PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the thief?

Motorhead350
03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I think I figured out who stole the truck listen here:

A few months ago I was in an all night diner around 2am and I was with someone and looked outside and saw a big town car. I was saying wow I wish I had that, it looks like fun. A guy from the next booth over said I could have it for $2,500 because it had 308,000 miles on it. I said I would pass, but we started talking about cars and I said I had my Blazer with 350hp ya know stuff like that and he saw it later that night.

I saw this person 2 more times, same place same time. The final time I saw him I told him about this 65 Chevy I just got and how bad the wiring was. He told me he does that stuff himself and he could do it for me if I wanted him to. I asked when he could look at it and we agreed that he would right after we finished eating. 3AM. So I asked him what he was doing out this late every night and he replyed with "Robbin." I was like ok. So we went over to my place and looked at the truck. He was the one that told me the engine was from the 80s, this that.. he had a ton of knowledge and was showing me pictures of a few projects he has done off of his laptop.

So later I ask him if he wants to come up and just hang out for a little while. He said something I still don't understand. "No I can't because I don't know you too well. What if I see something I shouldn't?" So anyway that was the last I saw of him. This guy knew where I kept my Blazer (on the street), he knew what it had, he knew that I stay out at night and it was stolen at 12:04pm, he probably knew too much.

Also when we discussed the wiring he said we would take items instead of money. Guitars, speakers, radios anything.... maybe I was really stupid to let this guy come over because well... I don't know.

I have his full name, business company name, number and that's it. What do you guys think? I might pass this off to a "connection" tomorrow and at least have someone check him out.

BAD MERC
03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I am trying to figure out why you eat at 3AM.

Motorhead350
03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Not as many people in this world at that hour.

Blk Mamba
03-09-2008, 02:19 PM
You think you know his name ,& business name, I can print business cards in 5 min. You should know who you are dealing with first, next time say"let me see your Driver Lic.", if he balks then you know something is up.

Blk Mamba
03-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I am trying to figure out why you eat at 3AM.

He's out clubbin'. Chitown at 2AM is hoppin"

MENINBLK
03-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Why are you talking to strangers at 3AM ???

CRUZTAKER
03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
You haven't found that truck yet?

When my van was stolen, I went to every ghetto projects on the East side of Cleveland, and low and behold, I found it after 55 minutes at E.72 and Kinsman with three guys trying to dig it out of a snow bank.

A squad car rolled up on me hiding behind a dumpster on my cell phone. They thought, me being a young white male well out of my region, that I was attempting to buy crack.

I said I was just calling you guys. There's my truck over there...

All three arrested.

GreekGod
03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Wheeler-dealers have always impressed me as actually being con-men. Your man appears to fit the persona. Officer friendly probably has his mug shot and criminal history.

How old did he appear?

freakstatus
03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
"So later I ask him if he wants to come up and just hang out for a little while".

Whats that about? Was he not a total stranger?

jgc61sr2002
03-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Call the # see if he answers and check out the location if you have an address. Make no personal contact.

03calitejas
03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
yeah...I think you'd be on the right track to talk to either your "connection" or just pick up the phone and call the CPD vehicle theft guys...I can relate to hanging late at night and meeting new people and being all too trusting...maybe it's naive but I still think most people are good people, and if you live life not opening up, then you most likely have missed out on a lot of good friends along the way.

I also think if your truck was stolen a week ago that there''s a better than 50/50 chance its either in Calumet City in the wrong hands or been stripped and scrapped already

Call Mayor Daly's finest and tell em what you suspect...who knows- maybe you'll get it back...

btw...left field bleachers at Wrigley with a mustard dog and a couple cold ones would totally rock

:beer:

Aren Jay
03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I guess he is too young to remember the Rockford Files.

Aren Jay
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
"So later I ask him if he wants to come up and just hang out for a little while".

Whats that about? Was he not a total stranger?

At 3am.

I guess you were not his 'type'

Motorhead350
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Heard of the show, but never saw it. Any other thoughts?

OO91
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
1- Pray that he is not reading this right now.
2- Stakeouts/shadowing (if I was closer, I'd love to help!)
3- Get as much intel as you can
4- If you start seeing pieces of your Blazer in his front yard: CALL THE COPS!
5- From now on: assume that everyone you meet at 2am in Chicago is a convicted felon, who is trying/going to steal your stuff.

6- If you bust the jerk.. give yourself a pat on the back because you did a good job.

Motorhead350
03-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I cannot find his location because I don't have his address, but I have his number, full name and name of his business.

hdwrenchtx
03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
the funniest thing to me is you trusted this dirtbag that told you he was out "robbin" whether he was a wanna be gangster or a real one

wtf were you trying to gain by that? a new friend or a hole in the head?

sailsmen
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Use this to take a step back and look at some of your behaviors. Learn and grow up or die young, the choice is yours.

MACFORD88
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
the funniest thing to me is you trusted this dirtbag that told you he was out "robbin" whether he was a wanna be gangster or a real one

wtf were you trying to gain by that? a new friend or a hole in the head? AND AT 3:00AM WTF AT THAT TIME IM SLEEPING LIKE A BABY.

xopher
03-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Give the information to the authorities. They do this (investigation) for a living. Cross the wrong guy without backup or protection and you'll end up the subject of an EKG or a eulogy.

Aren Jay
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
411.com directory search.

Motorhead350
03-11-2008, 12:05 PM
411.com directory search.

Tried that. I think I found his parents, but not him. I'm fowarding this info today.

Aren Jay
03-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Enter his phone number, then reverse directory it.

Maybe he lives at home with his parents.

Maybe he is busy chopping up a Blazer...

Motorhead350
03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe he is busy chopping up a Blazer...

Yes and not a K5 Blazer. :o

GreekGod
03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/1/9/0/StolenCars001.jpg

Motorhead350
03-13-2008, 10:23 PM
I wanna visit them just so I can flick them off, even if they don't have my truck it's still what every victim would wanna do... if they cannot be violent or yell.

Motorhead350
03-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Here is an update:

No one has contacted me or any of the detectives. I'll call them tomorrow and a few Sergnts off of a Mercury Marauder club I am in want to help me too. Someone spotted a K5 Blazer on the south side of the city and it had the interior stripped and it was burned. I wanted to go over, but my friend won't tell me it's exact location and said he would check it out for me.

So later he calls and says it's not mine because the rims were aftermarket, it had a "rammer" on the front and cement in the bumper... it was a total gangbanger truck that was burned and the vin numbers were all missing. I asked why I couldn't see it and he started laughing. "Dude this was my old neighborhood. This truck was locked in the backyard of a drug dealers house, I broke in to look at it. I didn't want anything happening to you."

Guess I have a better friend than I thought and he knew the truck very well. All of that was from yesterday. I'll see what the detectives have to say tomorrow because I'm going to call them.