PDA

View Full Version : How Many Chicken Wings?

Blk Mamba
04-16-2008, 03:54 PM
OK, now that we know how you like them, how many can you eat at a setting, yeah we know you gotta have beer, but how many wings, regular size, 1 wing is 2 pieces, lets not confuse this, even if you only eat the drummy end, it takes 2 to make 1 wing. I can eat 25, my wife 6-8.

Rocknthehawk
04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
i usually only eat wings at hooters.

i think the most i ate was like 8 or 9.

I tend to eat little bits often, instead of a few large meals.

TiTo35
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Did some1 say wiiiiiiiings???

Id say...I can get about...10-15 WINGS...all three parts...YES that little mystery piece has no sympathy!!!:lol:

RoyLPita
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
10 is enough for me and usually with a large soda.

SC Cheesehead
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
12 to 15 plus 3 pints of Blue Moon (official beer of the MM Blues Brothers).

Actually, I could do without the wings, but it gives me something to do between refills.:drink:

SCCH

<DL><DD>Luke: I can eat fifty eggs. <DD>Dragline: Nobody can eat fifty eggs. <DD>Convict: You just said he could eat anything. <DD>Dragline: Did you ever eat fifty eggs? <DD>Luke: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs. <DD>Convict: Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here. <DD>Dragline: My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs. <DD>Convict: Yeah, but in how long? <DD>Luke: An hour. <DD>Convict: Well, I believe I'll take part of that wager. <DD>Dragline: Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine? <DD>Luke: I thought it was a nice round number. </DD></DL>

larryo340
04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
When my friends and I used go to Hooters alot (before everyone got married) we used to get their 50 piece platters one at a time. The most we had was 4 trays.
We were usually 2-4 guys at a time. We got the 3 mile island ones the hottest at that time. Now we get the 911's.

http://www.aroundhawaii.com/assets/articles/2006/04/453/images/200604_vkgrindz010.jpg
Friday night is my buddys sons 3 year old B'day celebration at Hooters. We have started this tradition on his 1st B'day, and hope to continue it. The little guy gets all the Hooters girls attention.

Aren Jay
04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I buy them and bring them home, no one has hot sauce just this odd tasting buffalo stuff.

Hot sauce is made with Habenaros. Not anything else.

PS if you like hotfood, don't drink water with it, drink milk and eat potatoes.

The only way to kill the heat.

Habenaros are hot but they taste really good.

Damn now I want to eat some chicken wings.

larryo340
04-17-2008, 05:26 AM
PS if you like hotfood, don't drink water with it, drink milk and eat potatoes.

The only way to kill the heat.

Don't think I want to drink milk after hot wings :puke:

As strange as it sounds I've found that eating salad after kills the heat also.

p.s.
Never touch you eye when eating hot wings. Ask me how I know :fire:

hot-rauder
04-17-2008, 05:33 AM
get the mild hooters wings and enjoy.... usually about 10 hooters wings. i dont like wings to be so hot that they put hemroids on and burn them off on the way out lol.

savor the flavor

Canadasvt
04-17-2008, 05:40 AM
We usually put 20-25 on the BBQ and I end up eating 12-14 real wings. Can't leave the Q while these are cooking, so I make sure I have at least 1 water and 2 beers nearby during the smokefest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Canadasvt/WingsTonight.jpg

I'm getting hungry looking at that pic, and it's not 9am yet :P

Dragcity
04-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Ummmm, Hooters wings just don't count fella's. Too damn small.

Now Tony's, on Harlem, has Pterodactyl wings, John's on Niagara Falls Blvd. are great too. Not to mention LaHacienda's on Brighton in Tonawanda. We count a wing as one piece, drum or flat... Tips, no-one eats those.... They are not even served. We don't keep the drum and flat attached here... Why does Hooters DO that????

Me, depends on how hot they are. Hot & Extra Hot, prolly 30 Pcs. Killer, 25. Suicidal, 20. These are the large wings, prolly from Roasting size chickens, not little fryers like Hooters uses.

When I was just a pup, I could devour an entire bucket, which was 50 Pcs. Extra Hot.

I don't mean to sound pompous, but those of you who have not been to Buffalo for a real wing tour, have no clue what "Buffalo Wings" are.

Even at our National wing festival, the wings they serve are not even close to what our local shops prepare every day. Duff's, a local Icon has really, really hot souce, but uses smaller wings. Same withe the world renouned Anchor Bar. It's the small local Pizza shops that have the really impressive, traditional Buffalo Wings.

Just my 26 Cents...

larryo340
04-17-2008, 07:34 AM

We count a wing as one piece, drum or flat... Tips, no-one eats those.... They are not even served. We don't keep the drum and flat attached here... Why does Hooters DO that????

I don't mean to sound pompous, but those of you who have not been to Buffalo for a real wing tour, have no clue what "Buffalo Wings" are.

When Hooters first opened here on Long Island about 15 years ago the wings were much bigger, but they do serve them in two pieces not attached. Now they are smaller and the prices continue to go up and up.

I use Perdue wingettes when making my wings at home. They are already cut, and the pieces are much larger than if you just buy "wings"

One of these days I'll get to try the genuine "Buffalo" wings from up your parts.
Until then....:beer:

Black_Noise
04-17-2008, 07:55 AM
There is this bar called daytonas (think hooters, instead of boobs this place all the girls have very nice butts) and their food is WAY better.

They make these super hot wings that arnt on the menu, you have to ask for them, when i get them i ususally order 5 of those super hot ones, 10 money mustard, 5 b-b-q, 5 terryoki.

I can eat about 3 of the super hot ones before im sweating, my eyes are watering, and my nose is running.

Its so good, and then the other wings and a pitcher of beer complete the meal, usually i end up taking a small doggy bag home.

hot-rauder
04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
There is this bar called daytonas (think hooters, instead of boobs this place all the girls have very nice butts) and their food is WAY better.

They make these super hot wings that arnt on the menu, you have to ask for them, when i get them i ususally order 5 of those super hot ones, 10 money mustard, 5 b-b-q, 5 terryoki.

I can eat about 3 of the super hot ones before im sweating, my eyes are watering, and my nose is running.

Its so good, and then the other wings and a pitcher of beer complete the meal, usually i end up taking a small doggy bag home.

its all about the MONEY $$ MUSTARD!

Motorhead350
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
One time I ate 50. I was ordering wings and pizza to go and I just said screw it I'll eat 50 wings. So I ate 50 wings and played video games all day... glad I don't do that anymore... the video game part. ;)

MarauderBoy
04-17-2008, 12:03 PM
This sounds like a line from Cool Hand Luke

I can admit to the "50" wing club shame - seems like a good number

One time I ate 50. I was ordering wings and pizza to go and I just said screw it I'll eat 50 wings. So I ate 50 wings and played video games all day... glad I don't do that anymore... the video game part. ;)

Motorhead350
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
haha Cool Hand Luke is awesome. Thanks to you guys for telling me to see it!

SC Cheesehead
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
haha Cool Hand Luke is awesome. Thanks to you guys for telling me to see it!

Dom, There's a lot in that movie that you can relate to!

Dragline: You're an original, that's what you are. Them mullet-heads didn't even know you was foolin'.

SCCH

Zack
04-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Goin out for Wings and BLUE MOON tonight :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Goin out for Wings and BLUE MOON tonight :beer:

DOH!:mad2:

Reprobate!

SCCH

Ken
04-17-2008, 06:41 PM

Just my 26 Cents...Sounds like a good reason for a road trip! When are you hosting the tour?

Marauders and Wings! The Buffalo Invasion 2008:food:

Anyone else?:D

Ken

1stMerc
04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a good reason for a road trip! When are you hosting the tour?

Marauders and Wings! The Buffalo Invasion 2008:food:

Anyone else?:D

Ken

Make it a three day event and i'm in. yummy ain't nothing but a chicken wang.

Oh and enough notice before hand...

MaLo03
04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I've eaten well over 50 at HOOTERS. cant give an exact count but i know its over 50, no beer, no soda just some water every 10 to 20 wings.

Motorhead350
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Dom, There's a lot in that movie that you can relate to!

Dragline: You're an original, that's what you are. Them mullet-heads didn't even know you was foolin'.

SCCH

haha thanks man. Maybe I'll see it again tonight. :cool:

Blk Mamba
04-17-2008, 07:44 PM
When I started this I was hoping we could do something like that. We would have to plan it, so people at a distance could also make it. Maybe near the 4th of July, wings, and fireworks at the falls? Any other ideas? Where you at Buffalo, it's your town!

Dragcity
04-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Ya'll let me know. The pool will be open in a few weeks. I can stiff the big graduation party I brewed for and and host lots of wings and beers. Hell, I even made a Belgian Wit (like Blue Moon) {But prolly too strong}

Buffalo in the Summer is great, about the only time of year it is great in Buffalo...

MM03MOK
04-18-2008, 05:23 AM
After all this talk about wings, you guys made me eat 8 "Zesty Buffalo" wings with blue cheese dip last night. Not the best I've had but anything to squelch the craving. Had a half of a small pizza too.

hot-rauder
04-18-2008, 05:43 AM
After all this talk about wings, you guys made me eat 8 "Zesty Buffalo" wings with blue cheese dip last night. Not the best I've had but anything to squelch the craving. Had a half of a small pizza too.

domino's wings arent terrible.

i think what people forget is that when they critique food, they dont remember where it came from. for a fast food PIZZA shop, Domino's makes some good wings. Compared to homemade, no they arent great, but they are still pretty good.

MM03MOK
04-18-2008, 06:14 AM
DJ's Wings, Subs and More in Hyannis make the best wings I've ever had. Their blue cheese dressing has celery seeds in it and it to die for. Great combo. No fried wings have ever compared. We mostly go to local pizza shops and rarely go to the chains. Never go to Dominos.

SC Cheesehead
04-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Hey, maybe we do a "Hooters Run" next year as part of the KY meeting, or set up a couple of these as regional meets elsewhere.

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/

SCCH

hot-rauder
04-18-2008, 07:32 AM
DJ's Wings, Subs and More in Hyannis make the best wings I've ever had. Their blue cheese dressing has celery seeds in it and it to die for. Great combo. No fried wings have ever compared. We mostly go to local pizza shops and rarely go to the chains. Never go to Dominos.

i love MA pizza shops. they are always fresh and you can taste that care ws put into it.... the little shops i find use the best stuff. a few of them offer wings but not many of them. and they give very generous portions if they do, gotta keep the customer happy!

my father came out from NE to visit and we went to a random pizza place, i felt it was sub-par, be he couldnt get over the taste. they only have major chains out there and he had not had homemade pizza from the little old italian lady

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
200 is one sitting :)

hot-rauder
04-18-2008, 10:08 AM

so you live up to the name BigDogJim?:P

QWK SVT
04-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Eating a couple of pounds of wings isn't really that tough... My wife, best friend and his wife go for wings, from time to time... W usually order 70-100 wings, and the wives have maybe 20 of those...

Oddly enough, he's a little guy (maybe 5'7" weighing ~175), but he can easily out eat me at an all-you-can eat lobsterfest...

Blk Mamba
04-18-2008, 03:27 PM
So Dragcity, start planning this thing, we'll be there. In the meantime Chitown needs to get started on deep dish pizza, Philly's cheese steak, and KC for slaughter house steak, anybody else? Maybe soft shell crab pot in Baltimore, Crawfish Gumbo, in the Big Easy? BTW if you can't tell I like to EAT.

jgc61sr2002
04-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Jim - That's all:D

B.C. Bake
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I've eaten 32 in one sitting, and two buds. After that I got a free T shirt.

