PDA

View Full Version : New SUV's Faster than a Marauder?

dohc324ci
02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey fellas,

I just read the latest MotorTrend Mag and they have the Toyota Sequoia and Nissan Armada at 6.2 and 6.8 seconds to 60!:mad2: Amazing that they can get those things moving that fast....

TiTo35
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hey fellas,

I just read the latest MotorTrend Mag and they have the Toyota Sequoia and Nissan Armada at 6.2 and 6.8 seconds to 60!:mad2: Amazing that they can get those things moving that fast....

I believe the Armada have like 5.4L engine(I think...hell it maybe bigger)...I dont think it weighs that much more then MM, they are big but they not making steel beams on wheels any more...AH, the good old days...

Breadfan
02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I just went to the Motor Trend website to see if the article was there.

Well i didn't see it but did see a feed of discussions in the MT Forums, here's a hot topic there:

In my opinions, Toyota Yaris liftback takes the cake!!!!!

Ummm...yeah gotta love that Yaris...

Oddly enough that's probably going to be one of the best things you'd read from Motor Trend.

Breadfan
02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I believe the Armada have like 5.4L engine(I think...hell it maybe bigger)...I dont think it weighs that much more then MM, they are big but they not making steel beams on wheels any more...AH, the good old days...

FYI I believe the Armada which is based on the Titan uses a body on frame, not unibody. Don't know about the Seqcrya.

They're heavy vehicles, I wonder how much hp they make. I'm guessing 300-350hp from the dohc V8's...I wonder how reproducable that number would be.

FYI road tests of the Marauder placed 0-60 times anywhere between 6.5 and 7.5 seconds depending on the source doing the testing. Realistically it was closer to the 7sec range.

TiTo35
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Well i didn't see it but did see a feed of discussions in the MT Forums, here's a hot topic there:

How dare you mention a YARIS:shake:
That car looks like one of my daughter's shoes!:lol:

offroadkarter
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey fellas,

with a couple mods a marauder can do 0-60 in 6.5, the 4.10's would be easiest way to do that way.

The jap's trucks can only go that fast because the interiors are made entirely of cheap foam, cloth and a dull sea of plastic, weighing about 10 pounds, and the rest of the truck is left over from WWII tanks.

I'd gladly take a silverado, F150 or in the real long stretch, a ram over any jap truck.

TiTo35
02-28-2008, 02:45 PM

5.6L engine...

offroadkarter
02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
FYI I believe the Armada which is based on the Titan uses a body on frame, not unibody. Don't know about the Seqcrya.

They're heavy vehicles, I wonder how much hp they make.

I think the nissan makes about 345hp, the tundra is around the same.

Plus, its either the V8 or a tiny V6, i know from GM you have 3 motor choices in the SUV's and 4 in the trucks. 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 (escalade, 380hp :bows:) and the duramax diesel

I dont know of any import company offering a diesel truck in America.

And besides, all the japanise trucks are butt ugly. Well the nissan titan isnt bad, but the new toyota, EWW!

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2006/09/2007-Toyota-Tundra-Double-Cab.jpg

Its so out of proportion, all the fat is up front.

Breadfan
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
look up tundra bed shake on youtube then watch the rest of the Ford vids comparing the F150 to the Tundra, Tundra frame is like a warm pretzel in terms of strength.

Don't have links handy here so you'll have to search. :)

Aren Jay
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Funny thing about the Armada, it is so big on the outside and yet so small on the inside. I had a look at one but couldn't fit in the drivers seat. No head room. Samething with the Titan, they put a Sunroof in and I can't sit behind the wheel. I asked if they have one without a sunroof and they say no. I point out that I can fit in the Versa and they look away and go help someone else or they point at the mini vans, then I walk away.

larryo340
02-28-2008, 04:04 PM
look up tundra bed shake on youtube then watch the rest of the Ford vids comparing the F150 to the Tundra, Tundra frame is like a warm pretzel in terms of strength.

Don't have links handy here so you'll have to search. :)
Here a a couple:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

:beer:

Aren Jay
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
2004 Subaru Forester XT.

Although with an automatic transmission it might not be so much of a sure thing.

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Here a a couple:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

:beer:

Don't forget the Titan, and Silverado was in there too! Just proving Ford owns all.

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh and as for the SUV, my mom's '04 Explorer with a 4.6l 2v, 3.73's, that's stock, it takes my MM from 0-60.

TiTo35
02-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow look at the F-150 GO...:banana:

offroadkarter
02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh and as for the SUV, my mom's '04 Explorer with a 4.6l 2v, 3.73's, that's stock, it takes my MM from 0-60.

Damn then even with all those mods your car is slow, better go buy that procharger kit or alex is going to beat you with his F150 :lol:

Just kidding of course;)

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
He's still doing that?

offroadkarter
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
He's still doing that?

Oh but now ive got a new idea into his head, he's putting a boss 302 into his truck that his uncle has, and putting the I6 (maybe) into his buggy.

I told him to fit the M90 on the boss 302 :)

dohc324ci
02-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Oddly enough that's probably going to be one of the best things you'd read from Motor Trend.

I have the magazine. April 2008 VOL.60, NO.4.

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/ford-boss-302-engine-comeback.html
That? If he is getting that, there will be no need for that puny M90.

Taemian
02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey fellas,

Get used to it. Other smaller vehicles to watch out for would be: Neon SRT-4s, any Mazdaspeed M6 or M3, Cobalt SS, Imprezas, the list goes on and on and on.... :bigcry: I don't even bother going at any of them from a stop. Now, meet them on the highway, or even from a rolling start, and you've got another story!

I work in an area with a wealthy demographic, and find myself next to BMW M3/M5, Hemi RT and SRTs, Merc AMGs, Porsche anything, and lots of JDM tuner cars. Hell, my boss has a BMW 750, his XO has a SRT Charger, below him is a Magnum SRT, then a new Caddy coupe. Until I get my Trilogy, I'm fine with everyone thinking I'm driving grampa's car with mags. In stock trim, the Marauder is a very lacklustre performer. Add a few mods and improves a bit, but engine tech changes for the better every year with the competition's new models as far as efficiency/power levels goes. I'm at the bottom of the foodchain in more ways than one.....:shake:

Only a bit more to save for my Trilogy...:depress:

03calitejas
02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
one of the main reasons I sought out this place was that I got walked by a doggone Escalade...it ain't happening again thanks to all the great contributors to this forum.

call it a defective gene in the male chromosome or whatever you want -but I'm gonna run across him and his snooty gf again one night coming home from getting a chicago dog with a trunk full of groceries...all they are gonna see is darkened tail lights and a classy rear end lower valance that says it all

:D

UncleLar
02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
They can stuff those Datsun Amanda's,my 2003 EB Expy 4X4 wasn't as fast but it sure had a ton of room in it and was very comfortable and actually seemed to have a better and quieter ride than my 03 GM Ultimate,damn noisy Michellin tires on the GM.