PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoff Time!!

freakstatus
04-11-2008, 12:15 PM
The toughest trophy to win in pro sports they say. Whos gonna win it? I'm going with the Sharks!

High-C
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
GO CAPS!!!:D

freakstatus
04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
GO CAPS!!!:D

Yes...Ovechkins on a tear. That guy single handedly brought hockey back to DC!

Grifter
04-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Gotta go Wild. yeah thats right. I'm a homer.
Really as long as Calgary, Anaheim, or Detroit dont win, I'm ok.

I went to my first Playoff game on Wednesday. That was awesome. We lost, but the atmosphere in there was fun to be around.

larryo340
04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Capitols took it all. Thanks to Ovechkin who really kicks ass. He is fun to watch. (not to start a debate, but Crosby just rubs me the wrong way) As long as the Rangers don't make it to the finals I'll be happy.

http://www.barrystickets.com/images/Stanley_cup.jpg

RoyLPita
04-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Go Penguins!!!!

RUSTY
04-11-2008, 05:21 PM
It's going to be the HABS

de minimus
04-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Penguins vs. Ducks in the final with the Pens in 7. Sorry about the Canucks Derek....maybe next year? Come to think of it, maybe they could win a championship if they moved to the AHL.

sweetair
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Capitols took it all. Thanks to Ovechkin who really kicks ass. He is fun to watch. (not to start a debate, but Crosby just rubs me the wrong way) As long as the Rangers don't make it to the finals I'll be happy.

http://www.barrystickets.com/images/Stanley_cup.jpgRANGERS all the way. Too bad the Islanders didn't make it in the playoffs, so their asses could get kicked by the RANGERS.

What have the Islanders done for you lately???:cool:

Hacklemerc
04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know... Devils? As long as the RedWings get bumped out. Hate the wings. I'm still burnt on the fact that the Blues took a giant flop the second half of the season.

freakstatus
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Penguins vs. Ducks in the final with the Pens in 7. Sorry about the Canucks Derek....maybe next year? Come to think of it, maybe they could win a championship if they moved to the AHL.

I'm expecting big changes in the lineup for next year...time to gut the team. But this year its gonna be the Penguins and Sharks in the final with the Sharks taking it in 6!

Pops
04-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Well for you Wing haters I think they can pull it off. They have been playing well and have a good line up. Hang on its going to be a long ride!

JMan
04-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Well, since the Lightning won the first draft pick in the upcoming draft and read below about my man Roberto, I get to watch everybody and not like any of them!

I'd be shocked if anybody from the East can hang with them!

Luongo and the defense choked when it counted! I hope the Ducks continue their crash!

I'm expecting big changes in the lineup for next year...time to gut the team. But this year its gonna be the Penguins and Sharks in the final with the Sharks taking it in 6!

Both teams are worthy, but this is the Cup, anything can happen - miracles do come true!

Well for you Wing haters I think they can pull it off. They have been playing well and have a good line up. Hang on its going to be a long ride!

See above quote John (The miracle thing)! It's whoever is playing the best right now. That might be the Sharks and the Caps. The league is full of wonderful young players right now (Price, Crosby etc.), it will be tremendous for years to come (Barring another strike)!

Good luck to all, I'll be watching from the sidelines! My $.02 American ($.01946 CAN).

J

sd8683
04-12-2008, 07:16 AM

Booooooooooohhhhh

larryo340
04-12-2008, 07:28 AM
RANGERS all the way. Too bad the Islanders didn't make it in the playoffs, so their asses could get kicked by the RANGERS.

What have the Islanders done for you lately???:cool:

^^They have brought in alot of young talent, Hell I've waited this long I can wait another couple years. What they accomplished by winning those four cups in a row will most likely never be done again by any team.:D

The Islanders are not like the Rangers........you know what I mean. Bring in guys in their last years of their playing career with the Rangers big money. Messier was great and without him the Rangers would NEVER have won that cup way back in '94. Gretzky "The Great Crybaby" :bigcry: was useless, and it looks like Jagr isn't much better. It took Jagr the whole season to start scoring give me a break!

