PDA

View Full Version : My car's in the shop, again.

Long Live #3
08-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Yesterday my car went in so the guys at LINK AUTOMOTIVE could look at the carb this morning. My dad said they have to check it when it's cold. They're also checking the alternator pully. The belt is always popping of at the most inconvient of times, like sitting in the right turn lane at Roselle and Wethersfield and while I was comming home from Crystal Lake.. I was thinking the pully might be too small. I'll let you guys now what happened when I get the car later this afternoon.

MAD-3R
08-13-2003, 08:15 AM
while I was comming home from Crystal Lake

And Jason didn't get you? Thats would have been a perfet time. Car dies, and BOO, he gets you.

:lol:

Long Live #3
08-13-2003, 08:39 AM
He would've never had a chanse against me. I'd kick his arse in no time. :p

I spent a good part of 2 hours fixing that belt.

Long Live #3
08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
I just got back from Link Automotive. I need to replace a dog-bone bracket. They messed with the choke a little bit and it runs better than last time. The carb is still on there. They also tightened the alternater. That belt ain't comin' off any more! I'm going to a BBQ at the township. Looking forward to your replys!

prchrman
08-13-2003, 11:06 AM
not too tight I hope...bearings...

Long Live #3
08-13-2003, 02:14 PM
It wasn't REALLY tight, but just enough to keep the belt from falling off. I'm even getting good gas milage :D