PDA

View Full Version : Simply Amazing.

Aren Jay
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
A couple years ago I was looking at the Local Jaguar place and they had 2 Super V8 2005 Jaguars in their lot.

$132,000 each.

One Red and one Jaguar Racing Green.

I liked both, Amazing cars.

Jagaur XJ's are one of the only cars that I would buy in green.

So I'm looking around and the USA Jaguar premier sales place has one coming in.

2005 Super V8 XJ8 Vanden Plas in Jaguar Racing Green.

$28K.

Now i know Jaguars depreciate fast, but this is rediculous.

http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms2/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=5714

sorry no picture, but it looks like this: http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms2/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=8103A Only Green and with 400Bhp and all the goodies.

I didn't think I would be able to afford a Super V8 for atleast another 5 years, but $28K is less than the asking price for my Marauder.

Wish I had $28K kicking around.

oh well, next time.

dreydin
02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
the 06-07 models in black, are absolutely SICK! :bows: to me, its like a slimmer version of the Marauder. id love to have one, but like you, i cant sling that kind of cash right now.

http://www.motorcities.com/media/image/640/05HN0173513994H/2006-Jaguar-XJ-Super-V8-Portfolio-Press-Photos-H-640.jpeg

LordVader
02-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Looks like you're looking at the best place for used Jags..they sell both domestically and internationally and the cars are always clean even if they have high mileage.

Dragcity
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
If you own a JAG, be ready to know it Intimately. You will be in and out of every nook and cranny of it within two years...

They are a finicky cat.....

Oh, and parts are really, really, really expensive.

If you want to see what I had, look in my Photo Gallery. Yeah, it was fast. She cost too much to keep.

J D
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Heh, thats true about the depreciation, a friend of mine's dad got a steal on a jag from his boss for what a though was a ridiculously low amount of money. Sweet car, and fast and clean but it did break a lot of little stuff, luckily the guy's dad is an engineer.

Raudermaster
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
the 06-07 models in black, are absolutely SICK! :bows: to me, its like a slimmer version of the Marauder.

Sorry, no.

Aren Jay
02-25-2008, 11:21 PM
The car in the above picture is the 06 Portfolio special edition. It really is nice.

The early Jaguars did have alot of special need and care as do the X-type's. Things improved alot under Ford after MY 2001. Between 98 and 2000 the nikasil problems with the North American cheap gas caused all sorts of problems, but that happened to all European makers.

Best Jaguar years were 95-97 XJR 96-97 XJ6 and 2001+ XJ8's and XJR's. Although some 2004's also had problems. The Mercedes Transmissions cause a few problems, but that is because they are so called sealed units and when they failed they were replaced. After 2004 most of these problems disappeared except in the X-types that have had and continue to have transmission problems.

The Super V8 is a very nice Rolls Royce ride in a 5.6 second 0-60 mph car. Never quite as refined as the BMW or Mercedes but never as boring or firm either.

The other weird thing is, women love Jaguars. Like we love Marauders and even more so. It is uncanny. (not modding and changing the oil, but just sitting in and going places)