Good luck and enjoy the playoffs while your in it, because the Rangers don't have enough talent to make it to the finals. :P

Pops
04-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Jman you are right. The talent pool has never been so good. We watch a lot of the other teams so we can see these kids play and it is great!

de minimus
04-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Derek, ignoring my insults takes a lot of the fun out of doing it.....Sharks are looking good.

freakstatus
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Derek, ignoring my insults takes a lot of the fun out of doing it.....Sharks are looking good.

Haha...I have a brother in law who likes to torment people (mild insults and jabs)...through the years I've learned that if I don't respond to his torments, he stops.

In your case I could just mention the Oilers but they have a lot of good young talent so if they don't make it in next year I'll be all over you then.

I want the Flames to win it all, but I think the Sharks have the best chance.

The cup will definitely stay in the West though....

MarauderMark
04-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Lets go Flyers lets go....

sweetair
04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
^^They have brought in alot of young talent, Hell I've waited this long I can wait another couple years. What they accomplished by winning those four cups in a row will most likely never be done again by any team.:D

The Islanders are not like the Rangers........you know what I mean. Bring in guys in their last years of their playing career with the Rangers big money. Messier was great and without him the Rangers would NEVER have won that cup way back in '94. Gretzky "The Great Crybaby" :bigcry: was useless, and it looks like Jagr isn't much better. It took Jagr the whole season to start scoring give me a break!

Good luck and enjoy the playoffs while your in it, because the Rangers don't have enough talent to make it to the finals. :PHow about Lindros? He should be on that list as well. Messier was a huge part of that team, with Leach, Graves, Tikinnean (sp?), Richter, Mateau, Bukeboom, and lets not forget McTavish.

I hear what you are saying, but I look at it like which team would most players want to be on, I say Rangers. So perhaps the Islanders don't attract the players. :D

Let me guess, you are also a Mets fan.

Let's go Yankees!!!!!!!!:coolman:

Aren't sports fun. Always prompting good conversation.:argue:

Cheers.:beer:

Haggis
04-14-2008, 04:52 AM
How about Lindros? He should be on that list as well. Messier was a huge part of that team, with Leach, Graves, Tikinnean (sp?), Richter, Mateau, Bukeboom, and lets not forget McTavish.

I hear what you are saying, but I look at it like which team would most players want to be on, I say Rangers. So perhaps the Islanders don't attract the players. :D

Oh Bill, you must be talking about the NY Oilers. Yes that's right because the Rangers could never have won that Cup with out all the ex-Oilers on that team. Sorry to break the news to ya, but Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exists.

Next time we need to sit down and have a conversation on what real rock'm-sock'm hockey is about.

Pops
04-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Thw wings are looking ok so far. I think tonight tells the story with them. Been also watching the Caps and they let down yesterday!

Loco1234
04-14-2008, 07:08 AM
PENS take it in 6...
I have the ability to see into the future....(very Limited)

Pops
04-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Loco I am with you on your call.

larryo340
04-14-2008, 07:15 AM
How about Lindros? He should be on that list as well. Messier was a huge part of that team, with Leach, Graves, Tikinnean (sp?), Richter, Mateau, Bukeboom, and lets not forget McTavish.

As sports goes I only like drag racing, and hockey.

I would add Leetch to the list as he was a great player, showed alot of class, and pretty much the only long time Ranger I liked.

My ex wife was a Ranger fan, some things just don't go together.
:beer:
By the way did you see what that piece of ***** Avery did last night against Brodeur. Waving his stick and hands in front of Brodeur during a powerplay for a long while not caring about the rest of the play at the time. Even a teamate skated over to him to tell him to cut it out. :shake:
Every team could use an instigator, but he takes it too far. It was like watching a school yard game with 9 year olds.

Oh Bill, you must be talking about the NY Oilers. Yes that's right because the Rangers could never have won that Cup with out all the ex-Oilers on that team. Sorry to break the news to ya, but Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exists.

Next time we need to sit down and have a conversation on what real rock'm-sock'm hockey is about.

