PDA

View Full Version : New G8 Arrived today

gmtech
03-17-2008, 04:08 PM
my dealer got our first Pontiac G8 and i got to PDI it:P...nice car feels real stable at high speeds, six speed auto stick has very low first and pretty low second gear and very quick on accel from a stop!!!!! It definitely would:flamer: my MM...but its not my MM....would still pick my MM over it...all and all its nice but it didnt have the same feeling i get when im side-ways in my MM:burnout:

Raudermaster
03-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see some close up's of the inside. What's the price on one of these anyway?

gmtech
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
31,995 was sticker..GT w/ 6.0 engine, remote start, bun warmers, T/C, navigation everything but the optional 19 inch wheels (this one had 18's)...it was white with black leather...and let me tell you when i bought the MM people told me the exhaust was too quiet and wimpy, well this car had no tone at ALL... the G5 GT next to it with a 4 banger was deeper sounding...exhaust would be first mod for sure,,,stupid electronic throttle i couldnt break the tires loose from a stop even w/ T/C off...could easily get it sideways on turns

Rocknthehawk
03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
That must be with a premium. Motor Trend listed the gt as under 30K

Breadfan
03-18-2008, 06:55 AM
This car interests me greatly, I hope it depreciates as fast as most Pontiac's I'd like to find a nice price on a used one sometime in the future. ;) So it comes as a 6spd automagic with manual shift mode, or a 6psd true manual?

Eric91Z
03-18-2008, 08:14 AM
This car interests me greatly, I hope it depreciates as fast as most Pontiac's I'd like to find a nice price on a used one sometime in the future. ;) So it comes as a 6spd automagic with manual shift mode, or a 6psd true manual?

I agree. I would definitely consider selling off the '03 CVPI and picking up a used G8 (preferably second model year to avoid most issues) as my daily driver.

BigCars4Ever
03-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Don't forget, the platform is a couple of years old for Austrailia. They have had the Zeta platform long enough to work out the kinks. This will most likley be a solid first year car.

jimlam56
03-18-2008, 09:32 AM

I believe a 6 speed manual is due out in a year or two. I'll be looking at the el camino version of this.

SMOKE
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I'd like to see some close up's of the inside. What's the price on one of these anyway?

From an article in this month's Motor Trend:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/G8inside.jpg

They did a head to head with an SRT Charger. Good read...

Their G8 GT listed at about what gmtech describes as being on his lot.

Next page in MT is this nice little article:

LINK (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0804_tuner_mustang_compari son_test)

Maybe when money comes back into style I'll have a better use for this article than just a dream comparo on what to plunk my cash down on...:(

Jonathan

ImpalaSlayer
03-18-2008, 10:29 AM
im not a fan of them. looks too much like the six

Breadfan
03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
im not a fan of them. looks too much like the six

Marauder looks too much like a GM :P

Might be a good sleeper effect for the G8 :)

2,4shofast
03-18-2008, 11:40 AM
All GM's look alike IMO... Post some pics and enjoy the new ride!

Eric91Z
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
I believe a 6 speed manual is due out in a year or two. I'll be looking at the el camino version of this.

I like GM's new interiors for the last year or two. IMHO, they are much nice than either Ford or Dodge interiors. And while the 6 speed manual would be a lot of fun, I would still go with the 6-speed Auto-stick for my daily driver. Especially since with a remote start which it looks like you can get from the factory now.

dohc324ci
03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
NICE! I hear the G8 GXP is coming out next year with the hotter 6.2 Liter 425HP motor or possibly the LS7! Only option this year is the 3.6L V6 and the 6.0 V8.

gmhightechperformance.com

QWK SVT
03-19-2008, 10:31 AM
I like the looks, and (from what little I've heard) the performance of the G8... GM Canada is really behind, and doesn't have pricing or availability dates, yet, so I haven't seen one in person, yet (not that I can afford one, just buying a house).

offroadkarter
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
I think they are really cool, hopefully i can look at one if the local Ford lincoln mercury cadillac buick pontiac gmc chevrolet dealer gets one in :D

I know my brother is in the market for a new car, i think this would be better of a charger R/T

MarauderVOL
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I was on Pontiac's website last night. Looks like a G8 GT sport edition (Leather, 6sp auto, sunroof, 19in. wheels) will run about $32,745. Pretty good for a car with 361hp and 385 ft/lbs of torque that's loaded up and I also like the looks of the car but my Marauder isn't going anywhere. If I was in the market i'd give it a strong look. Props to GM for bringing us a RWD V8 to the market. I also did a google on the Pontiac GXP and wow i'm impressed.

Kennyrauder
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I bought a Grand National brand in 87. 6 Grand in warranty work in 3 years. We parted company with no love lost.Generous Motors made a real peice of junk then & I still think they haven't changed. My buddy boght a Buick Rendezvous & has been left with a peice of junk at 36 K miles. He is really pissed. It is falling apart in his driveway as I speak. They deserve to go under.

offroadkarter
03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
They deserve to go under.

Ford and Chrysler will before GM ever will, sorry to dissapoint

Aren Jay
03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Much like the current mustang this appears to have no knee room either.