PDA

View Full Version : Lets Not Get Dirty...

Blk Mamba
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Just post what you "WILL NOT EAT!!!!"

1.) Lima Beans
2.) Butter Beans
3.) Anything like lima beans, or butter beans.

:puke:

2,4shofast
03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Mushrooms of any kind. Cant do it.

MERCMAN
03-18-2008, 04:11 PM
veal(love it, but have problems with how it gets to my table), beets, brussel sprouts, kale, turnip greens. :puke: Sweetbreads(pancreas), pigs feet, and all of the above as well.(except for mushrooms)

whoskal
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Anything that is associated with tomatoes

fastblackmerc
03-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Any kind of liver.

UncleLar
03-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I agree with MERCMAN on veal.
I couldn't gag down cucumbers or cole slaw.

Bluerauder
03-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Just post what you "WILL NOT EAT!!!!"

:puke:

1. Escargot (I ate 3 once .... never again). You're right .... it does have a "T" at the end. :o
2. Raw Oysters (had 5 of them on a dare once ... that ain't happening again).

Funny, I have no problem with Butter Beans (traditional with Thanksgiving dinner), Lima Beans, Beets (I prefer them pickled), or veal (I developed a real taste for Weinershnitzel in Germany). Liver and onions was a favorite meal when I was growing up. I'll eat mushrooms on pizza ... but no where else.

de minimus
03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Turnips, prepared in any way. The most disgusting way is the traditional "tatties & nips" which I had to endure all through grade 3. Disgusting.

Windsor58
03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Turnips, prepared in any way. The most disgusting way is the traditional "tatties & nips" which I had to endure all through grade 3. Disgusting.

Did you have The Haggis with those tatties & nips? Of course, with The Haggis, one must have Scotch...

As for me, I think black pudding is at the top of my don't eat list. Been there, done that and thats that. Never again.

Aren Jay
03-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Opiates they do not agree with me.

MarauderMark
03-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Anything that is associated with tomatoes

Any kind of liver.

1. Escargo (I ate 3 once .... never again).
2. Raw Oysters (had 5 of them on a dare once ... that ain't happening again)..

Did you have The Haggis with those tatties & nips? Of course, with The Haggis, one must have Scotch...

:tongue::razz::puke: And i'm sure there will be more added.

Black_Noise
03-18-2008, 10:44 PM
liver, insects, and a slice of swiss cheese plain (i have eaten american cheese by the slice plain, but when i tryed swiss.... oh got i ALMOST puked)

DOOM
03-18-2008, 11:59 PM
chitterlings

Mike Poore
03-19-2008, 04:53 AM

I love turnips RAW, but can't stand 'em cooked.

When I was a kid, folks lived well, but were not as well off as everyone, these days. We, like everyone we knew had one car, always used, but lived on a single income. We had gardens and ate simple but nutritious meals named: breakfast, dinner and supper.

It wasn't unusual to have a brick of SPAM with cloves stuck in it with a mustard sauce slathered over top, and baked. It served a family of four.

Now, to the turnips. They were dirt cheap, usually home grown, and used as potato stretchers. Mom would boil them, cubed, along with potatoes and and some canned corned beef. I was a master at picking out those disgusting turnips. You could see the little white veins running through them, and to my sensitive young nose, stunk to high heaven. Some of the kids I knew, who's families had even less than us, employed even more turnip stretching at their meels, and one neighborhood kid, as I recall, had his pants legs dipped in kerosene and tied at the ankles, so the cut worms wouldn't get him.

LordVader
03-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Since I read all the posts my list is getting longer:

Beets
Liver
Chitterlings
Raw Oysters

jimlam56
03-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Beets and olives. And that's it.

ParkRanger
03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
That long slimy stuff in sushi restaurants

QWK SVT
03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
In no particular order...

Cow Tongue (asians love it)
Liver (from any animal)
Meat that has not been cooked
Shrimp (even though I love lobster, crab, clams, mussels, etc, I can't stand shrimp of any kind)
Squash and turnips
Anything that was fed to contestants on Fear Factor

2,4shofast
03-19-2008, 10:15 AM

How could I have forgotten that!:puke:

Dr Caleb
03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I must be strange, because I'll eat almost anything. It doesn't even have to be dead yet.

When I hunt, I take a fry pan and onion with me. After gutting a moose, I'll take a slice of liver, build a fire and eat it there and then. Roasted heart of moose is probably the best meal ever.

I like almost everything listed. I'll eat veal, but only free range veal. Mmmm Schnitzel. :drool:

Never watch 'Fear Factor' so I don't know what you guys mean. But if you're talking stuff that was never meant to be 'food', then I probably wouldn't.

