PDA

View Full Version : I'm blessed!

Donald
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Just got a letter from my dealer. Says they are in need of quality pre-owned cards like my 2003 Mercury Marauder. All they ask is for 18 minutes of my time.

Gee, wonder what I could get for it? :lol:

Aren Jay
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Ask for a 400BHP Flex.

hdwrenchtx
03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
your not gonna fall for that scam right?

it is a quality pre-owned car until they give you a value for it

just trying to get people into the dealership to sell cars cuz sales suck right now

:beer:

Aren Jay
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Subaru would give out letters with guaranteed levels of resale. 80% of Retail after 2 years, for trade in value.

For a rare car like a Marauder, who knows you might get lucky and get something slow.

SC Cheesehead
03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Just got a letter from my dealer. Says they are in need of quality pre-owned cards like my 2003 Mercury Marauder. All they ask is for 18 minutes of my time.

Gee, wonder what I could get for it? :lol:

Yeah, my wife got one from her dealer for her '06 Escape Hybrid.

I told her we needed to run down and see what kind of deal we could get for it against a Mustang GT.

You prolly don't want to know her response......:bop1:

SCCH

LordVader
03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Got one of those before, figure it was just a marketing ploy to get you in to look at the new rides!!! Sorry, I like the one I have, maybe in a few years I'll add a Mustang.

Black_Noise
03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
them bastys send me stuff about my suburban i never had (it was a tahoe) and they have sent me stuff about my mustang ( i assume the MM) cause i have never had a mustang.

fastblackmerc
03-26-2008, 09:18 AM

I told her we needed to run down and see what kind of deal we could get for it against a Mustang GT.

SCCH

Did it hurt?

SC Cheesehead
03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Did it hurt?

It weren't pretty.:o

SCCH

Blk Mamba
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM

SCCH

I must have married her twin sister!!

dfjkl
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I never got a letter...but I did actually listen to an add for Green Chevrolet in Peoria, IL...they advertised invoice value on trade-in on cars within the last 10 years. I was like "ok, we'll bite"...so we stopped in w/ the '96 T-Bird. Suddenly there are "age deductions" and "mileage deductions"....and instead of the 14K or so I was expecting to hear...we're talking about maybe $3500. I was like "false advertising some?" Then they tried to get high pressure....we walked...wasted enough time at that point. They are mostly all liars. Car dealers tend to be of two categories....nice or crooked. Doesn't really seem to be any in-between.

jgc61sr2002
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
IMO most dealers try to steal your trade.
Give you a lowball #.

PonyGuy
03-28-2008, 03:43 AM
I just received a card from a dealer almost guaranteeing to sell me a new Ford/Mercury, and actually LOWER my car payment!!

I wonder how that works?

I paid cash for my car... my payments are zero... :rolleyes: