PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Eric-Blk2004
04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Here is Ford's new ad marketing ploy idea whatever:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/04/news/companies/bc.mi.ford.driveone.ap/index.htm?postversion=20080404 17

Thoughts?

Raudermaster
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
This explains the "Drive One" I was on their website and it's plastered all over it, had no idea what it meant. I assume it's for the better, you should see their new airbag system.

Eric-Blk2004
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Does it come with more MPG or better styling? :)

Ford needs to define itself - and quick. Their cars look nice but a little all over the place.

UncleLar
04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Hmmm,sounds kinda familiar,"Have you driven a Ford lately".

Merc220A
04-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't think ford's problem is there slogan. They really need to get some new models and ground breaking designs out there. For example, the only new thing coming out anytime soon is the MKS and Ford Flex, they need to do more and quicker. Lastly what about the poor old Grand Marquis and Crown Vic PI's? They really need to update them or replace the design. It gets me so mad how they have neglected these two great cars. Now Ford is starting to loose the Police Market to Dodge. They better fight back!!

Vortex
04-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Saw the Flex at the car show, it reminds me a of a Divco Van. Honestly I dont see who would want one, its not much different from a Taurus X but with slab sides and a white roof (a la Mini).

Eric-Blk2004
04-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree totally - I swear they are just letting the company free fall and hope that some automaker swoops in to buy up their stock and inject cash into the company.

Seems to be the trend.

Aren Jay
04-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Quite simply: Ford should sell F-series and Mustangs.

Mercury: Taurus, Sporttrac Exploders.

Lincoln: Town Cars and Navigators.

Bring out a Marauder series Towncar.

Simple solution make six different cars and trucks that sell like hotcakes. Don't make or sell anything that you can't compete with.

Small cars! Let Mazda sell them.

Use 4.6L and 5.4L hybrid engines.

Make all the cars 4WD all the time or AWD on demand but RWD normally.

Forget diesel as it is no longer affordable.

Give Volvo the Fusion.