:agree:Islanders fans have been saying for years "the rangers bought that cup, it wasn't earned"

Haggis
04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
:agree:Islanders fans have been saying for years "the rangers bought that cup, it wasn't earned"

And don't you forget it!!! Yea Bill I mean you!!

chader
04-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Haha...I have a brother in law who likes to torment people (mild insults and jabs)...through the years I've learned that if I don't respond to his torments, he stops.

In your case I could just mention the Oilers but they have a lot of good young talent so if they don't make it in next year I'll be all over you then.

I want the Flames to win it all, but I think the Sharks have the best chance.

The cup will definitely stay in the West though....

So if the sharks get knocked out first round,hypathetically...who do you think will take it???????????????go FLAMES go:beer:

freakstatus
04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
So if the sharks get knocked out first round,hypathetically...who do you think will take it???????????????go FLAMES go:beer:

Wow! What a comeback last night by the Flames! Down 3-0 and win it 4-3. It really is a whole new season!

chader
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Wow! What a comeback last night by the Flames! Down 3-0 and win it 4-3. It really is a whole new season!
I'm not making any promises but this is how things started in '04.......go FLAMES

Grifter
04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
The Flames, if they get past San Jose, will have to get past my Wild.
Colorado looked dead tired last night. Playing back to back games is going to be murder on the Avs. As far as I know, the NHL doesnt allow walkers and canes out on the ice to help the elderly Avs out. Although they may make an exception for Forsberg, they let him get away with everything anyway.

sd8683
04-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Well I'm a bruins fan and been watchin the playoffs between them and the canadiens, and I am very frustrated with the way the refs have been officiating the games their callin every little thing. Why don't they just LET THEM PLAY!!!

freakstatus
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
The Flames, if they get past San Jose, will have to get past my Wild.
Colorado looked dead tired last night. Playing back to back games is going to be murder on the Avs. As far as I know, the NHL doesnt allow walkers and canes out on the ice to help the elderly Avs out. Although they may make an exception for Forsberg, they let him get away with everything anyway.

Oops...those old men looked good tonight...(5-1 win)

Pops
04-16-2008, 06:41 AM
I wonder if the Dominater will be back in goal for the Wings tonight. He sucked in the last game! They need to bench the old geezer.

sd8683
04-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Well the poor bruins can't catch a break, they've outplayed the habs the past 3 games with only 1 win to show for it, and Carey price is awesome, I've never seen a goalie that's always in the right position to make a save, the bruins always run into a hot goalie in the playoffs. And if I hear that... Olay...olay song one more time I'm gonna rip my eyes out of the sockets

Raudermaster
04-16-2008, 08:31 AM
lol. Just keep saying, next year for the B's.

RUSTY
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Well the poor bruins can't catch a break, they've outplayed the habs the past 3 games with only 1 win to show for it, and Carey price is awesome, I've never seen a goalie that's always in the right position to make a save, the bruins always run into a hot goalie in the playoffs. And if I hear that... Olay...olay song one more time I'm gonna rip my eyes out of the sockets

OLAY....OLAY..OLAY..OLAY
OLAY.....OLAY

HABS

sd8683
04-16-2008, 05:15 PM
OLAY....OLAY..OLAY..OLAY
OLAY.....OLAY

HABS

Yeah like I didn't see that one coming aye, go eat a snail

JMan
04-17-2008, 03:20 AM

And he's like 20 years old. You'll have to put up with him for ever! I thought trading "Hip, hip, Huet" was a bad move - NOT!

Yeah like I didn't see that one coming aye, go eat a snail

BWAHAHAHA! OMG that's funny! Clean-up in aisle four please! You New Englanders. I can't imagine the things you say about the Giants . . .

J

sd8683
04-17-2008, 03:36 AM
And he's like 20 years old. You'll have to put up with him for ever! I thought trading "Hip, hip, Huet" was a bad move - NOT!

BWAHAHAHA! OMG that's funny! Clean-up in aisle four please! You New Englanders. I can't imagine the things you say about the Giants . . .

J

Don't even get me started on that!! Lol

Pops
04-17-2008, 05:50 AM
The Wings got smart and pulled the Dominater last night but it was to late. Hope they leave Osgood in for the rest of the series as Nashville has Hasicks number!

freakstatus
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
The Wings got smart and pulled the Dominater last night but it was to late. Hope they leave Osgood in for the rest of the series as Nashville has Hasicks number!

