to pay $90K to save the buddy" storyline wasn't well thoughout, or concluded.

Overall, it was enough to make me watch the show (if and when), but I won't be crying the blues if the show never materialized...

QWK SVT
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Almost forgot, how could THIS thread NOT contain a link to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Blackened300a
02-19-2008, 02:45 PM
"oh, BTW, you have to pay $90K to save the buddy" storyline wasn't well thoughout, or concluded...

The girl wired the money and the debt was paid. She said it when she was in the drivers seat. Real corny way to tie up a useless storyline.

RaceLegend79
02-19-2008, 07:28 PM
The big problem is everything is a re make. There are no new ideas out there. In Hollywood.

New Ideas do not make money, old preven ideas are where the money is. And for us we have to watch the same thing only not as good over and over again.

What next Gilligans Island?

Theyve already redone Gilligans Island, its called "Lost"
They just twisted the plot but it is still the same, all the main characters are always stuck but yet somehow there are new people coming and going yet the main characters are still "Lost"!

Raudermaster
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
They used a new car for this and you guys all watched.

Yea but at least the Mustang looks good.

Motorhead350
02-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Yea but at least the Mustang looks good.

Yea I think were not the only ones thinking that way. ;)

airborne_mp84
02-20-2008, 06:06 PM
The mustang won the bid for this gig.

I thought i will watch the premire and see how it lives up.whats funny is that is during some of the stunts they use a mustang gt...(for the hard stunts)...makes sense though

freakstatus
02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
How did Tom Brady get the lead part?? And KITT is Data from Star Trek TNG in car form..

DEFYANT
02-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Theyve already redone Gilligans Island, its called "Lost"
They just twisted the plot but it is still the same, all the main characters are always stuck but yet somehow there are new people coming and going yet the main characters are still "Lost"!

Now this was frikin funny! My girlfriend is a "Lost" fan. Love the show! I can't wait to tell her this one! :lol:

my_rodder
02-23-2008, 07:38 PM
On again right now! Sat. night 2-23-08

TiTo35
02-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I just watched an episode of the show tonight...I didnt like it...No explanations needed...just didnt like it...LOL

larryo340
02-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Almost forgot, how could THIS thread NOT contain a link to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU)ffice:offi ce" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><O:P></O:P>
This might be more fitting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3-O17f4tg&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3-O17f4tg&feature=related</p"] ("http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/[/IMG)

Vortex
02-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Another in the long, long list of crappy car themed tv shows and movies.

Blackened300a
02-24-2008, 09:37 AM
This might be more fitting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3-O17f4tg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3-O17f4tg&feature=related)

Wow that gave me chills of the douche variety. I really had a hard time watching that.

Motorhead350
02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I couldn't finish that. Man I hate television.

Aren Jay
02-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't watch tv much anymore. Maybe some old British Comedy's but not anything new.

DVD's I hav over 800 and I can watch every show I want or movie when I feel like it. I just finished watching every X-files and Lone Gunmen show, except for the one with the Indian midget who lives in peoples butts. I still remember that one from when it was on TV. Icky. Didn't feel like watching that episode at the time so I skipped it.

It makes a lot more sense when you can watch them all one after the other, and when it says to be continued, you just watch the next one.

Also recently, before the X-files et all, I watched every episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer and Angel. Although the Buffy Movie is hard to watch after you have seen the TV show.

I have started watching select episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, I did watch in sequence all of those a year and a bit ago. And I did watch seasons 1-4 of the Rockford Files and then season 5 when it came out later. Season six should be out next month; then I will switch over and start on Magnum PI. Stargate The Movie followed by seasons 1 through 10 was an experience. You sure get to know so much more about the shows when you see the whole works all within 3 or 4 month. Not having to wait 10+ years.

No Commercials, although there are break points in some but they only last 3 seconds or so.

Dark Angel seasons one and two followed by the two after books make a great way to spend a month. The prequel I havn't read yet, but when I do I will follow through the whole series and the other two books again.

Who needs TV, no I didn't see House and the patient who was offended that he was rude to him and then they tried everything and he finally fixed the guy after breaking all the rules right at the end, it was a something obvious solution of some type. Isn't great? Once twice or three times, maybe, but come on.

Don't need TV except maybe for shows like Top gear or F1 Races. Everything else who cares. If I do I buy it, if I don't I don't miss it.

Next will be
Magnum PI (My Dad really did look like Higgans at the time)
Nakita (Alias it's remake is good but 24 also it's remake is not)
The rest of the Star Trek series when thier prices drop.

Plus all the movies I have make TV just a good time, only without the TV.