PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers

Dennis Reinhart
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I was told to day that Scott Levine, who is the top tech at Team Ford and I have been good friends with for many years, was rushed to the emergency room, with a intestinal problem, he now has returned home, and will have to have the surgery in the coming weeks, many of us here know Scott, he has ran the dyno days for many of us at Team Ford, Scott is great guy so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

jgc61sr2002
03-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Praying for a full recovery.

Local Boy
03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
My family and I, will keep him in our prayers...

ALOHA

Blk Mamba
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
As will our family, may God bless.

sailsmen
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I will pray for Scott.

He helped me with getting my DR for SSHS5.

magindat
03-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Positive thoughts. Hope all becomes well again.

Bluerauder
03-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Any update on Scott's condition? Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all has gone well so far.

MM03MOK
03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I know exactly what Scott is going through. Prayers and Positive Thoughts sent his way!!

Dennis Reinhart
04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that Scott’s surgery was a success!!

This is the first chance I have had to let you know of Scott’s condition. Short of a few hours, I have been at the hospital from 5:30am Friday to 6:30pm tonight.

He went into surgery at 9:30 and was out at 12:40. He went into recovery for about two hours and was in his room by 2:30. He was placed in a neurosurgery intermediate care unit, as he was on a telemetry pack. He was hooked up to so many machines. He also had a catheter, a chest tube, a central epidural line and an IV. His surgeon, Dr Gouldman, said that everything went as expected. They removed the tumor and sent it to pathology. We will know more about it by next Friday. It was a very uncomfortable night for Scott. We think he might have been having a side effect from the anesthesia, as he was very itchy all night. We did not sleep very much at all.

Saturday he was feeling a little better, but still tired and sore. He was up sitting in a chair for a while, then walked a couple of laps around the nurses station. That pretty much wiped him out. Dr Gouldman removed the telemetry pack today, and said everything was looking good. Scott had a better night last night, but we still did not get much sleep.

Scott woke up feeling pretty good this morning. He had a chest x-ray and Dr Gouldman said it looked good. He is watching for signs of pneumonia. He said Scott has four “red flags” or possible causes to watch out for; he is a large man, he had surgery, he was on aventilator during the surgery, and they had to deflate/re-inflate his lung. He does not seem worried, so we are staying positive. They removed his catheter, epidural, chest tube, and IV early this evening. If Scott continues to practice his breathing exercises, the doctor thinks Scott may get to come home Tuesday. That would be wond erful!!

Well I am thoroughly exhausted and ready to crash. I am functioning on 7 hours of sleep since Thursday. Thank God for spell check, or no one would have understood this e-mail. (and if it did not catch all the errors, sorry)

Please know how grateful we are for all the well wishes and prayers. It means more to us than we can say!! I have all of you to thank, because without your prayers, I don’t know if I would have had the strength to hold up during all of this! I KNOW it was because God had given me the strength, more than I knew I had.

I will continue to keep you posted.

All our love,
Sherri, Scott and family

MM03MOK
04-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the update from Scott's wife, Dennis. His medical concerns have gone well beyond what I've been dealing with. Continued prayers to Scott and his family.

Bradley G
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well and he is doing better.
Continued prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.