PDA

View Full Version : Ford Future Forecast

Raudermaster
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2008/112_0806_ford_product_future

Interesting. I do like the sound of the Fusion with a V6 and Ecoboost. If it's made manual, I'm buying one.

OneBADLsE
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
A mustang without a v8???

They MIGHT AS WELL THROW NISMO ALL OVER IT!!!!!!

Eric-Blk2004
04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Glad see they are trimming the fat at ford. Mercury serves no purpose - just like Oldsmobile.

GM needs to cut Buick as well. I never understood why the American car companies had over 3 facets...you have the cheap, the luxury, and the um...cheap with leather? Come on.

offroadkarter
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Glad see they are trimming the fat at ford. Mercury serves no purpose - just like Oldsmobile.

GM needs to cut Buick as well. I never understood why the American car companies had over 3 facets...you have the cheap, the luxury, and the um...cheap with leather? Come on.

Its supposed to be a middle class bridge between the two.

http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2008/112_0806_04z+ford_future+2009_ lincoln_MKS.jpg

Is it me or does that look like a Pontiac with a Lincoln grille?

hot-rauder
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
lincoln needs to get its own image...it seems like it is trying to be Caddillac with more Japanesse styling.... not a fan.

quota
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
The disappearing of Mercury would deprive FORD of a middle-class level range, of a link between the "popular" (FORD) and the "expensive" (LINCOLN).
It is correct, though, that resurecting MERCURY could cost a lot...of time. I mean "time" as FORD could start building up for MERCURY a new dynamic image by importing some ready models from its european range. I am quite sure that the Fiesta, the Focus and the Mondeo could sell well in North America, if they are well promoted. GM is having the same approach with SATURN and I think that it starts paying.
Further, I really do not understand how FORD would justify the cancelling of MERCURY when VW, FIAT, TOYOTA are all of them successfully selling 3 or more brands and covering all the niches and standards...!

JP

OO91
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Why doesnt Ford go radical and do some more "retro-futurisum" stuff? Remember the 49 concept?

de minimus
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Is it me or does that look like a Pontiac with a Lincoln grille?

Exactly what I was thinking....what an uninspired line up.

Merc220A
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
It be awesome if they built a Mercury Cougar based on the new mustang design....maybe bring back some muscle to mercury....oh hell they should just build Marauders for us..that be better!!!

96DiamondVIII
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Mercury is a dead man walking.
Lincoln is dying.
Leaving the Mustang lineup with no V8 option, even if the V6 does make 300+, is just plain wrong.

At this rate, in 10 years Ford will be a afterthought in the US. I'm not sure how well their European or heavy truck lines are doing...

Eric-Blk2004
04-10-2008, 03:48 AM
The disappearing of Mercury would deprive FORD of a middle-class level range, of a link between the "popular" (FORD) and the "expensive" (LINCOLN).
It is correct, though, that resurecting MERCURY could cost a lot...of time. I mean "time" as FORD could start building up for MERCURY a new dynamic image by importing some ready models from its european range. I am quite sure that the Fiesta, the Focus and the Mondeo could sell well in North America, if they are well promoted. GM is having the same approach with SATURN and I think that it starts paying.
Further, I really do not understand how FORD would justify the cancelling of MERCURY when VW, FIAT, TOYOTA are all of them successfully selling 3 or more brands and covering all the niches and standards...!

JP

The other mentioned companies have more revenue and income to handle 3 lines. Ford is not a big car company anymore and it is on its last legs. In order for the company to survive it needs to drop Mercury plan and simple.

GM's retool of Saturn failed as of recently. Sales are down and nice cars are sitting in the showrooms. GM is even taking a loss by selling the Opel Astra as a Saturn in hopes of bringing people into the dealerships. However, the car has negative reviews and will more then likely flop.

American car companies need to start to trim the fat and start focusing on what they need to do to sustain themselves in a highly competitive market. By removing V8's from mustangs they are ruining the cars image and appeal to its main consumer base. Instead of spending money on a turbo charged 6 - which will use just as much gas. Focus on making a multi displacement V8 that is fuel efficient and capable.

Just my two cents

hot-rauder
04-10-2008, 04:32 AM
The other mentioned companies have more revenue and income to handle 3 lines. Ford is not a big car company anymore and it is on its last legs. In order for the company to survive it needs to drop Mercury plan and simple.

GM's retool of Saturn failed as of recently. Sales are down and nice cars are sitting in the showrooms. GM is even taking a loss by selling the Opel Astra as a Saturn in hopes of bringing people into the dealerships. However, the car has negative reviews and will more then likely flop.

American car companies need to start to trim the fat and start focusing on what they need to do to sustain themselves in a highly competitive market. By removing V8's from mustangs they are ruining the cars image and appeal to its main consumer base. Instead of spending money on a turbo charged 6 - which will use just as much gas. Focus on making a multi displacement V8 that is fuel efficient and capable.

Just my two cents

Where did you get your Saturn info? Saturn is doing great comapred to its previous and the Opel Astra already is the new Saturn. look again;)

Eric-Blk2004
04-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Money.cnn.com - Saturn sales are down despite GM facelift.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/08/news/companies/taylor_gm.fortune/index.htm

Sorry...

Aren Jay
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
The Ford Flex is faster than a stock Marauder; 0-60, not sure about a 1/4 mile.

whd507
04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
glad I sold my ford stock, nearly penny nowdays