PDA

View Full Version : iPod holder for car use

Eric91Z
03-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, since I got a new iPod for my birthday from my family and since the radio in the car is iPod ready, I figure it is time to start using it in the car.

For those of you that use your iPod in your car can you post up the following:

1) What kind of holder is it?
2) Where did you get it?
3) Please provide a picture of how you have it mounted

All input appreciated.

Thanks,

Peace2Peep
03-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I have one that runs to my stereo and I had the harness(from radio) run up the tranny tunnel and into the center console. There was just enough room to mount the http://cgi.ebay.com/BRACKETRON-IPM-202BL-BLACK-DOCK-CRADLE-MOUNT-FOR-IPOD_W0QQitemZ320219147435QQih Z011QQcategoryZ84082QQrdZ1QQss PageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m 118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
universal ipod mount by screwing it into the forward(closest to the dash) part of the inner console and still be able to close the console. It barely fits but is a perfect fit and holds the unit securely. DO NOT put your ipod in the dash...glove compartment i you plan on leaving it inthere during hot days for even a few hours. Your ipod is a small computer and extreme heat hitting the dash will shorten its life or even break it! That is why the center console is awesome for this. I will post pics when I get home.

arejayesss
03-14-2008, 02:34 AM
I have the Avic D-3 with the optional iPod cable. This cable hooks directly to the rear of the head unit and feeds through to the glove box. I control the iPod via integrated head unit controls. I just leave my iPod in my glove box all the time and forget about it. I likey!!

ImpalaSlayer
03-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I have the Avic D-3 with the optional iPod cable. This cable hooks directly to the rear of the head unit and feeds through to the glove box. I control the iPod via integrated head unit controls. I just leave my iPod in my glove box all the time and forget about it. I likey!!

i have something similar but dont know how to use it. i ihave a cheap jvc headunit

Eric91Z
03-14-2008, 01:45 PM

I guess before I go buying anything I should find out first if the iPod can be controlled through the Alpine head unit or if you actually need to access the iPod itself.

If I can control it through the head unit then I would just plug it in and put it in the glove compartment. It would not be used all the time and during the day it would be in here at work with me since I listen to it most of the day.

Aren Jay
03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I was looking at the Ford Flex at the car show yesterday and they list it as having a music storage device for 29000 songs.

So my question for you download music people, if you pay for your MP3, do you have to pay for it everytime you put it in a new player?

rumble
03-14-2008, 05:28 PM
One thing you might consider:
I just bought a new 08 Passat with the built in I pod player in the glove box.
Works great for an I Pod but my I phone is just large enough that the glove box lid won't close.

My point? Make sure your set up is flexible so as technology changes you can still use it.