PDA

View Full Version : If someone other than Ford brought out a

Aren Jay
03-27-2008, 01:04 PM
...Marauder like car. Big Muscle car with a great engine that sounds and looks the part, would you switch, or does it have to be a Ford/Mercury/Lincoln?

CKMustangCobra
03-27-2008, 01:56 PM
There are plenty out there.

Chevy Monty
Chevy Impala
Mercedes CLS (CLS63AMG is my dream car)

Just depends on the $$$ and ones personality I guess. I loved the Marauder and I couldn't afford the Mercedes..... :)

Eric-Blk2004
03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
All I have to say is 300 SRT8 thing is perfect or the CTS V

Hell I even like the magnum SRT8....Dodge is really kicking ass in terms of the muscle car world...too bad Ford shares are 4 bucks a pop...

freakstatus
03-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Pontiac G8 and Charger SRT-8

freakstatus
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/interceptorcon_02.jpg

Paul T. Casey
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
...Marauder like car. Big Muscle car with a great engine that sounds and looks the part, would you switch, or does it have to be a Ford/Mercury/Lincoln?

You mean like the G8 GT? I could pull the trigger there, maybe.

Eric-Blk2004
03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Thats the concept interceptor that Ford wants to make. I am not sure where they will get the money to build it...

Maybe when they get bought like Dodge. Mercedes defintely shot much need cash into Dodge - hence all the Hemi's and new designs.

Bobmiddle
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I am not sure where they will get the money to build it...
They just sold jaguar and land rover for 1.something billion But I doubt they will reinvest that into a big gas hog like the interceptor with everybody complaining about gas prices.

J D
03-27-2008, 04:30 PM
What I was looking for was a Big American car with the right looks, and rarity to boot, and that was exactly what I found in the MM, although a coupe would have been perfect.

Hell, I was more of a GM guy than a Ford guy when I started looking, and I considered some of the late model and classic impalas or eldorados, but the classic look, yet modern feel of the MM tipped it. Also the fact that I admired the Crown Vic and Grand Marque look and roominess that I always like from the time I rented one played a part.

But to stay on topic, I would have bought the MM from GM or Chrysler, but I draw the line at the cheaper to maintain, and easier to work on domestics, and wouldn't have bought it from a euro or asian auto maker.

Blk Mamba
03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^What He Said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

freakstatus
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Not sure how well the Interceptor will do....its very 300c'ish looking.

burt ragio
03-27-2008, 04:54 PM
If I didn't have such a bad ass marauder all of 281 cubes I would probably go with a charger STR8 in orange with black leather interior.

finster101
03-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Ford has absolutely nothing new that I like.

2,4shofast
03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Im a big fan of the new Mopar big bodies but I dont care for any of the GM products.

Eric-Blk2004
03-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I agree with most stated. The euro and asian designers are tailored to the small car medium sized with fuel economy and "fun factor" to drive.

I think dodge right now is staged to be the big of the american 3 - if it can turn larger profits(way to many cars offered, thank god they killed the nitro/magnum).

GM is just running its self into the ground and hopes Toyota or some euro company will step in like Benz did for dodge. Have you seen how many Gx's there are? G6 G5 G8 G8 sport G8 sport truck....rediculous. A car company doesnt need 5 sedans - all with 8 cyclinders.

Bring back the Bird and Maro and call it a day.

Bigdogjim
03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
As for size nothing else is close. Other are 3/4 the size, no room for a "Big Dog"

Last one I owned was a 1970 X-100 when I was 19:)

33 years is long time to wait...........

quota
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
If FORD makes the Interceptor last concept, I would go for it.
Otherwise, I would be thinking about a MGM or a Town Car with S/C...

Nothing in GM nor in Chrysler that I like.

JP

sd8683
03-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I would love to get my hands on a new challenger

Raudermaster
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Chevy's so called "american muscle" cars are far from it. V8 and FWD, no thanks. Only car I would consider would be a 300C SRT or the G8 really.

JamesHecker
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury guy allthe way! However...I might be turned for the new Challenger.

