PDA

View Full Version : Randy's Belt pics

arejayesss
04-04-2008, 06:19 AM

Heres one, I'm working on resizing them.

arejayesss
04-04-2008, 06:21 AM

One more

arejayesss
04-04-2008, 06:23 AM

Sorry, I don't have an image resizer, and I don't know how to do it very well:rolleyes:

FordNut
04-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Looks like maybe a smaller idler pulley is needed?

magindat
04-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Heres one, I'm working on resizing them.

That's the wrong pulley!!!!

magindat
04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I've been helping him by phone. Pictures are worth a thousand words!!!

Thanx for your help, Ryan. Can you enlarge the 3 in your 2nd post?

The pulley shown should be behind the blower bracket and there's one that's only about 1.5" diameter that belongs there.

Hopefully they are just swapped around!!!

That would also explaint he clearance issue behind the bracket he was talking about!!!!

Hopefully, it's that simple!

magindat
04-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Get rid of that gatorback and get a gates. It'll shred on ya.

ts-pa
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Randy, it looks like you bought junk, send to me ;)

arejayesss
04-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanx for your help, Ryan. Can you enlarge the 3 in your 2nd post?

?? How do i do dat? I do not have any picture programs here at work. Is there something I can use online?

magindat
04-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Here we go...

The idler I see in the blower bracket by the alt is the wrong one. Should be like this:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/3.jpg
Then there should be a little biddy idler like this (looking at the blower mount 'flipped over')...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/1.jpg

Then the belt should route like this...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/2.jpg
Based on our talks and this picture, I think FORD IDLER and IDLER are swapped.

magindat
04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
The pulley you need is inthe parts bag we discussed.

Zoomed in from my install...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/IMG_0055.JPG

Still looking for the part number.

magindat
04-04-2008, 08:28 AM
The small idler pulley is missing. I KNEW this kit would need the parts bag!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41331&highlight=procharger

Still small change in the big picture.

Part number: 3-FC-BB-003 from ATI ProCharger.

magindat
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
And for the record, I'm not slammin or flamin anybody. Posting this in public for record keeping and searchability. Other PC kits will change hands. If this helps another, then it's worth posting!!!!

KEEP YOUR FLAMES TO YOURSELF!!!

magindat
04-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Another view...

Local Boy
04-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Got the parts on order...

Thanks ALOT Rich, you are a God's send!!!

ALOHA

magindat
04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
The deal is this: That parts bag is a single line item. There is no checklist for what's IN the bag. One could look at a 'kit' and see bracket - check, various screws, studs, parts - check. Since there's no checklist for what's IN this single part number bag from ATI, no one can be 100% sure everything is there.

Randy will end up with a few duplicate parts. Better too many than not enough.

Of note: I've been very involved and have made a friend. Fact is, so many have helped me and I've learned this kit well. Randy's over there with no help at all. I'm obliged to help a ProCharger Marauder brother. Karma says: pass it on!!!!

I have spoken with both Jarod and Zack in the past regarding this kit and both have been very honest and provided as complete information as possible.

There are no hard feelings with anyone.

Local Boy
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I must agree also ^^^ with the above sentiments expressed...

There are NO hard feelings here...I don't believe anyone intentionally meant for this to happen...This is the reality that comes with buying a USED kit...One must expect these kinds of things to happen, and be willing to take on such a challenge. I knew full well what I was getting into...

To Jarod...You have been upfont and totally honest about this from the start...I DON"T BLAME YOU...You couldn't have known unless you actually installed one...As much times as I examined the parts and refenced it with the instructions (over 100X's)...I still did not catch this major part...

Our friendship remains intact, and will continue to be solid...

To Zack...I certainly don't blame you either....You tried your best, and that is all I have asked from everyone here...Our friendship also remains intact, and will continue to grow...

No worries everyone...It's just a matter of time before the parts arrive, and I'll be on the road again...

And thanks alot Ryan, for the posting of my pics...I still can't get that (posting pics) working...

Thanks for everyone's help and support...Particularly Rich...I love you man!

ALOHA

Dragcity
04-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Island Style Man.

Island Style.....

sailsmen
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I am so dissillusioned to now realize the World is not perfect and so many will newer reach the level of perfection I have.:bigcry:

magindat
04-04-2008, 11:35 AM
...level of perfection I have.:bigcry:

:eek:

:puke:

Dayum, Billy!!! :shake:

Local Boy
04-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Just to clarify...

These photos and subsequent conversations were with repect to helping me through a road block...

I needed to get Rich pic's of my problem, but can't seem to get it work ...So, I put the pic's in photobucket, so someone could go get it and post it for me...

Ryan was nice enough to help me out, and get those pic's up so Rich could see it...and it was ALL UP HILL from there!!!

Rich provided the part # ...Ordered the part...Problem Solved...

God, I love this site...

This was the process of solving a problem, and NOT finding fault...

ALOHA

ts-pa
04-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Fellas, I hope that my joke about "junk" didn't cause any tension amongst you. Please accept my apologies if it has.

I did not have anything in mind other than to say, "send it to me real cheap", as in this might be the only way I can get a power adder. Nothing else implied in any manner.

I'm glad to see that the problem was solved. Looks like good info to have on this forum.

arejayesss
04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I was glad to help in any way possible. Good luck Randy.
Your Friend

Liana

Zack
04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Just checking in....
I sent a BRAND NEW IDLER PULLEY to Jarod.
If its not there, its not my fault!

Raudermaster
04-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Never got it Zack....The last thing you sent me was the coolant resovoir tank, and that was it. It's not your fault though, I'm the one who sent the kit to Randy, not you, so you're not to blame. I'm not going to let a little part like this come between myself, Zack, Rich and Randy. Randy I apologize that you had to order it. Like you and Rich have said though, I've had NO knowledge of the Procharger setup, or any setup for that matter, and did not see this part. If you would like me to re-imburse you for the cost of the bag Randy, I'll PP you right now.

