PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Nutzo

RCSignals
08-12-2003, 12:54 AM
errrr Enzo

The car is spec'd for oil that is only available from Shell. Costs $60 per quart, and the engine takes just over 12 quarts.

If an engine failure occurs, and they discover through analysis that you did not use the $60/qt oil, they instantly void the warranty. A new engine only costs about $200,000.

Makes Mercury seem not so bad :lol:

LCpl Retired
08-12-2003, 05:01 AM
this link will provide some insight into the customer base:

http://www.nsxfiles.com/f355_update.htm

used to do business with a guy who drove one everyday...lost all desire to ever own one after knowing hiim....... looking down and studying all the hair plugs on top of his head as he was ranting and raving at me over something stupid ...for that moment I was John Nash ...and all the hair plugs seemed to spell out something that I never aspired to be.....

martyo
08-12-2003, 05:31 AM
399 to be built and all of them sold before they were built. Price tag is north of $650,000.00. I am going out on a limb here, but I am going to guess that anyone who can afford one of these cars isn't losing mcuh sleep over the cost of an oil change or using it as a daily driver.

I'll double check with TAF and see what he thinks. He's the only one I know with that kind of money anyway.

amerikan
08-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah seriously, someone that pays that kinda money for that car doesnt really care about the oil change cost. I doubt the owner even drives that car often. I saw an Enzo on ebay a few months bad for 1.5 million. *caugh* how many marauders is that? around 50

Mikeenh
08-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Gee....maybe we can start a new thread about the weight of the $60 oil.....if it's synthetic....what it might do to our MM's warranty and how much HP we might get from it. :lol: :argue: :censor: :nono: :flamer:

Dr Caleb
08-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mikeenh
Gee....maybe we can start a new thread about the weight of the $60 oil.....if it's synthetic....what it might do to our MM's warranty and how much HP we might get from it. :lol: :argue: :censor: :nono: :flamer:

RCSignals
08-12-2003, 01:00 PM
The insane cost of the oil is only part of it. The fact is if you use any other oil, the engine warranty is void!

jgc61sr2002
08-12-2003, 04:43 PM
I agree with Marty. If you can afford $650 G then $60 a quart for oil is peanuts. :coolman: