PDA

View Full Version : Attention..Attention.. Attention..

Blk Mamba
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Do You think that if 50 Marauders ran out of gas in front of the Capital building in Washington D C that, it would get some Attention?? It would cost me 150dollars just to get there and back home, but if we all got together and staged a "sit in" maybe we could get some news coverage. I don't mean really run out of gas, just shut the cars off in every lane, and stop all traffic from moving till some one "went" to get us gas. If we're thretened with towing, we can always move. We have to do something so that our lawmakers see that we are not going to stand for anymore of this.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

FordNut
03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
What is it you want to prove?

Ken
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
What is it you want to prove?That all of those owners were stupid enough to waste a boatload of cash to complain about the high cost of fuel. :banghead:

Did I miss something? :dunno:

Ken

Haggis
03-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Don't forget to send me a postcard from Gitmo.

BruteForce
03-13-2008, 04:45 PM

I hear they have a lovely gift shop.

Raudermaster
03-13-2008, 04:50 PM
We'd probably all get shot or taken out.

TiTo35
03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Do You think that if 50 Marauders ran out of gas in front of the Capital building in Washington D C that, it would get some Attention?? It would cost me 150dollars just to get there and back home, but if we all got together and staged a "sit in" maybe we could get some news coverage. I don't mean really run out of gas, just shut the cars off in every lane, and stop all traffic from moving till some one "went" to get us gas. If we're thretened with towing, we can always move. We have to do something so that our lawmakers see that we are not going to stand for anymore of this.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

I work on capitol hill...there will be no towing of vehicles...lets get that str8...Capitol police are BORED...let me repeat...BORED...you WILL get shot and I am not BSing you. I drive my MM by the capitol everyday and they look at me like I am the police or the enemy...now imagine if I were to just stop in the middle of the...or WE stopped...not good...I think its a better way to get...hold on...what point are you trying to get across? Gas too high? LoL what are the ppl in the capitol going to do? Tell you to ride metro and by a more fuel economic car.

SILVERSURFER03
03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
we get a pass to protest then we pull 50+ cars then they can't do a damn thing. other than that i'm up for it

MarauderMark
03-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Just 50 marauders being there may do the trick.

DOOM
03-13-2008, 05:26 PM
umm... nevermind

Starman
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Yea, the gift shop where you Git Mo for your money. :banana2:

sailsmen
03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Get an appointment with or write your Senator and Representative. No general philosphy stuff it does not work. You have to tell them how to vote as in "vote to open up ANWAR" or "vote to prevent states from stopping oil exploration on paid for Federal Leases".

If you did a sit in at Green Peace or the Sierra Club that would have a bigger impact.

Motorhead350
03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm game, but look into it. I'm not going to jail for just sitting in the street.

Haggis
03-14-2008, 04:25 AM

ROTFLMAOPIMP...:rofl:

BigCars4Ever
03-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Umm...isn't the US a free market economy? What do you want the government to do? At best they could release the US oil reserves and effect a temporrary price reduction. The US is finnaly catching up to the rest of the world for gas prices. I'm not happy about it but it was inevettible. Get a hybrid.

GODFATHER
03-14-2008, 04:40 AM
50 BLACK ONES ONLY W/ DARK TINT :beer:

Haggis
03-14-2008, 04:45 AM
We have the technology to make both gasoline and diesel from coal and that we are the, OPEC, of the coal producing countries. It is about time we start using the resourses we have in our country until sometime better comes along. We need to stop giving our money to OPEC and other oil producing nations and start standing on our own two feet.

Breadfan
03-14-2008, 05:03 AM
We have the technology to make both gasoline and diesel from coal and that we are the, OPEC, of the coal producing countries. It is about time we start using the resourses we have in our country until sometime better comes along. We need to stop giving our money to OPEC and other oil producing nations and start standing on our own two feet.

Gordon is right, it's getting time to start using our own resources. For the longest time it's been fine to deal with OPEC because lets be real the price of gas and oil wasn't that bad. Why dry up our resources when for a good price you can pump all the oil out of the middle east?

Once it becomes economically unfeasible to use up someone elses resources we can start tapping our own of which we have alot.

And as for Europe, we're not catching up to their gas prices - we don't have a big magical spell that keeps gas prices comparatively low here, we just don't tax our way to $6/gallon like some others do.

High-C
03-14-2008, 05:10 AM
I think we should all sell our Marauders, buy hybrids, meet on the Capitol Mall, and form a drum circle... I hear that Haggis belts out a kick-a$$ Coombaya!!! Then we can car-pool north and save all of the baby seals... :lovies:

Egon Spengler
03-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Full cavity searches for the first 50 people to "run out of gas" in front of the capitol!!!