PonyGuy
03-28-2008, 03:58 AM
When Ford builds the Interceptor Concept, or anything close to it, for sale to the public, beer's on me...

Ms. Denmark
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The S and the D class Caddy's are roomy and quick. The STS is not bad looking, but still not quite the Marauder attitude. Mr. Man likes the new Challenger but is waiting to see if they put a 6.4L in it. Rumors, rumors, rumors.....

Aren Jay
03-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Chevy's so called "american muscle" cars are far from it. V8 and FWD, no thanks. Only car I would consider would be a 300C SRT or the G8 really.

The New Caddy's are RWD. Except maybe the Deville.

Now I'm not talking about who makes a fast car would you buy it, but if someone made a LARGE Muscle car. As big as the Marauder and not FLM would you buy it? I don't know if the 300C is all that large. It is very close, but it isn't much larger than the last Firebird, although I suppose it is a sedan... It does not have the room of a Marauder on the inside. (I for one can't see out of the 300C, my 04 Subaru Legacy had more inside room)

Now I guess the Jaguar XJR is a big car. And a very fast car, stock or otherwise. The Super V8 likewise. Bit pricey but used they depreciate nicely. Not as big as the Marauder but very roomy. But then they are still FLM, untill Tata comes up with their own designs.

Other than the Towncar, all other modern cars are just mid. sized or smaller, on the inside if not the outside.

Yes there is the Roller, Bentley and Maybach, but they are not mass produced. The BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Audi's are available in the L form, but that is just a stretched midsized car. Even the Jaguar is just the largest of Mid sized.

So the question is does a Marauder need to be Mercury or Ford/Lincoln to be the Essence of Maruader and thus something we would drive?

I'm thinking to the Fictional work of Allan Dean Foster in the Story "Why Johnny can't speed" with the Big Caddy Marauder. Could I drive a Big RWD Caddy Marauder?

Eric-Blk2004
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
So...no one mentions the charger? The SRT8 verison is pretty nice...

Closet thing to a muscle car is all from dodge these days - and some caddys.

Thats just the way the market is going - sure ford sold land rover and jag but whats their debt. Every car they make is debt at this point it seems - how many new Fords have you seen? Espcially since the trend for new cars are AWD and small engines with gas mileage.

I personally would like to see forgein investors step in and buy out Ford so that they would have the cash to bring back a real mustang - I hate the new style. And bring back the muscle from their side.

But in terms of muscle cars the general had the lead in the past. All I need to say is Olds 442...

MarauderVOL
03-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd look real close at the Pontiac G8 GXP (402hp) and then the the Charger SRT8.

OO91
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd take a interceptor (concept, not cvpi) based Marauder any day.

Windsor58
03-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I might be tempted by the G8 GXP with a supercharger, but it would be close between that and a Town Car hot-rodded by Dennis Reinhart. I have owned a pretty good mix of cars over the years (foreign and domestic), but I keep coming back to FLM. The last few non-FLM vehicles that I have owned were big disappointments.

Aren Jay
03-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I might be tempted by the G8 GXP with a supercharger, but it would be close between that and a Town Car hot-rodded by Dennis Reinhart. I have owned a pretty good mix of cars over the years (foreign and domestic), but I keep coming back to FLM. The last few non-FLM vehicles that I have owned were big disappointments.

I have to agree with you there.

Canadasvt
03-29-2008, 09:02 AM
If I didn't work at Ford I would certainly take a closer look at the Charger SRT8, but then again it's only a Dodge :rolleyes:

Big House
03-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Nothing...plain and simple nothing. Dodge will be dodged at all costs. I would drive a 2004-2007 M5 if I could afford it but that is it. If not that, my Marauder is still good enough for me.

freakstatus
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I'd look real close at the Pontiac G8 GXP (402hp) and then the the Charger SRT8.

Check out post 4...:burnout:

mrjones
03-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Had the opportunity to set in a G8 yesterday in the Pontiac display at the NHRA nationals in Houston yesterday. It was a nice comfy car, even though the seat seemed to be jacked up and not all the way back. Not the best position for my fat butt. It seemed to be worth a further look.