That series is getting scary...I didn't think Nashville was that good a team. Detroit should be manhandling them.

Pops
04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Detroit has out played them except for the bad goal tending. They also have not been able to put the easy ones in the net. I hope they leave Osgood in net so they settle down and play.

Grifter
04-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Oops...those old men looked good tonight...(5-1 win)

yeah, they did :puke:

we do have a habit of doing stupid stuff like that though. sadly I dont think this team will ever be as good as it could be with the talent we have until we get a new coach.

sd8683
04-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow!! Big win for the bruins tonight 5-1, if only we could have saved a few of those goals for the next game. Its about time price let a couple of softies get by him

sweetair
04-18-2008, 05:10 AM

Next time we need to sit down and have a conversation on what real rock'm-sock'm hockey is about.Gordon, We will have to discuss this at a later date. Hopefully with some beer in hand. Meanwhile...........One more win and it's on to the second round. Let's go RANGERS.:beer:

sweetair
04-18-2008, 05:14 AM
As sports goes I only like drag racing, and hockey.

I would add Leetch to the list as he was a great player, showed alot of class, and pretty much the only long time Ranger I liked.

My ex wife was a Ranger fan, some things just don't go together.
:beer:
By the way did you see what that piece of ***** Avery did last night against Brodeur. Waving his stick and hands in front of Brodeur during a powerplay for a long while not caring about the rest of the play at the time. Even a teamate skated over to him to tell him to cut it out. :shake:
Every team could use an instigator, but he takes it too far. It was like watching a school yard game with 9 year olds.

:agree:Islanders fans have been saying for years "the rangers bought that cup, it wasn't earned"I agree what Avery did was not right. The NHL changed a rule because of it. I can't argue with that.

sweetair
04-18-2008, 05:25 AM
And don't you forget it!!! Yea Bill I mean you!!What is all this Ranger hatred about?? Players move from team to team ALL the time. I realize that the Rangers have been around since the early 20's and part of the original 6 and only have like 5 or 6 cups to show for it. The Islander's started 40 plus years ago and have 4 cups for them. A rivalry is good and I used to root for the Islanders as well. Realizing this hatred from Islander's fans towards the Ranger's has soured my support for them.

A good buddy of mine (from the Island) explained as he was rooting for the Canucks in '94 that he and his father hoped the Ranger's fans would suffer for another 54 years. I couldn't believe this. I am a NY fan but there are definitely some that are one sided.

I digress...............Enjoy

chader
04-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Looks like my Flames are on a do or die trip now...I am really hoping for some sort of cup run.It turns this city upside down,and I like it!!!!!

Haggis
04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
What is all this Ranger hatred about?? Players move from team to team ALL the time. I realize that the Rangers have been around since the early 20's and part of the original 6 and only have like 5 or 6 cups to show for it. The Islander's started 40 plus years ago and have 4 cups for them. A rivalry is good and I used to root for the Islanders as well. Realizing this hatred from Islander's fans towards the Ranger's has soured my support for them.

A good buddy of mine (from the Island) explained as he was rooting for the Canucks in '94 that he and his father hoped the Ranger's fans would suffer for another 54 years. I couldn't believe this. I am a NY fan but there are definitely some that are one sided.

Bill, it is sort of like the S/C wars that use to go on here; if you don't have my brand of S/C your not a real man. The animosity goes back to the early days of the Islanders '73-'74 when the Ranger fans would treat use like *****. Sort of like when Gretzkey(sp?) called the NJ Devils a 'Mickey Mouse' operation back in the '80s.

I have always hate the Rangers and always will. Let's just agree to disagree, ok. See you at Bert's on Sunday.

freakstatus
04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
The "crosstown" rivalries in sports are always the most intense. Calgary and Edmonton are only two hours apart....try showing up to an Oilers game in a Flames jersey and see what happens...:)

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Not a good night (last night) in Montreal when they lost 5-1 to Boston..........

