PDA

View Full Version : Need camera assistance

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 06:44 PM
My camera is being an *******.

really

Tuesday i was using it, i had it on my desk and it fell onto my carpet. Its like a 3ft fall. It was on and the lense was out, but it fell screen side down. Nothing broke, but it like froze, and the power light turned orange, i turned it off, and that was it.

It did this one time before, it just froze, but it didnt fall last time. I did everything i did last time to get it to come on (full battery charge, replace the battery like 40 times, let it sit a long time with the green light on, or with the battery out, yell at it) and it still wont budge.

Its a cannon powershot SD750, i have pictures i want off, but the camera is acting like a turd again. Any ideas? :(

Aren Jay
04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
usb card reader.

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
usb card reader.

Dont have one, going to order it if this thing wont stop being a jerk

CRUZTAKER
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
So...you are not able to use a usb cable since it won't stay powered on long enough?

If the pics are on a card, take the card to a machine at a drug store, or better yet a camera store, and have them burned to cd-rom.

Pitch that camera...you can do better.;)

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
So...you are not able to use a usb cable since it won't stay powered on long enough?

If the pics are on a card, take the card to a machine at a drug store, or better yet a camera store, and have them burned to cd-rom.

Pitch that camera...you can do better.;)

I cant just pitch a gift, although i'd like to, i cant afford a super expensive hi quaility camera.

Its not that it wont stay on, i plug it in and it says "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED"

oldekid
04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I cant just pitch a gift, although i'd like to, i cant afford a super expensive hi quaility camera.

Its not that it wont stay on, i plug it in and it says "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED"Have you ever been able to download your pics? If not, did you ever load the software that came with the camera?

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Have you ever been able to download your pics? If not, did you ever load the software that came with the camera?

Yes, i go under my computer, and it reads as a memory stick. Never had problem with downloading the pics.

Its been stuck for 3 days now, which is the longest its been. I thought cannon is supposed to make good cameras, i never had a problem with the olympus :mad:

oldekid
04-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes, i go under my computer, and it reads as a memory stick. Never had problem with downloading the pics.

Its been stuck for 3 days now, which is the longest its been. I thought cannon is supposed to make good cameras, i never had a problem with the olympus :mad:It reads as a memory stick? That is a Sony device. Sorry man, I wish I could help, but that is strange. Even if your camera was dropped and something drastic happened to it, I would think that whatever was saved on your memory card would still be intact.

If you are connecting directly from your camera to your pc and not using a card reader, it might make sense that if your camera has a problem, it would not communicate correctly with the pc. As others have said, take your card to a local photo shop and see if they can retrieve any pics from it.

Good luck, I hope you can at least recover your pictures. If not, perhaps you should contact Canon customer service, and see if they can help.

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
It reads as a memory stick? That is a Sony device. Sorry man, I wish I could help, but that is strange. Even if your camera was dropped and something drastic happened to it, I would think that whatever was saved on your memory card would still be intact.

If you are connecting directly from your camera to your pc and not using a card reader, it might make sense that if your camera has a problem, it would not communicate correctly with the pc. As others have said, take your card to a local photo shop and see if they can retrieve any pics from it.

Good luck, I hope you can at least recover your pictures. If not, perhaps you should contact Canon customer service, and see if they can help.

IT has a san disk. I know the card is still good, its the camera thats acting up.

offroadkarter
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Well apparently im not the only one! This is actually very common with Canon's.

http://www.amazon.com/anyone-dropped-their-SD750-yet/forum/Fx1X2CGYGWU8J97/Tx2BJNBY99TK5W2/1/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?%5Fencodin g=UTF8&asin=B000NK6INU

larryo340
04-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Imagine just bumping the car in front of you with your Marauder not a hard hit but there was damage to your front bumper. Would you blame the car??
It's not like dropping the remote for the TV. There's a whole lot of electronics stuffed into that little camera. Bottom line chaulk it up, and try to be more careful with the next one.

offroadkarter
04-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Imagine just bumping the car in front of you with your Marauder not a hard hit but there was damage to your front bumper. Would you blame the car??

I would if it stopped running :lol:

*Digging out warranty info*

Aren Jay
04-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Visit - http://www.steves-digicams.com/

He can point you to a good camera.

Your Camera uses SD or MMC cards.

You can afford this can you not?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SDCARD-READER&cat=FLM