PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with cars, but...

RF Overlord
08-16-2003, 10:14 PM
I have just been through the most amazing lightning storm I have ever witnessed in my 47 years on this mortal coil...I exaggerate not...

I left my Dad's house at 2300, expecting the normal 45 minute ride home...well, I won't bore you all with the details, but it took me almost an hour and a half...I had to pull over twice because I literally couldn't see through the rain, and the almost continuous lightning...this phenomenon may be old hat to some of you, but here on Cape Cod, we NEVER get thunderstorms like this...well, at least not in the 34 years I've lived here...I normally enjoy a good lightning show, and I'm not usually prone to massive hyperbole, but this was one hellacious storm... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMFG...

SergntMac
08-17-2003, 02:48 AM
TAF: Okay, SergntMac, it's time for another round of "Stump RF" and it's your turn again!

SergntMac: Hyperbole for 200 please?

TAF: Hyperbole for 200 it is! What's your questions SergntMac?

SergntMac: RF, explain Hyperbole and how it applies to us here?

TAF: Ohhh...I'm not touching that...RF?

RF Overlord
08-17-2003, 05:00 AM
HYPERBOLE: A figure of speech in which the expression is an evident exaggeration of the meaning intended to be conveyed, or by which things are represented as much greater or less, better or worse, than they really are; a statement exaggerated fancifully, through excitement, or for effect.

Example: "RF is the smartest man on earth." Well, no, that's a bad example, because it's TRUE..."TAF's Marauder is as slow as a city bus"...no, wait, that one's true, too...how about this: "I could sleep for a year." or "This book weighs a ton."

TAF
08-17-2003, 05:03 AM
^^^Thank the Lord for www.dictionary.com...eh RF?

How many times did you have to try and spell it to get the definition? :lol:

RF Overlord
08-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Who do you think WROTE the definition for them? :coolman:

TAF
08-17-2003, 05:10 AM
my guess would be..........................Ma ry!!!