Breadfan
03-14-2008, 05:29 AM
I think we should all sell our Marauders, buy hybrids, meet on the Capitol Mall, and form a drum circle... I hear that Haggis belts out a kick-a$$ Coombaya!!! Then we can car-pool north and save all of the baby seals... :lovies:

Sorry I can't go, I was banned from save the baby seals events after I showed up with buns and mustard...

;)

Was for a ham sandwich of course but they wouldn't listen...

Badger
03-14-2008, 06:02 AM
I guess bring the bat to that seal event got me banned too.

SC Cheesehead
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Get an appointment with or write your Senator and Representative. No general philosphy stuff it does not work. You have to tell them how to vote as in "vote to open up ANWAR" or "vote to prevent states from stopping oil exploration on paid for Federal Leases".

If you did a sit in at Green Peace or the Sierra Club that would have a bigger impact.

Umm...isn't the US a free market economy? What do you want the government to do? At best they could release the US oil reserves and effect a temporrary price reduction. The US is finnaly catching up to the rest of the world for gas prices. I'm not happy about it but it was inevettible. Get a hybrid.

Yep, Economics 101. It's all about supply and demand. If we started sourcing more of our petroleum from domestic resources (e.g. ANWAR, off-shore wells), the price of crude would drop, and soon to follow, the price of fuel.

Asking the government to place price controls or sanctions is only going to make the situation worse. Let the free markets work.

JMO.

SCCH

MarauderTJA
03-14-2008, 07:30 AM

Naw, don't think so. I'll just ride my Harley more. Gets 40 MPG!

Bluerauder
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
... and stop all traffic from moving ....

This happens every day between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM in the DC area. No one would even notice. Just another Day in Paradise. ;)

Motorhead350
03-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Coal is actually really bad for the enviroment. Sure we have plenty of it, but it'll make the greenhouse effect worse and make it more difficult to breathe.

vkirkend
03-14-2008, 09:39 AM
The days of cheap gas are over. Sorry.....

ParkRanger
03-14-2008, 10:19 AM
How bout 50 MM's parked in a circle around Mobil's headquarters and then all start spinning/smoking tires at the same time. Then all slowly retreat in reverse (like indians on a mesa) with loadspeakers blaring, "We'll be back!"

GODFATHER
03-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry I can't go, I was banned from save the baby seals events after I showed up with buns and mustard...

;)

Was for a ham sandwich of course but they wouldn't listen...
:beer::lol:

Aren Jay
03-14-2008, 12:57 PM
We could take 50 Smart Cars but then they could send out 3 big guys and they could just move the cars.

What is your point? Gasoline costs money, and Marauder burn lots of Gasoline. You bought a Marauder not a Prius so you are Stupid! when you complain about gasoline costing so much?

I don't care how much Gasoline costs, I drive about 5000miles a year and if I can't afford 5000 miles I will instead drive 4000 miles a year. I'm not complaining aobut gasoline prices, I like high Gasoline / oil prices. Keeps my house price up, here in the oil capital of North America.

I don't mind if Oil hits $200 a barrel. Sure truckers will have bad jobs but this will mean less China made stuff and more local manufacturing. Also mean more Electric trains and transport of goods by train. Same with the Fedex and other courier trucks that are either hybrids or electric only now.

Nuclear power, Solar power, water/hydro power and wind power are all we need. Getting rid of coal is a great Idea, I like that too.

$10 a Gallon gas will mean that I can drive down the street without so many damn cars on the road, except for the hybrids and electrics. And I will be blowing them away at every light and smiling even more than now.

So why do you want to protest?

Bigdogjim
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM
How bout 50 MM's parked in a circle around Mobil's headquarters and then all start spinning/smoking tires at the same time. Then all slowly retreat in reverse (like indians on a mesa) with loadspeakers blaring, "We'll be back!"

Exxon and Mobil are now one.

dfjkl
03-20-2008, 09:59 PM

Hahaha...that's a funny one. The US "Free Market" is a myth. The big secret is the amount of corporate welfare that exists...which directly screws us. There is NO reason gas should be as high as it is when the last energy bill gave SUBSIDIES to the fuel companies....

$10 a Gallon gas will mean that I can drive down the street without so many damn cars on the road, except for the hybrids and electrics. And I will be blowing them away at every light and smiling even more than now.

So why do you want to protest?

While some of the thoughts behind the reasoning are nice (we do need better developed alternative energy sources)...in day to day driving what you'll just end up with are electrics across all lanes holding you back (as the true road rage'ers show their true colors, y'know, the passive/aggressive jack-asses that do all they can to specifically impede your progress).