PDA

View Full Version : TiTo35

Zack
03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Please tell us why you insist on posting with the 'center text' feature on.

You are silently and slowly killing me :argue:

:bigcry:

:depress:

RCSignals
03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Maybe it's just you?

whoskal
03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
:eek:I have no idea what he is talking about

Eric91Z
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah, it all looks good to me

How about the rest of you?

NATEHAWK
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Yea what is he talking about lol!:lol:

KillJoy
03-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I Do Not Know Why He Does That. Does It Bother You?

:dunno:

KillJoy

O's Fan Rich
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Ahhhh...
center text in extra large FONTS!

Zack
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM

KillJoy

w
h
a
t
s

i
t

t
o

y
o
u
?

DOOM
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
lol. See what you started?

MarauderMark
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Y
ad
d
a
ya
d
d
a
y
a
dda..

ctrlraven
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Center
Typing
Is
Gangsta
Y0!

Raudermaster
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
That gets me, And So Do The People Who Have To Capitalize Every Letter Of Every Word. Doesn't make sense.

TiTo35
03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
:lol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...WELL Zack, truthfully when I was in college my Webpage Prof. told us that centering your web page is an eye catcher...It worked HUH??? Sorry if it bothers you...but uh....its an option why not use it?

I was shocked to see a thread with my name as the subject!:beer:

But now do you see what yo have started???:lol:

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
what's the big deal

grab a Blue Moon (official beer of the MM Blues Brothers)

Relax.

Chill out.

Life is good!:beer:

SCCH

ckadiddle
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Zack, I don't see anything wrong here.

Perhaps you should see your :eek: doctor.

Soon.

:D

Bigdogjim
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I think it's just the cats meow............

Way cool.......:beer:

Nice touch :up:

Bluerauder
03-04-2008, 05:31 PM
[RIGHT]:lol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...WELL Zack, truthfully when I was in college my Webpage Prof. told us that centering your web page is an eye catcher...

Your college Web Professor was wrong. Centering works in some cases; but not in all. It works for Titles, Captions, poetry, song lyrics, and Dr. Seuss books. It does not work well for most narrative text because it makes it hard for the reader to follow from line-to-line.

Since many of your replies and comments are very short, I have noticed that sometimes I think you didn't say anything because the words are way over to the center. It seems to work exactly opposite of being an eye-catcher to being a missed point all together.

This is just my opinion .... but an honest one. :D

xopher
03-04-2008, 05:38 PM

KillJoy

That gets me, And So Do The People Who Have To Capitalize Every Letter Of Every Word. Doesn't make sense.
Agreed. This Is The One That Confuses Me. Are You Posting From Your Cell Phone? Are You Trapped In The Blogosphere? Do We Need To Send Web 2.0 To Save You?

MM2004
03-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Ask Becky for help.

SMOKE
03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Center

Typing
Is
Gangsta
Y0!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!:eek:

TiTo35
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Your college Web Professor was wrong. Centering works in some cases; but not in all. It works for Titles, Captions, poetry, song lyrics, and Dr. Seuss books. It does not work well for most narrative text because it makes it hard for the reader to follow from line-to-line.

Since many of your replies and comments are very short, I have noticed that sometimes I think you didn't say anything because the words are way over to the center. It seems to work exactly opposite of being an eye-catcher to being a missed point all together.

I thought my CAMers were going to take up for me...shame on YOU...LoL! But seriously...you miss my messages? MAN o MAN...Shall I stop posting like that because ppl cant see my messages 3'' to the right?:bigcry:

OH...In class we was not making narrative text...it was more so to advertise, tell a story or for a caption to a picture...that was centered. PLUS I just like it...and I wanted to do something different...*steppin outside the box*
:beer:

freakstatus
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Its all good man.

martyo
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM

Because I pay him in fendeer badges to do just this:

You are silently and slowly killing me

Aren Jay
03-05-2008, 02:22 AM
.sdrawkcab ni depyt saw gnihtyreve erehw stsop gnol ,stsop edam ev'I

arejayesss
03-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I think that this would be more of a nuisance, don't you?

MERCMAN
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Please post more so we won't have to listen to Zacks' incessant whining any more. :rofl:

TiTo35
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Because I pay him in fendeer badges to do just this:

Well...Dont you need my shipping address???
:lol:

RCSignals
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM

But it is true, unless one types in
large font

Bigdogjim
03-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Without a doubt the :lol: thread I have read to date......:banana2:

Krytin
03-06-2008, 11:06 AM
what's the big deal

grab a Blue Moon (official beer of the MM Blues Brothers)

Relax.