This is a HOCKEY Town...:):drink::bop1::canada: :canada::canada:

Haggis
04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Not a good night (last night) in Montreal when they lost 5-1 to Boston..........

Did they burn your bus?

sd8683
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Not a good night, But a great night.

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Did they burn your bus?

I have a semi-pro team in Town about 40 teams total are playing all day Fri, Sat, & Sunday morning. My coach (bus) is parked and off duty till Sunday morning.....:beer:

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Not a good night, But a great night.

I have no love for the Montreal team:flamer:

Go Flyers:banana::banana::banana:

chader
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
The "crosstown" rivalries in sports are always the most intense. Calgary and Edmonton are only two hours apart....try showing up to an Oilers game in a Flames jersey and see what happens...:)
A little smack down!!!!!as long as Calgary wins

larryo340
04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
What is all this Ranger hatred about?? Realizing this hatred from Islander's fans towards the Ranger's has soured my support for them.

When the Islanders came into the NHL they were treated like a red headed step child, especially from the Ranger fans. I would say for me that is where the hatred started and escalated from there. It was not fun going to MSG :eek: in the '80s.
I don't know of any Ranger fan that would root for the Islanders in the Cup finals or any other game, it just aint going to happen.

Bill, it is sort of like the S/C wars that use to go on here; if you don't have my brand of S/C your not a real man. The animosity goes back to the early days of the Islanders '73-'74 when the Ranger fans would treat use like *****. Sort of like when Gretzkey(sp?) called the NJ Devils a 'Mickey Mouse' operation back in the '80s.

I have always hate the Rangers and always will. Let's just agree to disagree, ok. See you at Bert's on Sunday.
^^^^+1, well except for the Bert's thing of course ;)

Pops
04-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Well the Red Wings dodged a bullet last night with the OT win. They did play a good game but are still missing the easy goals. Good luck to rest of you guys.

Hacklemerc
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Well crap... Guess my Devils will play better next year... Damn Rangers...

freakstatus
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Do or die time for Bruins and Caps.....(I'm cheering for both)

de minimus
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
nice gritty play by the bruins....but both goalies are sieves. good luck with the western teams boys.

sd8683
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Do or die time for Bruins and Caps.....(I'm cheering for both)

Wow!!!! What a great game between the B's and habs!!!! Back and forth back and forth. Very happy with the outcome!!!

sd8683
04-19-2008, 06:56 PM
nice gritty play by the bruins....but both goalies are sieves. good luck with the western teams boys.

Sieves?????

Blk Mamba
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't know anything about Hockey, not a fan, but I lived in Roch. NY when Don Cherry, and Bobby Orr played for the Americans, what a great time in the sport, showing my age aren't I.

de minimus
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Sieves?????

A blind, one legged, one armed grandmother with all of the lights out coulda stopped some of those goals.

sd8683
04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
A blind, one legged, one armed grandmother with all of the lights out coulda stopped some of those goals.

That pretty much somes it up huh, lol

RUSTY
04-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Wow!!!! What a great game between the B's and habs!!!! Back and forth back and forth. Very happy with the outcome!!!

Very good game. I hope they bench Kessil again.

sd8683
04-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Very good game. I hope they bench Kessil again.

Wishful thinkin huh, lol

de minimus
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Condolences to the Boston fans.........now, and I really, really hate to say this, but .....go Flames. ......................God that's hard to say.

Loco1234
04-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Go Pens!!!!!

Pops
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Do not forget about the Wings guys! Ozzy looks pretty good on goal.

sd8683
04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Do not forget about the Wings guys! Ozzy looks pretty good on goal.

Wish I could say the same about the bruins and Tim Thomas, he SUCKS!!!!

Dr Caleb
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Condolences to the Boston fans.........now, and I really, really hate to say this, but .....go Flames. ......................God that's hard to say.

Unless it gets to game 7 of the finals - ABC* buddy.

*ABC = Anybody But Calgary

freakstatus
04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry Flames fans. It was close.
Dallas looks strong.

maraudezy
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
SHARKS WE ARE DOWN TWO WE LOT TO DAY ITS OK WE CAN DO IT

Pops
04-28-2008, 05:51 AM
Go Wings! Hope they can hold up as the next game will tell.

