PDA

View Full Version : If you have a

Aren Jay
02-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Green car and a Red car and you are colour blind, how would you know if you are driving your Green car or your Red car? What if someone asked you to go wait in the Green car, the door is open, and you get out and you see in your colour blindness two Green cars, how would you know you are not getting into a Red car by mistake.

In the Xfiles Fox Muldar is supposedly colour blind, but he often drives Red cars. Does he know that they are not Green?

TiTo35
02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Is that the meds talking?:lol:

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Funny, I just finished watching an episode called "Drive" just now. Mulder drives a Red bubble taurus. I don't think he's completely color blind in the show.

Aren Jay
02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
it was
Season 3, Episode 23: Wetwired (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751260/)

Original Air Date: 10 May 1996

Marauderjack
02-22-2008, 05:27 AM
I have several friends who are color blind...on of which navigates the ICW with red & green markers....thank God the greens are square and reds are triangular....hence he does OK!!:beer:

Most color blind folks see different depths (shades) of gray and can differentiate colors pretty well even though they don't see them as colors!!:cool:

The FUN part is when traffic lights are horizontal instead of vertical!!!:eek::shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

FordNut
02-22-2008, 05:42 AM
The FUN part is when traffic lights are horizontal instead of vertical!!!:eek::shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

In most places you can still tell by the sequence. Just catch one of them with the middle light on and whichever end light comes on next is the red. All of the signals in town will have the red on the same end.

BUT, I've been to places where the sequence is green-yellow-red-yellow-green- (i.e. yellow between every light change). I imagine that would be a big problem.

ImpalaSlayer
02-22-2008, 05:49 AM
wow that really would suck to come up on ared light thinking its green and blow through it :O

Krytin
02-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Most color blind folks see different depths (shades) of gray and can differentiate colors pretty well even though they don't see them as colors!!:cool:

Mara:burnout:uderjack
It's red/green color blindness and it comes in variations. I have it and the above statement by Marauderjack is true. Shades of gray are more like what I see with only certain shades of mostly green in my case. Since most colors we come accross are not pure, a color blind person rarely sees just gray for a red or green, the other colors present overcome the "gray" and they show "through". Red traffic lights look red to me while green ones tend to look a little more blue.

MM2004
02-22-2008, 08:46 AM
BUT, I've been to places where the sequence is green-yellow-red-yellow-green- (i.e. yellow between every light change). I imagine that would be a big problem.

Sooo, on the yellow-green light change,..

What was your reaction time?

:D

Mike.

Breadfan
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I have a bit of red-green colorblind, I don't see any grey but some shades of dark reds and dark greens start to look similar to me. I've been known to have trouble getting a "fringe" color of darker red or green right before.

I also once bought a white dress shirt only to find out it was really very light pink - I blame the flourescent lights in the store on that one...well even then I thought people were messing with me the next day asking why I was wearing a pink shirt...

Aren Jay
02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I've been thinking more about this. What if there are colours we humans can't see, they are inivisible or transparent to us?
Words written here that we can't see.
We could be looking at gaps in between paragraphs and not ever realise that there are hidden words written between the paragraphs or even the
boo!
lines.

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, like low frequency sounds we can't pick up.

Bluerauder
02-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I've been thinking more about this. What if there are colours we humans can't see, they are inivisible or transparent to us?
We can only see within the Visible Spectrum. Hence, the term "visible". We cannot see beyond the ends of the visible portion .... (i.e. into the infrared or ultraviolet and beyond). This is why we can't see X-rays and microwaves or radio waves.

Within the visible portion of the spectrum are an infinite variety of colors and shadings. Normally, we refer to the major colors as R-Red, O-Orange, Y-Yellow, G-Green, B-Blue, I-Indigo, and V-Violet. Most computers recognize some 256 colors (all variations of the major ones). Whether your eyes can distinguish between ALL of the variations/shadings is another story.

Aren Jay
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
The thing that I have been thinking about and may want to make a ferreday cage wallpaper to fix, is the notion that if we could see radio waves, outside our visual spectrum and all the wireless signals etc... we might just be freaked totally out by all the stuff we are living in, particularly in the city.

The elctrical current overflow from our light switches and tv sets and power outlets...

Consider you live withint the radio reception range of every mobile phone and wireless phone in your direct neighbourhood. How many phones, wireless computer networks and cell phones are there running through your house right now. Running through you right now. How many radio stations, and satelite beams and baby monitors...

Have 25 to 50 neighbours in range of your house, 100 to 300 in an apartment, how many 1000's while at work?
50 radio stations, plus every satelite radio station tv station weather thingy radar dish from each plane and airport...

People are worried about a single cellphone used 3 hours a day yet we must have 100 times that everyday all day.

Gives one pause for the crazies with the tinfoil hats and makes one wonder how to fold the aluminum foil the same way.

I wonder if starting a ferreday wallpaper, window blind, clothing line might not be a bad idea after all.

But it all hinges on making a pair of glasses or head mouted computer display that can show you just what is poking holes in your body right now today and everyday.

Happy thoughts.

hot-rauder
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
The thing that I have been thinking about and may want to make a ferreday cage wallpaper to fix, is the notion that if we could see radio waves, outside our visual spectrum and all the wireless signles etc... we might just be freaked totally out by all the stuff we are living in, particularly in the city.

you asked a question like this before... im glad to see this one kinda caught on.

a bloodhound can hear 1000 times better than a human. who is to say the a whale cannot see 1000 better than us? it fascinates me how scientist can tell me wether or not the animal has clear vision, or how the bat maybe be almost blind, and yet can find its way around better than me using echolocation.

Aren Jay
03-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Wasn't sure if I said that here or on nasioc before they banned me for liking Marauders.