PDA

View Full Version : Good weather - Track Tonight (Friday 8/15 6:30pm)

JerseyVics
08-15-2003, 12:26 PM
I was so disguisted with my results from the track last Wednesday that I thought I won't go till its freezing cold outside like in November... but my friend Charlie talked me out of it so hopefully tonight I'll better Wednesday's races on street tires.

If anyone in the North West New Jersey, North East Pennsylvania or Southern New York State wanna go, by all means come meet up with us.

We're going to the only racetrack around where you can run over 15 runs for $20 bux and still have time to cool down the car and yourself. ISLAND Dragway www.islanddragway.com

I know this is short notice and don't expect everyone to make it, but if you find yourself bored tonight at least here's somehting you can do.... Keep in mind that even if you show up around 8pm you can still do 5 runs... you hear that Englishtown... FIVE FREAKIN RUNS!!!! grrrrr..... Anyway, come out if you want to race.

--Russ:)

JerseyVics
08-15-2003, 09:10 PM
man, once again should of stayed home!

the misery continues, one of the most recent mods I've added is actualy hurting my times. I am producing too much low end torque to the point that if I run like this again my tires won't last thru the winter... and am not getting any top end torque... anotherwords once my friend Charlie in a 2000 Crown Vic or Gavin in the 2003 Marauder beat me off the line, thats it, I had to stare at the ass of their car all the way to the finish line.

Out of the 13 passes I made today only 6 of them were in the 14's... best being 14.699 @ 95.01mph thats much worse compared to the last time I went to this track and ran 13 times, 11 of which were at least 14 second passes.

I'm not racing again anytime soon until this is figured out!

--Russ :(

JerseyVics
08-15-2003, 09:35 PM
yea we raced Wednesday Night at Englishtown, NJ its almost at sea level and very close to the ocean, we were all sweating bullets there. It was super hot and even more humid. The best we were able to run on Drag Radials was 14.4 @ 94mph

I think either my new metal intake or the Lightning heat exchanger is hurting my runs... the car was able to do 14.3 @ 95 on street tires before these mods. Now I overproduce Low End torque and have absoluely NO Top End torque.

What gives?

--Russ

PS. Its not too hot to race here because my friend Charlie ran his personal best in a 2000 Crown Victoria with Steeda underdrives 15.57 @ 88mph and my friend Gavin with a 2003 Marauder ran a new personal best of 15.76 @ 91mph!