Chill out.

Life is good!:beer:

SCCH

Since the topic is bizzare, I don't feel bad about going off topic.
Those Blue Moon beers sure are good!
I had a few last night and was very impressed - smooth and good taste!

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
KillJoy

I noticed it immediately and found it to be odd.

WELL Zack, truthfully when I was in college my Webpage Prof. told us that centering your web page is an eye catcher...

Actually it is quite the opposite.
Seeing as how most folks CENTER their SIGS, I overlooked many of your posts as 'no input' posts. My brain automatically sees the center text as your sig.

If you want your input to be read by all, you should post in a standard manner, left aligned.

For me, I have gotten to the point where I just skip over your posts.

Bigdogjim
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I still think this whole thread is way too funny :rofl: :rofl:

Bluerauder
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I noticed it immediately and found it to be odd.
Actually it is quite the opposite. Seeing as how most folks CENTER their SIGS, I overlooked many of your posts as 'no input' posts. My brain automatically sees the center text as your sig.

If you want your input to be read by all, you should post in a standard manner, left aligned.

For me, I have gotten to the point where I just skip over your posts.

+1 Zackly .... pun intended. ;)

KillJoy
03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Yup.... I usually skip the Centered Text as well......

KillJoy

BruteForce
03-08-2008, 08:39 PM
As a professional web developer, I must tell you your "Webpage Prof" is a twit. Must have picked up his chops on geocities.

:lol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...WELL Zack, truthfully when I was in college my Webpage Prof. told us that centering your web page is an eye catcher...It worked HUH??? Sorry if it bothers you...but uh....its an option why not use it?

I was shocked to see a thread with my name as the subject!:beer:

But now do you see what yo have started???:lol:

CRUZTAKER
03-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Saved by the 'IGNORE' function in the site again.

Now I don't even have to scroll past all that centered text.:P

Someone PM me when he gains his senses so I can remove it.
Who knows, he may have something to add.

Ms. Denmark
03-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Heartwarming to see how individualism, eccentricity and thinking outside the box are embraced by all of us, who did just that, when we decided to own an obscure, made for only two years ,slightly off the beaten track kinda car. We're Marauder drivers! We scoff at the common place, the mundane , the same old same old. In fact, we worship the unusual, the unique, the "for discriminating tastes only", and those who march to a different drummer. Rock on!;)

TiTo35
03-09-2008, 11:13 PM
THANK YOU...
Its a font...I mean hey if it bothers some...SORRY...My post are only moved over 2-3'' LOL you cant look over that far...Too funny:rolleyes:

Heartwarming to see how individualism, eccentricity and thinking outside the box are embraced by all of us, who did just that, when we decided to own an obscure, made for only two years ,slightly off the beaten track kinda car. We're Marauder drivers! We scoff at the common place, the mundane , the same old same old. In fact, we worship the unusual, the unique, the "for discriminating tastes only", and those who march to a different drummer. Rock on!;)

BruteForce
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
THANK YOU...
Its a font...I mean hey if it bothers some...SORRY...My post are only moved over 2-3'' LOL you cant look over that far...Too funny:rolleyes:

<marquee height=100 width=900 behavior=ALTERNATE><font size=7 color=red>How you like my new sig?</font></marquee>
<marquee height=100 width=900 behavior=ALTERNATE><font size=7 color=red>Just because you can doesn't mean you should.</font></marquee>

this will be blank if you use anything other than IE

CRUZTAKER
03-10-2008, 03:51 AM
WOW! :eek:

I haven't even started drinking and....wow!:P:D:D

See how much easier this is to read:

TiTo35
03-10-2008, 04:08 AM
WOW! :eek:

I haven't even started drinking and....wow!:P:D:D

See how much easier this is to read:

LoL...Oh well:lol:

TiTo35
03-10-2008, 04:11 AM
<marquee height="100" width="900" behavior="ALTERNATE">How you like my new sig?</marquee>
<marquee height="100" width="900" behavior="ALTERNATE">Just because you can doesn't mean you should.</marquee>

Hey...whatever floats your boat...:beer:

MM03MOK
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
<MARQUEE behavior=alternate width=900 height=100>How you like my new sig?</MARQUEE>
<MARQUEE behavior=alternate width=900 height=100>Just because you can doesn't mean you should.</MARQUEE>

:laugh: :laugh:

TiTo35
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
:lol:Gsus...You all got Mary involved in this now...:lol: