PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding Date Is...

woaface
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
March 1st.

I've been pretty busy with planning and work so it slipped my mind quite a few times to mention to you all that Kristina Nicole Manrriquez and I will be exchanging vows soon. We've been planning this for quite some time now but let me tell you a little about her.

We met junior year while working together at the American Red Cross organizing and operating their youth program which helped engage young people in our community. We always had a very strong attraction to one another but didn't start dating immediately. We became the best of friends and worked side by side on projects there for well over a year. Throughout the remainder of high school, basic training, and Iraq, she has been a very important part of my life and we've both seen it through thick and thin.

Her mother passed away when she was younger and she has been there fore me when no one else close by was during some very low points in my life. She is an incredibly strong and supportive woman. She knows how to roll up her sleeves when the going gets tough and never asks for too much aside from steady affection and something stable (however minimal that stability might be.)

It's going to be a small wedding and we've sent out as many invitations as people we afford to have and then some. I would invite everyone here if I could. I know you guys have been there for me and while I've definitely gone my way the last two years you all have been a true family to me. I haven't forgotten what everyone helped me through here and how many of you went out of your way to show your support. I love you all very much and I hope I can bring what now is my family to see you guys very soon!

-James

SC Cheesehead
02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
James,

Congratulations! Best wishes and God Bless to both of you.

SCCH

Richy04
02-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Dude, you're outta your mind...

teamrope
02-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Congrats James! She sounds like a keeper. :)

RCSignals
02-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Congratulations James

All the Best to you both

Bluerauder
02-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Does this mean no more E-L-A-I-N-E .... ???? :jk:

Congratulations to you and Kristina !! :2thumbs: And best wishes for a bright and happy future.

Marauderman
02-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Congrats James--My how fast you have grown up!!--just the other day I met you and your friend and rode in my S/C'd MM ---I remember it well.....Mrs. M and I extend our happy thoughts to you and wish you well--We are glad for you and all you have done it making a fine contribution to our society.....stay in touch as often as you can---prolly wouldn't recoginize you since you have grown up.....:lol: BTW---I was also in the AF....loved every minute of it as I look back--it was a great moment in my life.......you will agree when you get older..........take care.........Tom

sailsmen
02-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Congrats!

Thanks for teaching me something new, changing your sign in.

Hotrauder
02-18-2008, 06:11 AM
James, the best of everything to you both. Please keep us posted. May the wind always be at your back. :) Dennis

MM03MOK
02-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Here's a very memorable picture of James, after he received his Marauder jacket from Steve Babcock at Marauderville 2 in Indianapolis.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/514/medium/1136DSC01232.JPG

James - my how things have changed in almost 4 years. We are very proud to call you Family too. Our Best Wishes to you and Kristina!

http://www.gillsgalaxy.co.uk/gills-galaxy-images/new-decoupage/wedding/Wedding%20Bells%202%20medium.j pg

RoyLPita
02-18-2008, 07:30 AM
:congrats: James and Kristina. May you both have many years of love and happinesss together.

ckadiddle
02-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Best Wishes for the future!

Now tell us how she feels about Marauders.... ;)

woaface
02-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Congrats James--My how fast you have grown up!!--just the other day I met you and your friend and rode in my S/C'd MM --

That same friend of mine is actually my best man!

Mary, I remember that picture and of course I still have the jacket (hanging up 10 feet away from me actually.) I can't believe I ever had all that hair though!!! Lol. That was a memorable moment in life though, for sure.

Thanks guys for all the well wishes.

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
James - Congrats and Best Wishes.