PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Texas

derik
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm visiting my son in College Station from Saturday 4/5 to Tuesday 4/8. He wants to take me to Austin and asked what I want to see. Frankly, since I've never been there, I have no idea. I know about the bats under the bridge, but other than that are there any "don't miss" places that I should see?

Thanks in advance.

dreydin
04-02-2008, 09:51 AM
6th street! just go there around 11-2:30am! :D

SID210SA
04-02-2008, 09:53 AM
If you can make it to San Antonio...only 45 minuets away in a Marauder...there is plenty to see here.....the Alamo...the River Center, The River, the Tower of America, Hemisphere plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, the many beautiful parks, Car Shows every weekend....In Austin....I dont know much to see there except the Capitol building, 6th Street, and the river where the bats are...

dreydin
04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
If you can make it to San Antonio...only 45 minuets away in a Marauder...there is plenty to see here.....the Alamo...the River Center, The River, the Tower of America, Hemisphere plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, the many beautiful parks, Car Shows every weekend....In Austin....I dont know much to see there except the Capitol building, 6th Street, and the river where the bats are...
^what Sid said :beer:

vkirkend
04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm visiting my son in College Station from Saturday 4/5 to Tuesday 4/8. He wants to take me to Austin and asked what I want to see. Frankly, since I've never been there, I have no idea. I know about the bats under the bridge, but other than that are there any "don't miss" places that I should see?

Thanks in advance.

Houston....:lol:

Aren Jay
04-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Houston....

Has that space centre.

Personally i would go when I could go to a ball game there.