PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this comment

GODFATHER
03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
what do you guys think of this comment?

----------------------------------------------

So I was patrolling the local boards today and saw that one of the signatures read, "turbo lag is gods way of giving V-8's a chance." http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rofl2.gif

Now, aside from the obvious grammatical errors, what do you all think about this oh-so-clever phrase? http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/dunno.gif
Mind you, 99.9% of the members of the mentioned forum own Hondas, Acuras, and the like (only 1 or 2 of which have built motors, aside from the normal swaps).

BAD MERC
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Turbo lag is god's way of saying "your wheezing anemic four-banger needs to breathe harder to catch the guy you just dared to race". Funny - V8's don't have lag............

J D
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Turbo lag is god's way of saying "your wheezing anemic four-banger needs to breathe harder to catch the guy you just dared to race". Funny - V8's don't have lag............

pwhahaha! That pretty much says it all!

Motorhead350
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Didn't man create the engine or did I miss something in catholic school? :confused:

Raudermaster
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Nope, God created all of the LSx motors, that's why Ford Modular's need $10k in upgrades to even race one.

Aren Jay
03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
The funny thing is if they don't have a turbo, then the race is no fair. But if we have the SC or Turbo, then the race is no fair. Now if they have the automatic transmission, the race is no fair, even if they have the turbo. But if we have the turbo, we are not stock and the race is no fair, but point out that the WRX they have is not stock, and they say that their mods are stock. If they can't have mods then it is no fair. I point out that a Marauder, stock, will out corner a WRX stock and they complain that it is not true, not fair, and that wheels, sway bars, tires, etc... All things that we have as stock, mean that they have to have them too otherwise it is not fair.

Point out how slow they are and they quote some Clutch dropping stage 3 6 speed STi swap mod's WRX 0-60 time and say that it is not fair to say that they are not stock.

Anyway. If we have a V8, it just isn't fair.

It sure is fun, not being fair.

Black_Noise
03-11-2008, 11:02 PM
turbo lag is for morons that dont know how to properly tune a car, or need that big of a turbo to make their car mildly quick

magindat
03-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Idiots and excuse makers.

1/2 the motor and 1/2 the weight = fair

Turbo vs SC = fair

4500 lbs in the corner w/sways vs 3300 lbs in the corner = fair

built auto vs stick = fair

What the hell is wrong with these morons?

BAD MERC
03-12-2008, 05:39 AM
My Dad always told me that if I took ALL the money I spent of trying to make crappy cars cool then I could actually have a cool car. Well, I have a cool car and I wish my Dad were here today so he could see that he was right (again). If these kids would buy V8 cars and put a few bucks into them they would have bragging rights. I can't go anywhere without some douche in a Civic or Saturn doing flywheel-inertia burnouts wanting to prove how fast his car is. It may be peppy around town but it won't flatten your eyeballs all the way to 80MPH.

Bluerauder
03-12-2008, 06:12 AM
So I was patrolling the local boards today and saw that one of the signatures read, "turbo lag is gods way of giving V-8's a chance."
What happens on the Honda Boards ... Stays on the Honda Boards. :P

SILVERSURFER03
03-12-2008, 06:37 AM
let me slip off of the 4cyl vs. v8 well sort of it seems amazing to me the you can take a v8 add 2 turbos and achive 1183hp and 1094ft-lbs sweeet.( ssc ultimate aero tt ) then go 256.19 to hold the record as the fastest car in the word/ now i'd like to see a honda 4cyl do that. for the fact next closest car is 1001hp 4turbo's 10 radiators and 16 cylnders built by vw ha. how do you like that---- the u.s. with it's own super car

Spectragod
03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
If all they have is a "turdblo" emblem, does that count as well?

SG

arejayesss
03-12-2008, 09:36 AM
let me slip off of the 4cyl vs. v8 well sort of it seems amazing to me the you can take a v8 add 2 turbos and achive 1183hp and 1094ft-lbs sweeet.( ssc ultimate aero tt ) then go 256.19 to hold the record as the fastest car in the word/ now i'd like to see a honda 4cyl do that. for the fact next closest car is 1001hp 4turbo's 10 radiators and 10 cylnders built by vw ha. how do you like that---- the u.s. with it's own super car
Actually its a w-16 engine

SILVERSURFER03
03-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Ooops Fixed It Nice Call