PDA

View Full Version : Norse Ancestory

Aren Jay
04-11-2008, 06:01 PM
So thinking about the Marauder and the Vikings, how they were the Marauders of History, I was wondering, who here is of Norse Ancestory?

sailsmen
04-11-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't know for sure. What I do know is I can throw a 3.5lb Michigan Axe 25'+ and stick in a tree.

Does that mean I am of Norse Ancestory or Primordial Ancestory?
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/DSC00304.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/Catfish005.jpg

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't know for sure. What I do know is I can throw a 3.5lb Michigan Axe 25'+ and stick in a tree.

Does that mean I am of Norse Ancestory or Primordial Ancestory?

Maybe, but i do know if i saw you chasing me with that ax, i'd run the h3ll away!

I dont think i know anyone who can throw an ax into a tree :eek:

Ms. Denmark
04-12-2008, 05:36 AM
I am of Norse Ancestry. My father's side of the family are Danes. I must have a little Viking blood which might explain my affinity for my Marauder.;) BTW, the ax throwing was impressive. I'd certainly make you an honorary Viking any day!!:bows:

Haggis
04-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I am of Nothern European ancestory to include German, English, Scottish and Irish. Since the Danes, Vikings, invade all of the British Isles and Ireland I am sure there is some Viking blood in me.

Hail Odin!!

jonroe
04-12-2008, 10:08 AM
50% Norsk here right from Bergen and Stavanger.

Ms. Denmark
04-12-2008, 11:18 AM
I am of Nothern European ancestory to include German, English, Scottish and Irish. Since the Danes, Vikings, invade all of the British Isles and Ireland I am sure there is some Viking blood in me.

Hail Odin!! Mom's side of the family is all of the above minus the German. Bet we're related!:eek: :D

2,4shofast
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
50% as well...

Marylandrauder
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Both parents came from Norway-I'm first generation here in the U.S.

RUSTY
04-12-2008, 05:15 PM
My Mom from England and Dads family from Norway
I look like my avatar

Black Dynamite
04-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry.... Im all Welsh

Pat
04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
As regards that axe demo, think of me as your friend.

Aren Jay
04-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I trace my ancestry back to http://www.trondheim.com/engelsk/

oldekid
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't know for sure. What I do know is I can throw a 3.5lb Michigan Axe 25'+ and stick in a tree.I see lots of nicks in that tree. Does that indicate multiple attempts?

Don't get me wrong . . . . I still fear you, and will stay 26'+ away from you!
:beer:

sailsmen
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
The nic thats high on the right was due to a swing to guage the hardness of the tree. The others are from multiple hits/sticks.

With practice @~25'-30' I can hit that size tree 70% and get it to stick 35%.The trick is to stare intnently at a spot on the tree and let go real early, just past TDC.

I have thrown battle axes at fairs. They are in some ways harder to throw, the head is larger but liter and the handle is short. They make you wear a goofy helmet which throws off your swing.

oldekid
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
The nic thats high on the right was due to a swing to guage the hardness of the tree. The others are from multiple hits/sticks.

With practice @~25'-30' I can hit that size tree 70% and get it to stick 35%.The trick is to stare intnently at a spot on the tree and let go real early, just past TDC.

I have thrown battle axes at fairs. They are in some ways harder to throw, the head is larger but liter and the handle is short. They make you wear a goofy helmet which throws off your swing.Wow! I'm totally impressed. :beer:

Haggis
04-14-2008, 04:05 AM

I have thrown battle axes at fairs. They are in some ways harder to throw, the head is larger but liter and the handle is short. They make you wear a goofy helmet which throws off your swing.

Ok you can throw an axe, very impressive.^^^^ But, can you run the oars?

ckadiddle
04-14-2008, 06:46 AM
There is no option on the poll for "I Have No Freaking Clue". :)

ParkRanger
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM

I used to run the oars in Amsterdam all the time. Expensive, but a lot of fun! Just watch out for the imps.

offroadkarter
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM

thats where i'd vote :)

SC Cheesehead
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Nein bin ich von Deutscher abstammung.