Pops
04-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Its quiet around here. The Red Wings are making a slow march to the cup! Looks like some tough action out there!

freakstatus
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
All my teams are out or nearly out. If San Jose goes out, I'll cheer for Pittsburgh.

Dallas looks un-freaking-stoppable though. Wings and Stars should be good.

sweetair
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Looks like my Rangers might not get past the Penguins. 3-0 is a BIG hole to crawl out of. Crosby is pretty good.:(

freakstatus
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow the Avs really got it handed to them tonight....what a farce. 8-1 before I changed the channel.

freakstatus
05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Well...looks like the Penguins and the "Motor City" in the final. Seems like no one can clear Holmstrom from the front of the net...

Should be a good final.

Pops
05-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Looks like the ref did last night when they disallowed the goal. That was BS! I hope the wings can finish off Dallas Sat. The finals should be a great series.

freakstatus
05-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Seems the Pens have hit a roadblock on their quest for glory. A roadblock named Osgood.

Pops
05-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Go Wings! They are looking good and the Penguins have not had much luck. Osgood has been hot and the rest of the team is playing at his level.

JMan
05-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Go Wings! They are looking good and the Penguins have not had much luck. Osgood has been hot and the rest of the team is playing at his level.

OMG, suppose that hit last night took Ossie out. Who do they have for a backup? Some unknown loser named Dom? The Pens have gone 8-0 at home in the playoffs. Game 3 will tell the tale. That Redwing defense looks impenetrable. They looked impenetrable against a stellar Stars team as well. Ossie has the hot hand right now and I don't see it leaving for a while. Like I said last year, the Pens are young - they'll be back many times! This kind of pressure will change them - next year everybody better watch out!

J

Pops
05-27-2008, 06:53 AM
J Man I agree with you!

freakstatus
05-27-2008, 07:11 AM
It was kind of funny last night though.....Osgood runs around hitting people then falls down like a sack of hammers and draws the penalty...haha, good stuff.

de minimus
05-31-2008, 06:13 PM
ok, Don Cherry has reached a new high in tacky jackets....the one he's wearing tonight is just hideous.

terrific 1st period - the Pens are looking good.

Nice to see the montage and kind words for Luc Bourdon RIP

JMan
06-01-2008, 02:08 PM
ok, Don Cherry has reached a new high in tacky jackets....the one he's wearing tonight is just hideous.

terrific 1st period - the Pens are looking good.

Nice to see the montage and kind words for Luc Bourdon RIP

OMG Don was on Yankee TV again (ESPN, which translated means no NHL!)! That dude is so outrageous. Reminds me of our golfers down here in Oz.

J

Pops
06-02-2008, 05:45 AM
The Wings should clinch the cup tonight! Saturday game was a good one, the Penguins played well.

freakstatus
06-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Be nice if they could win it at home too. I'll be watching.

Pops
06-02-2008, 05:55 AM
I will be watching also. I was at the game when they won the cup last time. It was the loudest place I have ever been to! Once in a life time event to attend.

freakstatus
06-02-2008, 07:21 AM
I will be watching also. I was at the game when they won the cup last time. It was the loudest place I have ever been to! Once in a life time event to attend.

I can't imagine what that ticket must cost. Oh wait, yes I can, Vancouver has the 3rd highest ticket prices in the league...:shake: I guess thats the price you pay for the sport being popular in your area.

I should move to Nashville, where you can still buy tickets at the door at $25 bucks a pop! LOL.

Pops
06-02-2008, 07:27 AM
The price was Nashville times 20 times 3 so My son and wife could also go. Thats why it was a once in a life time deal. It was worth every dime to be there! Go Wings!

Loco1234
06-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Go Pens..... LOL

freakstatus
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Pens makin it interesting!...I thought it was over when Detroit made it 3-2.

JMan
06-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Pens makin it interesting!...I thought it was over when Detroit made it 3-2.

Awesome game 5. I thought it was over too. I need to move to the West Coast so I can watch nighttime sports and still go to bed at a reasonable time. This triple overtime crap is for the birds!

