PDA

View Full Version : Pass Time

Breadfan
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Has anyone else seen this show on SPEED? It comes on at 730pm and I think it's reshown around 11 or 1130pm.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/pass-time/

Neat show...it's a game show format at the drag strip. They have one guy who is an expert, and two contestants. They see each car, get to ask the driver one question each, and then have to guess it's ET. Closest gets the cash. Winner gets the full $2000, if hte expert wins the house keeps the cash.

They run about 8-10 cars each show. It's addicting to guess along with them and see if you're close.

They've run some cool cars. The one tonight it was cold out and everyone ran slow, the cars weren't all that hot and nearly everyone was on street tires or first time racers. But in past episodes they have had some sweet cars running.

They had a 600hp EVO with 30lbs of boost and all it could muster even with AWD was a 13.something :rolleyes: I lost that one I've seen Evo's run in mid 11's, still with all the boost and AWD still pretty weak if you ask me.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/11/pass_time_gets_green_light.php

Raudermaster
03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, me and my Dad watch it all the time. They have some pretty cool street cars, they usually end up having a full out blown car strictly for the 1/4.

ImpalaSlayer
03-18-2008, 07:36 PM
i do like the show.

Pops
03-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I also like it. It fun to guess what the cars will do. They need to ask better questions so they get more information!

SILVERSURFER03
03-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Did You Say You Want To Be On The Show..it Would Be Cool To

Get A 10sec Car All The Way To A Stock Car That Would Confuse The Experts

Do An All Mm Show Hahahahhaahaha

Breadfan
03-19-2008, 06:20 AM
I'd enjoy being on it, would be cool to see a MM on it too. Right now they only seem to do the show in AZ, maybe if it becomes popular they'll travel to different tracks like PINKS does.

It's more than just guessing what the car will do, you have to think about the temperature, track condition, and how the drivers act to know if they'll reach the cars potential or not.

03slickvic
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
past time is way better then pinks! cool show! i am hooked! lol

ImpalaSlayer
03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
they had an evo on it last night with cams and exhaust only ran a 12.9 dude must not know how to drive