PDA

View Full Version : Go Get The May Issue Of Muscle Mustang And Fast Fords

Black_Noise
03-23-2008, 10:23 AM
thats just nuts that the may issue is out on shelves already but....

On page 92 there is a white crown victoria housing a 5.4L with an eaton m112 supercharger and a 5 speed manual, wearing marauder wheels and gauge pod. Very nice car!

thought i would point it out.:drive:

Starman
03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Yea it is sweet. The owner is on CVN. Nice to see a write-up in that mag on something besides a 'stang, not that I don't like them.

bob6364
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Nice project indeed

Krytin
03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Seems I've seen this before (not the same car) - 2000CVPI w/ mildlly built Lightning 5.4 w/Whipple S/C. Can you say Mad Max. Do a search on this site for Mad Max for some nice pics and videos of it in action.

252life
03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
http://images.musclemustangfastfords. com/features/mmfp_0805_crown_03_z+2000_ford _crown_victoria+front_view.jpg

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_0805_2000_ford_crown_vict oria/index.html

Black_Noise
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
i like the 5 speed swap, but that would be a butload of work im sure

2,4shofast
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
They did a pretty good write up on it too! Very nice:eek:

ImpalaSlayer
03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
can you say :burnout:

Spectragod
03-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Certainly a cool toy.

SG

Merc220A
03-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Very nice...would love to drive it!

MERCMAN
03-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Hmm,,,,, those front wheels look somewhat familiar :up:

SILVERSURFER03
03-24-2008, 05:49 AM
sweet would like to see an MM done that way

rayjay
03-24-2008, 06:27 AM
http://images.musclemustangfastfords. com/features/mmfp_0805_crown_03_z+2000_ford _crown_victoria+front_view.jpg

Now I understand how they fit the 5.4 under the hood.

Raudermaster
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
thats just nuts that the may issue is out on shelves already but....

On page 92 there is a white crown victoria housing a 5.4L with an eaton m112 supercharger and a 5 speed manual, wearing marauder wheels and gauge pod. Very nice car!

thought i would point it out.:drive:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!!!:party:

Raudermaster
03-24-2008, 11:38 AM
On a side note, Sal should have really been the one to get recognized, not this guy...

Aren Jay
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Certainly a cool toy.

SG

To me that does look like a 12th scale model.

Bradley G
03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Widened Marauder wheels and monster cowl hood(reverse vent), that would be my next move with that Panther. way cool conversion!
I second the ^^ I wanna try it!

offroadkarter
03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
On a side note, Sal should have really been the one to get recognized, not this guy...

Sal sold his car to greek god, plus sal didnt write into MM&FF for this to happen ;)

Raudermaster
03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
True he didn't write in, but he started it. He should have, or someone should have for him.

quickcrownvic
03-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

True he didn't write in, but he started it. He should have, or someone should have for him.
Yes, Sal was the first to do a Lightning swap, and yes, Madmax should have a magazine feature, but what can I say? I took the initiative and made things happen. I have no doubt that if Sal had been bugging the editors like I was, he would have gotten a feature. I do feel Sal should have recognition for being the first to do a Lightning engine swap, but do I feel he deserves a magazine feature over me because he was the first, no way, absolutely not. I've poured my heart and soul into this car, all of my time and money, all my knowledge, lying on my back in the garage until 5 in the morning every night, then being at work at 9 am. In my opinion, thats what getting a magazine feature is about.

TooManyFords
03-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Absolutely! Congrats on the Feature spread.

Paint the tubing white to match the car, now that would be cool!

Cheers!

John

Raudermaster
03-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Yes, Sal was the first to do a Lightning swap, and yes, Madmax should have a magazine feature, but what can I say? I took the initiative and made things happen. I have no doubt that if Sal had been bugging the editors like I was, he would have gotten a feature. I do feel Sal should have recognition for being the first to do a Lightning engine swap, but do I feel he deserves a magazine feature over me because he was the first, no way, absolutely not. I've poured my heart and soul into this car, all of my time and money, all my knowledge, lying on my back in the garage until 5 in the morning every night, then being at work at 9 am. In my opinion, thats what getting a magazine feature is about.

Relax pal, in no way was I slamming you. You have my utmost respect for pulling two swaps off like that (motor and trans.) You kind of sound like an ass with this though, "but do I feel he deserves a magazine feature over me because he was the first, no way, absolutely not. I've poured my heart and soul into this car, all of my time and money, all my knowledge." How do you know Sal didn't go through the same thing? What makes you better than him to say that?

hidperf
03-25-2008, 09:54 AM

I read the article. Nice car. Couple of questions for you.

1) Why didn't you go with widened marauder wheels in the back?

2) Did you have any issues with the engine physically bolting in, besides the obvious hood clearance?

3) Do you have anything where us dreamers could see your progress, like a photo journal online?

quickcrownvic
03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry if I'm sounding like an ass, I don't think i'm better than Sal, i'm not saying he doesn't deserve recognition and i'm certainly not saying I deserve it more than him. I'm sure his swap was just as difficult as mine. All i'm saying is I think I deserve a magazine feature just as much as he does.

It's just that when I read this, I felt a little like WTF because of what i've gone through to get the car to this point. But if that's your opinion, than that's your opinion. I may disagree with it, but the only thing I can do is accept it.

mpearce
03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Dude,

You car is awesome, and it was a pleasure reading about it in the May issue. I was very happy to see a big car in there for once, and some of the Mercury Marauder references. That thing must be a blast to drive, it looks mean, and I can't immagine launching at the track in first gear!

Way to go, and congrats on your accomplishment.

-Mat

quickcrownvic
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I read the article. Nice car. Couple of questions for you.

1) Why didn't you go with widened marauder wheels in the back?

2) Did you have any issues with the engine physically bolting in, besides the obvious hood clearance?

3) Do you have anything where us dreamers could see your progress, like a photo journal online?

I had four Marauder wheels on the car at one point. Back when I had the factory engine with cams, nitrous and so on, I wanted a lighter wheel and tire package for the rear. Thats why the Draglites came in and it's been that way since. I've thought about doing four Marauder wheels again, but i'm unsure.

As far as the engine bolting in, If you use the factory Panther motor mounts, it bolts in. You have to make a dent in the Lightning oil pan, the exhaust doesn't match up, intake pipe.... It's a lot of pain in the neck annoying stuff.

For some pictures I have my supermotors page: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/11342
I'll be updating the page soon with more pictures and a full modification list.

Raudermaster
03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry if I'm sounding like an ass, I don't think i'm better than Sal, i'm not saying he doesn't deserve recognition and i'm certainly not saying I deserve it more than him. I'm sure his swap was just as difficult as mine. All i'm saying is I think I deserve a magazine feature just as much as he does.

It's just that when I read this, I felt a little like WTF because of what i've gone through to get the car to this point. But if that's your opinion, than that's your opinion. I may disagree with it, but the only thing I can do is accept it.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I truly do appreciate your hard work and making another Panther badass, I just wish more Panther owner's got more recognition in magazines like that, and not just the obvious Ford cars. :beer:

MarauderTJA
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Car is really sweet. Nice to see a fast Ford in MMFF. Congrats:up: Some other things are in the planning stages at this time for the magazine as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

Krytin
03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Car is really sweet. Nice to see a fast Ford in MMFF. Congrats:up: Some other things are in the planning stages at this time for the magazine as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

I hope they'll have some good coverage of us at Carlilse this year!!!