Haggis
03-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Monkey brains..have any of you seen the video 'Faces of Death'. :banned:

offroadkarter
03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
anything with the word "nut" in it. Including the butter from peanuts most commonly known as peanut butter

Blackmobile
03-19-2008, 11:30 AM
chitterlings

I think they miss-spelled the word!:D

When I was living with my EX, I used to watch that series of movies to cheer me up. Life was rough back then, and I had to see someone else worse off than me.

MarauderMark
03-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Oh Yeah..All of them..
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/emd/605424697.html

Blk Mamba
03-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I went to a culinary school, became a chef, I also lived in La. for many years, and I'll bet there's a lot more things that all of you wouldn't eat. Things called blood sausage, crayfish, capibara, and I haven't even gotten out of the"C" yet. BTW what was on Fear Factor I don't consider food.

Windsor58
03-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I went to a culinary school, became a chef, I also lived in La. for many years, and I'll bet there's a lot more things that all of you wouldn't eat. Things called blood sausage, crayfish, capibara, and I haven't even gotten out of the"C" yet. BTW what was on Fear Factor I don't consider food.

Blood sausage is good, Crawfish is great (got some crawfish tails in my freezer right now), never had capibara, though. I'd try it at least once.

Bluerauder
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Blood sausage is good ...
Oh yeah, I did the Blood Sausage (Blutwurst) thing once on a field exercise in Germany with the Lithunian Labor Service folks. It was sort of a ritual to get into the beer tent .... I got in. :D Took almost 3-4 :beer: to get rid of the taste.

Not too fond of Calimari either ... especially when they look exactly like fried onions rings ... boy was I mistaken. :puke:

TiTo35
03-19-2008, 05:02 PM

I just goggled a capibara...WOW...if it was cooked and I had not known I think I would eat it....but if I am aware....NOPE...poor little guy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capibarahttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/http: en.wikipedia.org=</img_src="http:>

TiTo35
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, I did the Blood Sausage (Blutwurst) thing once on a field exercise in Germany with the Lithunian Labor Service folks. It was sort of a ritual to get into the beer tent .... I got in. :D Took almost 3-4 :beer: to get rid of the taste.

Not too fond of Calimari either ... especially when they look exactly like fried onions rings ... boy was I mistaken. :puke:

I like calamari...Depends on from where though!

Blk Mamba
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Capibara, is also known as Nutri-Rat, the worlds largest rodent, and is eaten as much as alligator tail in parts of the south. The French will eat almost anything, proof being frogs legs, escargot, crawfish, etc., (BTW who runs the spell check, where escargot is not right.)

Blk Mamba
03-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Calimari is too rubbery if not cooked right, Escargot also.

Aren Jay
03-19-2008, 10:38 PM
In no particular order...

Cow Tongue (asians love it)
Liver (from any animal)
Meat that has not been cooked
Shrimp (even though I love lobster, crab, clams, mussels, etc, I can't stand shrimp of any kind)
Squash and turnips

Cow tongues taste good though. Had this in Tokyo, it was great.
Tako (this is Japanese for Octopus) Sushi. Also had this in Japan.
Shrimp, mmmhh Shrimp.
Turnip, I guess you wouldn't like my Turnip soup.
I agree with the last one only.

Aren Jay
03-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh and I won't eat Head cheese.

I'll take a pass on Blood Pudding too. Especially the non sausage versions.

Spectragod
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
The list should be, what WILL you eat, probably much shorter lists.

SG

larryo340
03-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Seafood that had legs of any kind

Most vegtables

Liver

COLD pizza

sd8683
03-21-2008, 07:17 AM
I will not even touch tomatoes, olives or eggplant

Vortex
03-21-2008, 08:02 AM
No meat that "tastes just like chicken". (Ill eat that when they run out of chickens.) No meat that had a function besides muscle. Nothing that ever had tentacles. No cooked okra, eggplant, zucini, spaggetti or beets. Very little mayo. That is all.

j4s
03-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Green eggs and ham

Blk Mamba
03-22-2008, 03:59 AM
You're one of the quiet ones aren't you. (6 posts in 4 years?)

hot-rauder
03-22-2008, 02:48 PM
liver
tongue
heart
anything but the meat of the animals i wont touch.

onions i willnot do.

i have a long list of food allergybut to odd stuff like barley and soy so it is kinda irrelevant.

i HATE absolutely will not ever touch the most vile substance on earth.. KETCHUP CATSUP or any variation