Das muss mich ein arischer Plünderer machen

SCCH

Aren Jay
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM

Either you know your not or maybe.

sailsmen
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Haven't tried the oars. Don't know how long my elbows would hold up.

When I was a ute I was in a bar on the coast and saw a Viking Long Ship coming in at night with a fire breathing Dragon. Had a hard time getting everyones attention. For some reason they didn't beleive me.:confused:

We me it down by the dock and turns out my farther knew the owner. He bought it from a movie production company, put on 2 cabins and ford tractor engines. He put a copper pipe out of the figure head and ran it to a gas tank.

He had a lot of fun with it. He owes me a case of beer, he lost a bet.;)

A Viking Cargo ship came to town on a round the Atlantic tour, stout compared to the Long Ship.

In Newport RI there is a stone strucure aligned on all the compass points. Appears Nordic, I don't know if the origin has ever been determined.

ParkRanger
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Nein bin ich von Deutscher abstammung.

Das muss mich ein arischer Plünderer machen

SCCH

Ws beduetet 'arischer'?

ParkRanger
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM

I think Kirk Douglas almost did it in the "Vikings" - They do it every time a long boat comes home from plundering.

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Ws beduetet 'arischer'?

Meine Güte, ich haben gedacht, dass es das gelbe Haar auf meinem Kopf war, aber wenn ich wieder betrachte, sehen ich, dass es der Käsehut ist! :)

SCCH

ParkRanger
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Meine Güte, ich haben gedacht, dass es das gelbe Haar auf meinem Kopf war, aber wenn ich wieder betrachte, sehen ich, dass es der Käsehut ist! :)

SCCH

Was man nicht im Kasehut habt muss man im beinen haben.

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Was man nicht im Kasehut habt muss man im beinen haben.

Ja ein weiser Mann, den Sie sind, Parkaufsesher. Und als mein Onkel Heinrich hatte gesagt“ Sie immer und altes Deutsch erzählen können, können Sie nur ihm viel nicht erzählen“.

oldekid
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I give up. Down south here, we would say "que"???

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I give up. Down south here, we would say "que"???

As my old Uncle Heinrich was fond of saying, "You can always tell an old German, you just can't tell him much.";)

SCCH

Aren Jay
04-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I look at that picture and just think a cop pulls you over, no shirt, axe in hand and you tell him you have a loaded gun in a car not your own.

lwblumjr
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

I have Norwegian ancestry on my maternal Grandfather's side. He was half German and half Norwegian. Does that count? :D

Aren Jay
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
yes it does.

kj31067
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
from watching enough discovery and history channel, anyone who can trace lineage to western europe has norse blood.. even the term "russian" can be traced to the vikings..."russ" is another term for viking.....

Haggis
04-18-2008, 04:43 AM
from watching enough discovery and history channel, anyone who can trace lineage to western europe has norse blood.. even the term "russian" can be traced to the vikings..."russ" is another term for viking.....

The Russ were a Swedish tribe that explored the lands to the east and founded the city of Kiev. The word 'Viking' is a verb means to raid and plunder. The people of Scandinavia never called themselves 'Vikings', that is a term the Saxons used in England to discribe the attacks by the Norse.

Sorry.... Im all Welsh
Jokes on you, the Norse invaded all of the British Isles including Wales.

..or if you perfer:

Skämt på dig, norsena invaderade alla av brittiska Isles inklusive Wales.

sailsmen
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
The Moors invaded southern Europe, hence the term eggplant.

cyclopsram
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I am not of Norse ancestry, but Souse has been noted in my family tree.

jonas1022
04-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I said maybe, as my family is from the York area in England. So I am sure with all the invasions, raping, pillaging and other festivities that came to town with the Viking Maruaders there is probably a strong possiblity that there is some Norse blood in my background!:o