PDA

View Full Version : what is a Ford Farley?

Aren Jay
03-29-2008, 11:38 PM
It may be farly or farrly or farely

I can't find anything on a Ford Farley.

I think it was a ford, I know it was a Farley.

What is it?

Hacklemerc
03-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Fairlane? Possibly?? Neve heard of a Farly.

BAD MERC
03-29-2008, 11:44 PM
You're thinking of Chris Farley. He's dead.

larryo340
03-30-2008, 04:14 AM
You're thinking of Chris Farley. He's dead.
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
http://www.death2ur.com/Chris_Farley.jpg

Bluerauder
03-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I can't find anything on a Ford Farley.

What is it?
Maybe it is a reference to Jim Farley who took over global marketing & sales for Ford back in November 2007? :dunno:

DETROIT, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.(F.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Friday that Jim Farley, the automaker's new global marketing and communications chief, will also oversee U.S. sales and marketing operations.

Farley, a long-time Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T: Quote, Profile, Research) executive, will replace Francisco Codina, who recently retired from Ford, the automaker said.

Ford named Farley in October to head global marketing and communications as the automaker attempts to stem a costly decline in U.S. sales.

Farley, who had been with Toyota for nearly two decades, is credited with getting the Japanese automaker's popular Scion youth-oriented brand off the ground in the United States, and was most recently group vice president and general manager of Toyota's Lexus division.

Ford, which lost its No. 2 spot in the U.S. market to Toyota this year, is working to hold its overall share of the U.S. light-vehicle market at about 14 percent. It is also shutting 16 plants and cutting more than 50,000 jobs to sustain profitability.

Farley will lead Ford's U.S. sales and marketing operations, while integrating and overseeing the company's marketing and communications activities worldwide, Ford said.

Farley will report to Mark Fields, Ford's executive vice president and president of Americas division, on U.S. marketing and sales operations. He will also report to Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally on matters relating to global marketing and communications.