Thats 32 hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wings "the next morning was preeeety :flamer:rough though. But it does sound good tonight, mabe 16 sounds good. Burn Burn Burn that Burning ring of Fire;)

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Let's get one thing straight. Eating wings means if you were to give the bone to a dog (a big big no no) he looks at you like, you @#%&& greedy @#$& what the @&*)%$ am i supposed to do with that and walks away, you are a serious wing eater . If theres still meat on the bone, you're only half steppin, keep practicing.

B.C. Bake
04-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Let's get one thing straight. Eating wings means if you were to give the bone to a dog (a big big no no) he looks at you like, you @#%&& greedy @#$& what the @&*)%$ am i supposed to do with that and walks away, you are a serious wing eater . If theres still meat on the bone, you're only half steppin, keep practicing.

I'm talkin buffed and ready to be set on display. ;)

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Jim - That's all:D

Hey I am trying to cut back....:rofl:

Bigdogjim
04-18-2008, 05:13 PM

Lets get it right real men eat the wings, bones and all:beer:

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm talkin buffed and ready to be set on display. ;)

Lets get it right real men eat the wings, bones and all:beer:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALIN BOUT!!!! :beer:

Ken
06-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Now Tony's, on Harlem, has Pterodactyl wings, John's on Niagara Falls Blvd. are great too. Not to mention LaHacienda's on Brighton in Tonawanda. We count a wing as one piece, drum or flat... Tips, no-one eats those.... They are not even served. We don't keep the drum and flat attached here... Why does Hooters DO that????

Me, depends on how hot they are. Hot & Extra Hot, prolly 30 Pcs. Killer, 25. Suicidal, 20. These are the large wings, prolly from Roasting size chickens, not little fryers like Hooters uses.

When I was just a pup, I could devour an entire bucket, which was 50 Pcs. Extra Hot.

Even at our National wing festival, the wings they serve are not even close to what our local shops prepare every day. Duff's, a local Icon has really, really hot souce, but uses smaller wings. Same withe the world renouned Anchor Bar. It's the small local Pizza shops that have the really impressive, traditional Buffalo Wings.

Just my 26 Cents...Note to self: Gotta look one of these fine establishments up Friday night while Donna and I are in Niagara Falls, New York.

Ken

Aren Jay
06-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Depends what you eat with it. 6-8 is good for me.

Motorhead350
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I downed 20 tonight. :D

Ken
06-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I downed 20 tonight. :D17 here! I'm practicing for Buffalo.:beer:

Ken

Mike Poore
06-18-2008, 03:24 AM
A dozen is what I usually order, or do they come in 10's?
The Pub on the square in Gettysburg serves those big ones in several flavors, and we watched some students from Gettysburg College promoting an Asian guy as the champ; but after eating just one of their super hots, he couldn't eat another. :mad2:

His performance gave us guidance and we ordered the medium, which were fabulously, just right.

BTW .........are you ready?

The beverage of choice? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>get ready...............Here it comes................as promised>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

A........tall...........cold.. ..........glass .............OF

READY?

BUTTERMILK!!!!!:woohoo:

Mike Poore
06-18-2008, 03:36 AM

Now Tony's, on Harlem, has Pterodactyl wings, John's on Niagara Falls Blvd. are great too. Not to mention LaHacienda's on Brighton in Tonawanda. We count a wing as one piece, drum or flat... Tips, no-one eats those.... They are not even served. We don't keep the drum and flat attached here...

Just my 26 Cents...

Joe? I'm wondering if Buffalo would be a good place to consider for MARAUDERVILLE 7? An early fall meet there might work, and we'd never be wanting for cool stuff to do. I mean, wine country, Niagara Falls, Watkins Glen, and leaf peeping; not to mention a great starting place to do a New England tour. Do you have enough guys to pull such a plan off, and mostly, I guess, would you be willing to put forth an effort?
Somthing to think about. :)

Ken
06-20-2008, 10:20 PM

Just my 26 Cents...LaHacienda Brighton was just as billed, the Hot, and Mild were excellent. Thanks for the tip Joe

Ken