J

Pops
06-03-2008, 05:40 AM
It was a great game last night. The amont of times they both missed the open net was insane! Weds. night should be interesting. Go Wings!

freakstatus
06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Awesome game 5. I thought it was over too. I need to move to the West Coast so I can watch nighttime sports and still go to bed at a reasonable time. This triple overtime crap is for the birds!

J

I was actually thinking about how I hope some of the people in the crowd don't have to work the next day. Makes for a pretty late night.

JMan
06-04-2008, 05:00 AM
I was actually thinking about how I hope some of the people in the crowd don't have to work the next day. Makes for a pretty late night.

I went to bed immediately at games end ~12:40am EDT and woke up at 4:24am EDT. It reminds me of my rock and roll days . . . HARSH!

J

arejayesss
06-04-2008, 06:38 AM
I went to bed immediately at games end ~12:40am EDT and woke up at 4:24am EDT. It reminds me of my rock and roll days . . . HARSH!

J

What, did you hit the snooze a couple of times? Slacker!!!

freakstatus
06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Well..thats it. Congrats Wings! Pretty much steamrolled through the playoffs.

JMan
06-05-2008, 03:56 AM
What, did you hit the snooze a couple of times? Slacker!!!

Homie don't use no alarm clock!

Congrats 'Wings fans! Everybody else watch out for the Pens in the coming decade!

J

Pops
06-05-2008, 05:40 AM
The Pens played some great hockey! It does not get any better than what we saw this year. They will have a turn with the cup soon. Way to go Red Wings!

Hack Goby
06-05-2008, 06:47 AM
The local news here says that Osgood came up with a great save in the final seconds but if you look close the puck crosses through the net just inches from going in.My heart was racing.

Pops
06-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Paul the clock ran out when the puck was in front of the goal post. We all thought that was the end also. The slow motion replay showed the clock. What a great series and it is to bad someone had to lose.

Loco1234
06-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Awh a good series to all...
the Pens almost pulled off another upset to hit up overtime....

de minimus
06-05-2008, 08:00 AM
An excellent series. Congrats Wings.

freakstatus
06-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Homie don't use no alarm clock!

Congrats 'Wings fans! Everybody else watch out for the Pens in the coming decade!

J

Maybe. Sid the Kid will be there, but not sure if they can afford to keep all those young stars (Malkin and Stall).

JMan
06-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Maybe. Sid the Kid will be there, but not sure if they can afford to keep all those young stars (Malkin and Stall).

They are like the Oilers of the early '80's. The difference is the expectations. Everybody expects this team to win year after year like those Oilers. There wasn't nearly that pretension for those kids back then. Don't get me wrong, they had high expectations, but nobody dreamed they would go on to greatness like they did.

It's cool watching a bunch of kids whose sweaters are going to end up in Toronto in twenty-five years. They also better make room in the rafters at Mellon, too!

I love the Cup playoffs. And as for Tiger Woods and his rhetoric - he can blow me! Who watches golf anymore anyway?

J

de minimus
06-07-2008, 07:34 AM
They are like the Oilers of the early '80's. The difference is the expectations. Everybody expects this team to win year after year like those Oilers. J

Amen my friend.

larryo340
06-07-2008, 08:20 AM
They are like the Islanders of the early '80's. The difference is the expectations. Everybody expects this team to win year after year like those Islanders.

I fixed it for you ;) :beer:

Before you reply I know the Islanders have a long way to go before they get another cup.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/79708188.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193E3617A565CE0 4E2D5E2D1BBC1A802CCB284831B75F 48EF45

JMan
06-08-2008, 05:36 AM
I fixed it for you ;) :beer:

Before you reply I know the Islanders have a long way to go before they get another cup.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/79708188.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193E3617A565CE0 4E2D5E2D1BBC1A802CCB284831B75F 48EF45

You know, I knew there was something wrong there when I wrote it. Maybe I should have put Oilanders instead!

J

larryo340
06-08-2008, 06:06 AM
You know, I knew there was something wrong there when I wrote it. Maybe I should have put Oilanders instead!

J

No Oilanders back then