PDA

View Full Version : Resetting door code

Master
03-31-2008, 07:39 PM
So, having bought a used car, I need to reset the door code. Unfortunately, to accomplish this the procedure requires that I know the original factory code. I don't know the original code. Is there a work-around?

Raudermaster
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Remove the driver door panel. Some have said it's on the trunk on a sticker, but some have it, some don't. It should definately be on the driver door.

Aren Jay
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Check on the module under the glove box, it unsnaps and slide down. You need to get down on the floor to see the module, there may be a sticker on it with the door code. Or one of the hinges in the truck on the trunk lid may have a code on it. Or There might be a card in your manual. Or There may be a code on one of the A pillars under the trim. (not sure how you check this)

If all else fails there is a code on the back of the module inside the door. You need to remove the inner door panel to access and see it.

I have tried everything and can't find the code, I need to take my door apart, will have my mechincs do this next time I take it in.

It would be nice to know the code as it would be impossible to lock the key inside with it. It sure beats breaking a window.

Marauderjack
04-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Most CV's I've had and my Marauder had a sticker on the outside of the left trunk hinge....IN CLEAR VIEW TO ANYONE PASSING BY WHILE THE TRUNK WAS OPEN....REAL BRIGHT FORD!!!:mad2::argue::shake:

I removed mine and placed it inside the left hinge and farther up!!:beer:

Check and see if it is there??:cool:

If not perhaps a dealer can get it for you from your VIN number!!:help:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Marauderman
04-01-2008, 05:08 AM
..... it would be impossible to lock the key inside with it. It sure beats breaking a window.

.............actually , it is possible...........if the battery should go down/out or dead........you will not have power for the door combo --and thus left out in the cold...ask me how I know---happen on a '95 CV I had and still applies.....as you need power for the door combo to work...........so keep this in mind........Tom

Master
04-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I leave keys elsewhere about several orders of magnitude more often than I have a battery go dead, so that is more like my worst case scenario.
Sadly, this is a 2005 F-350 and has no trunk to look in. Sounds like it may be the door panel or the module (which I hope is accessible). Barring that, I wonder if the shop can give me the code based upon the VIN?

Egon Spengler
04-01-2008, 08:58 AM
If all else fails there is a code on the back of the module inside the door. You need to remove the inner door panel to access and see it.

Be careful... they might put a camera or a mic in your car so they can listen and see what you are doing and where you are going... Some guys might now where you bring your car and will pay your mechanics to bug your ride... WATCH OUT!!!! http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/images/smilies/secret.gif

Master
04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Um, yeah. I spend a lot of time worrying about that...:rolleyes:

Egon Spengler
04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Um, yeah. I spend a lot of time worrying about that...:rolleyes:

He thinks that people are coming down his chimney and putting cameras in his home and he thinks they brought coffee into his house and stained his walls... PARANOID!!!

Master
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you...

Egon Spengler
04-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you...

HE THINKS THEY ARE!!!!

JMan
04-02-2008, 04:27 AM
So, having bought a used car, I need to reset the door code. Unfortunately, to accomplish this the procedure requires that I know the original factory code. I don't know the original code. Is there a work-around?

Without looking it up, I think the F-series have the door module right above the parking brake pedal. It should have a small white tag (1.25" x .5") on top with the five numeral default code. You will need a small mirror to see it though. Maybe one of the Ford Techs will chime in to corroborate. Maybe the dealer you purchased it from will read it for you? Those stickers are installed at the dealerships, so they could be anywhere!

HTH,

J

Master
04-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Couldn't find it there, nor behind the glove box. Good idea, though. If its put on at the dealership then it would surprise me to find it behind a door skin. Can't imagine they'd go through that trouble for every car.

Spectragod
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
The dealer can run an OASIS on it, an retrieve the # that way as well.

SG

larryo340
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
The dealer just needs to plug into the OBD II connector and select the proper section on scan tool to go into to retrieve the code.

Aren Jay
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they found the bug that is already in there.

What else might you put in or do while the door panel is off? Is there any reason to put a LCD panel in the door?