PDA

View Full Version : Need help with side view mirror

JeffsMM
03-20-2008, 12:26 AM
The passenger side view mirror was broken when I bough the card. The base portion which the mirror portion snaps onto has a couple of the snap prongs broken. I bought a used entire mirror. It is Silver birch and mine Black. I am totally stumped as to how to remove the mirror from the base on this one (Since the prongs are not broken)
<o:p> </o:p>
I am sure there must be a way, only other thing I can think of is to have the new (Used Mirror painted). Any one familiar with this?
Thanks

JMan
03-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Jeff,
The mirror cap (the painted part) just snaps on. If you gently pop the mirror off of your old assembly, you'll see the clips there. Replace the entire mirror assembly but change the cap over from your old one.

HTH

J

RoyLPita
03-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Jeff,
I'll help you with this on friday.

DOOM
03-20-2008, 03:58 AM
What he said. It just pops right off. A buddy of mine replaced the one on his silver birch with one from a dtr and couldn't be any happier.

Mike Poore
03-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Just remember to use the correct grease on those clip/tab/plug-in thingeys. Also, be sure you save the extra ones, because new ones are not supplied with the replacement parts. My recollection is it cost ~$60 from the parts counter. They put exact installation procedure instructions in the box, since putting the mirror into the plugs takes some finesse, as doing it wrong will surely crack the new mirror. Take Brian up on his offer to help.

JeffsMM
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Got it fellows, thanks. One hour total and looks good and works good.