PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Car Show Impressions

Vortex
04-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Just got back from the 2008 Dallas Auto Show and thought I would post a few thoughts if you are interested. Looked at everything and to me these car shows are like Disneyland, seeing everything all at one time, all shiny and clean. I like going during the weekday because there are less people. Anyway, me a a buddy of mine checked out everything and agreed the "Best in Show" was the black 2008 Challlenger. Man, it looks nice and actually I think it looks meaner than the original (and I used to work at a dealership for a while when they were still selling the original!) Nice proportions, just the right amount of nostalgia. 2nd place I would give to the Pontiac G8 "El Camino" or whatever they are calling it. It looks really cool and is probably fast as hell. My 3rd place would be the G8 sedan. Its like a BMW 5 series for alot less money. I will say one car I liked alot was a shiny black Lincoln Town Car L Series. To me that is the perfect F-U car, its fast enough, super comfortable and is tried and true technology. Anyway, thats about it. Oh yeah, I always look at paint jobs and as usual the best were on the cars from Lexus. The worst I saw was a nice new silver Malibu; nice car but had the worst orange peel on the hood Ive ever seen on a new car. An embarrasment to put a car with that bad a paint job on display. Also, Ford had a new small show car on display (I think its a new Euro Focus) but there was absolutely no signage to say what it was. "Bad Move" by Ford.

Merc220A
04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
You can never go wrong with a Town Car!!

Aren Jay
04-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Towncars have less front passenger legroom than our Marauders.

Even the L.

jgc61sr2002
04-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Towncars have less front passenger legroom than our Marauders.

Even the L.

In NYC most Town Cars are limo's and the rear seat is where they need the room.

Aren Jay
04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
That is true. In some limo's they don't even have passenger seats.