PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Ford Taurus Help

MM2004
02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
It appears the windshield washer pump has quit working on my daily driver.

Anyone out there replaced the washer reservoior on a '99 Taurus SE, or have documentation on the R&R to scan and post or email to me?

Thanks,

Mike.

Zack
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
It appears the windshield washer pump has quit working on my daily driver.

Anyone out there replaced the washer reservoior on a '99 Taurus SE, or have documentation on the R&R to scan and post or email to me?

Thanks,

Mike.

Unreal, why dont you have someone mail you the 'how to' sheet on wiping your butt as well.

This post sucks. Go buy a new pump and figure it out. :puke:

...oh wait, I just checked the third file cabinet down and low and behold: R&R for a 99 Taurus Washer pump......

NOT :stupid:

fastblackmerc
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Can't be that hard.... usually 1 or 2 bolts, 1 electrical connection & 1 hose connection.

The hardest part might be changing the pump its self.

RoyLPita
02-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I've seen many a broken washer line on the Taurus's as of late.

MM2004
02-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I've seen many a broken washer line on the Taurus's as of late.

They worked the other day on both sides but barely made it up to the windshield when spraying. I do not hear the pump running when pressing in on the turn signal arm.

This would be an easy R&R if the reservoir wasn't underneath the inner fender. :(

Mike.

RoyLPita
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Check for power to the motor. I have seen Multi Function switch go bad.

MERCMAN
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
It worked the other day on both sides but barely made it up to the windshield when spraying.
Mike.

Sounds like you need to have your prostate checked. I bet Zack would line up for that one :rofl:

fastblackmerc
02-18-2008, 10:25 AM
They worked the other day on both sides but barely made it up to the windshield when spraying. I do not hear the pump running when pressing in on the turn signal arm.

This would be an easy R&R if the reservoir wasn't underneath the inner fender. :(

Mike.

Sounds like either the pump is bad or line(s) are clogged.

Zack
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Sounds like you need to have your prostate checked. I bet Zack would line up for that one :rofl:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

larryo340
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Check for power to the motor. I have seen Multi Function switch go bad.
^^^^^ +1
Try to push the washer switch with an open palm and push it in kinda hard. You can also smack the switch in with open palm as well. I have seen this work.

Sounds goofy but it does work.