Egon Spengler
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
NOW THIS IS A BELT!!!
http://manolomen.com/images/Zegna%20nappa%20belt.jpg

sailsmen
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I am more interested in how you got the car to run w/o it.;)

I try to check packing slips whenever I get something in parts.

Many items have that as the first sentence in the instructions.

No packing slip and who knows what's missing.

I once bought a new in the box Sony CD Carrosel. It was in the right box but 2 models down. Sony said impossible, I said nothing is imposible. Fortunately the dealer swapped it out.

Raudermaster
04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Dude, lay off, it was used, NOT NEW. Butt out, would ya?

sailsmen
04-04-2008, 08:44 PM
If your post is directed at me I am not going to "lay off" because I am not "laying on" anybody. Nor am I going to "But out" of a forum for the use of members on mercurymaraduer.net.

I am not a party to any of these transactions, nor do I wish to be.

I am curious as to how the car was able to run, perhaps it did not and was only mocked up.

I am also curious as to wether or not vendors are selling comlex multi part kits with out a packing slip. It's very easy for a vendor to put one together and that would make life easier for everyone.

I posted the world is not perfect and that SONY one of the leading consumer giants messed up on packaging a product.

If you are this sensitive about what happened then perhaps some introspection as to why will help you find out why.

Raudermaster
04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
It didn't run, he was installing it. This kit wasn't brand new, nor was it when I purchased it off of Zack, so how could this be a vendor issue?

sailsmen
04-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I am not interested in "fault".

I am merely making a general observation that it is helpful to check a packing slip upon receipt.

I am also making a general suggestion to any and all vendors selling complex multipart items include a packing slip and that members should ask for a packing slip.

I can recall several vendors posting their paking slips for their kits in the past.

It could also be useful to future purchasers of a Marauder.

Local Boy
04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Sailsmen you are right...Though it was I, that over looked this essential part...I'm still installing it...The car did not run...

Like I shared earlier...This was a sucsessful attempt to rectify a problem I had...Not to find fault...

ts-pa it's "OK", I thought that's what you meant...No worries...

Thanks everyone...

ALOHA

magindat
04-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I am merely making a general observation that it is helpful to check a packing slip upon receipt.

Billy, as stated above, the missing item is part of a 'bag' which is a single line item. It would have been impossible without Procharger's internal packing list to know if the item was missing.

I was NOT privy to ProChargers internal packing list any more than anyone else. I simply took a picture of what came for me NEW to help verify the number or items behind this one line item.

There is no fault or blame. It's an oversight so-one really had control of.

The point of this thread was NOT to assign blame or locate the root of the problem, but to help Randy get the car running and to document for future USED ProCharger kit owners.

sailsmen
04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
My point exactly when buying a new or used multi part system ask for a packing slip, hopefully the vendors packing slip will include or contain the packing slip from the suppliers they are using.

An exhaust system was recently sent using bolts for an older version. This was pointed out here so that subsequent recipients can check their kit before they have their car disassembled and to notify the vendor to have the correct bolts sent out.

I believe the primary purpose of this board is the exchange of information and that was the sole purpose of my comments.

If anyone is sensitive to this being discussed then I suggest they look inward as to why, the answer certainly isn't in this thread.

Local Boy
04-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Sailsmen, your point is well taken...Thank you

ALOHA

magindat
09-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I KNEW I would need this someday. My idler pulley MELTED. Guess the bearings went south.

blazen71
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
I replaced the bearings after a year in the idler pulley. About $10 each.

Local Boy
09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Ahhh the memories...:)

Let me know if you need to serial #'s Rich...

I can dig it up for you...

Got my replacement bearings from City Mill (Hardware store)

Aloha

Marauderjack
09-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Get one from Billetflow and forget the bearing problems!!!:beer::bows:

http://billetflow.com/

magindat
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Get one from Billetflow and forget the bearing problems!!!:beer::bows:

http://billetflow.com/

Jack, I was hoping you'd weigh in. Got any part numbers or prices?

BTW, when I called ATI, they acted like this was normal and common. :confused:

Marauderjack
09-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Jack, I was hoping you'd weigh in. Got any part numbers or prices?

BTW, when I called ATI, they acted like this was normal and common. :confused:

Just call Doug Holloway and tell him you need the PC idler....I think it was $65.00 shipped.....about the same as the PC one but 10x the quality!!:bows:

BTW, when he prototyped the one in the photo I posted he centered it so the bearing load would be even...the PC one is off center relative to the belt....another plus!!:beer:

He made 100 of them so he should still have a few.....:D

magindat
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Just call Doug Holloway and tell him you need the PC idler....I think it was $65.00 shipped.....about the same as the PC one but 10x the quality!!:bows:

BTW, when he prototyped the one in the photo I posted he centered it so the bearing load would be even...the PC one is off center relative to the belt....another plus!!:beer:

He made 100 of them so he should still have a few.....:D

I will call him Monday! Thanx!

Did you use your Procharger aluminum bushings? Mine are melted.

I see what you mean about centered load. it looks like mine burnt up from one side to the other and bent the shaft bolt.

Marauderjack
09-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I will call him Monday! Thanx!

Did you use your Procharger aluminum bushings? Mine are melted.

I see what you mean about centered load. it looks like mine burnt up from one side to the other and bent the shaft bolt.

Yes Rich.....PC bushings are what I continue to use....they sent me a free pair and a bolt when I complained about the idler.....give it a try or ask Doug if he has them??

Good Luck!!:beer: