PDA

View Full Version : Winter Meeting/Cruisin in Sweden

Jori Rintamaki
03-10-2008, 09:36 AM
We were in Winter Meeting/Cruisin in Sweden last weekend.
It was very cold (-25C) but Mercury S-55 runs well!:banana2:
There is some photos:
http://www.mercuryman.fi/news/alterrundan2008/index.html

Raudermaster
03-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Looks great! I dig the Edsel :up: and the Shelby. Are those all your cars?

larryo340
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Nice Merc, by the way it looks like a lot of signs are in english also. Is english commonly spoken in Finland?

Jori Rintamaki
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
No, the Edsel and Shelby are not my cars.
You can find my cars at:
www.mercuryman.fi
and after that take Mercurys

Many people speaks English in Finland
but not all!:beer:

jdando
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Motorcycles on snow :eek: you guys are nuts!

Jori Rintamaki
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Well...it was only -13 F and the wind was not bad!:banana:

Blk Mamba
03-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Two questions, how big is that barrel of money you have, and is that a Chrysler 413 cross ram?

hdwrenchtx
03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Motorcycles on snow :eek: you guys are nuts!

saw a dude in milwaukee last month riding a Buell blast in 6 inches of snow...

CRAZY
:beer:

Jori Rintamaki
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Two questions, how big is that barrel of money you have, and is that a Chrysler 413 cross ram?

Oh, sorry! I dont have too much money, but I have a place where I can rebuild old cars. It is my hobby.
I have only Mercurys and you can see my cars www.mercuryman.fi

I dont sell cars I only collect these beautiful Mercs.

I dont know much about this Chrysler but it was original Hemi and very rare.
Also the Galaxie from 1963 and half is original with 427 cid engine and bought it to Sweden when it was new, 1963 1/2.
I cant even remember the name of the owner..it was like Nils or something like that. But this man have a great collection of beautiful cars. Did you saw that Shelby? wow.....:beer:

Tom Doan
03-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the picture of the Saab Sonnet, I had 13 of them, great cars with a Ford designed motor, V4, could not kill them. At one time 20 years ago my family had the most Saabs on the road daily in the USA, built like tanks.

Ms. Denmark
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Just checking in to say "Hei!", Jori. Think of a nice Viking-type name for my Marauder and let me know!

2,4shofast
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
There were a ton of awesome cars there!! thanks for sharing!

Blk Mamba
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Just kidding about the money, beautiful cars, and yes I saw the Shelby, you do great work, and should be proud.

UncleLar
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Darn,did I see a Saab Sonnett and an Opel Rekord in those pics in #7?
Those guys riding them bikes must be as crazy as I was back in my youth,ha,now my arthritis and other aches and pains keeps me from doing that kind of stuff anymore.
You and your buddies have some nice cars,congrats on them,esspecially considering the difficulties you must have finding and obtaining parts and what import duties and shipping must cost.
If you or any of your friends get out to Chicago,IL USA around the last week of July please let me know and I'll take you to a car show where they shut down the entire downtown area for the week end and have over 8 or 9 HUNDRED various vehicles to check out!Be warned though,it is always extremely hot and humid that week end,ALWAYS! Let me know,up to 5 of us can drive there in my MM.

Jori Rintamaki
03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
HI!
It was nice to hear about this car show!
The summer is open, whi knows!
It is only one thing I know for sure, we have a Mercury show in our place in July!
Thanks!

PhastPhil
03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
We are all a bunch of wimps here in the U.S., they had a car show, and a BBQ, and it was Minus 13 degrees !!!!
Nobody here wants to bring their car out in the snow, let alone stand around looking at the cars and eating BBQ even if it were 30 degress warmer !

:nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:

The Moped in the third group of pics must have been a Buick, it had three portholes. :D

Taemian
03-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Jori,
What area do you live in? I may be coming to compete in a competition there. Has something to do with Simo HayHa.;)

Vortex
03-17-2009, 09:49 AM
A pretty rare Edsel, I think its a 60 model. Looks nothing like the older Edsels, looks alot like a Galaxie with different taillights.

Jori Rintamaki
03-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi Taemian. I live in the middle of Finland.
When are you coming?
You can send me privat email and IŽll give you my phone number?

We have winter and snow only 4-5 month in the year. The summer is warm and beautiful.

Taemian
03-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi Taemian. I live in the middle of Finland.
When are you coming?
You can send me privat email and IŽll give you my phone number?

We have winter and snow only 4-5 month in the year. The summer is warm and beautiful.

I'll have to see if my spotter can get the $$ together for this year's event. I'll keep in touch!