Mike,

Help Help!!!
I ran out and i, cough cough, ah choo still have a cold. :eek:

Haggis
04-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Mike,

Help Help!!!

They don't carry it at your local Liquor store? If it is not in stock ask if they can order it for you, that is what I do when I want something they do not have in store.

Bluerauder
04-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Mike,

Help Help!!!
We still have 3/4 bottle -- but the wife was eyeing it up when I left this morning. :rofl:

TiTo35
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
OOOOOOOOOOh you talking bout honey!!! From bees!!! Duh!!!:lol:

CRUZTAKER
04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Damnit man...my buddy has hives and 3 seasons of flavors.
Spring is by far the tastiest.

You'll be better by the time I could get it to you.

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 05:25 PM
They don't carry it at your local Liquor store? If it is not in stock ask if they can order it for you, that is what I do when I want something they do not have in store.

Never heard of it before Kentucky so never looked. I'll have to go looking now. Most carry Wild Turkey so it's a start.

For medicinal purpose ya know cough, cough ahhh chooooo.
Really clears the head. I think this is what Mary Poppins was talking about. :D

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Damnit man...my buddy has hives and 3 seasons of flavors.
Spring is by far the tastiest.

You'll be better by the time I could get it to you.

Hmmm, funny thing is when i was growing up poppa use to mix honey with Seagram 7 and a wee bit of lemon juice for cough syrup.

We were happy children, feelin no pain. Shoot he'd probably be arrested now for doing it. Shhhhhhh

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 05:31 PM
We still have 3/4 bottle -- but the wife was eyeing it up when I left this morning. :rofl:

I imagine that's history now. Oh, well back to Kentucky. :burnout:

CRUZTAKER
04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
With the death of so many honey bees two seasons back, every bee keeper has struggled.

He lost all but one portion of one hive.

Hopefully things will be better this year.

There is nothing tastier than pulling up one of the inserts and digging in with the index finger to taste. Yum!!!

Odd thing is.....the summer into fall batches, which consist mostly of honey created from the ???? tree (damnit I cannot remember right now), and clover, tastes like supermarket honey.

It is the spring honey from all of the early flowering annuals and first perennials that tastes so uncommon to any honey sold in stores that just makes one dizzy with delight.

1stMerc
04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
With the death of so many honey bees two seasons back, every bee keeper has struggled.

He lost all but one portion of one hive.

Hopefully things will be better this year.

There is nothing tastier than pulling up one of the inserts and digging in with the index finger to taste. Yum!!!

Odd thing is.....the summer into fall batches, which consist mostly of honey created from the ???? tree (damnit I cannot remember right now), and clover, tastes like supermarket honey.

It is the spring honey from all of the early flowering annuals and first perennials that tastes so uncommon to any honey sold in stores that just makes one dizzy with delight.

I can remember my parents bringing home canned jars of honey back from Tenn and Miss when they visited. Honey comb and all, even an occasional pupi. Mannn that was good stuff. Sue Bee didn't have nothing on that.

Rocknthehawk
04-18-2008, 06:15 PM
someone needs to yell at Go Mifuni to get in here. He's supposed to get his bee's monday.

CRUZTAKER
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Really? Cool.:cool:

He must have some space.

Go Mifuni
04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
someone needs to yell at Go Mifuni to get in here. He's supposed to get his bee's monday.

HERE I AM!

Yup, bees are arriving Monday. Two 3 pound packages.
We had a bit of a scare though. I just found out the used hives I just bought were contaminated with American Foulbrood (Not good!) and most of the suppliers were sold out of wood (for hives). My W finally found a place in Illinois that had some. The new stuff should be getting here on Tuesday, one day after the bees.

CRUZTAKER
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
OH keep us informed!

Post some pics of the event in the photo forum.

1stMerc
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
That ought to real interesting. Pics please

Go Mifuni
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
OH keep us informed!

Post some pics of the event in the photo forum.

Will do. :D

Rocknthehawk
04-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Mike, i'd like to taste some of your gooey goodness. please?

boy that doesn't sound right at all. :lol:

Go Mifuni
04-20-2008, 04:54 AM
Mike, i'd like to taste some of your gooey goodness. please?

boy that doesn't sound right at all. :lol:

Uh......ok? lol

RUSTY
04-20-2008, 06:48 AM
I thought this was going to be a Babe thread

Go Mifuni
04-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, the bees are in there new hives. I'll give them a few days to settle down and then I'll see how they're doing. I put some pics in the gallery.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/browseimages.php?c=3&userid=1239

Vortex
04-24-2008, 08:41 AM
We need more bees in the US! Interesting post.

1stMerc
04-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Dumb question time.
Has honey already been started when you get them and if not how long before you can do your first harvest?

Go Mifuni
04-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Dumb question time.
Has honey already been started when you get them and if not how long before you can do your first harvest?

I guess that depends on which way you get your bees. If you buy a nuc (nucleated hive), they've already started making comb and the queen is laying. If you buy just a box of bees (what I did), they haven't done anything. After you dump them into the hive, they have to start drawing out the comb and release the queen from her cage so she can start laying. In a good season, it's not impossible to get 100#'s of honey your first year. Or so I hear. We'll see.
At lunch today, I'm going to check to see if they got the queen out of her cage yet. Keep your fingers crossed. :D

dreydin
04-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Hmmm, funny thing is when i was growing up poppa use to mix honey with Seagram 7 and a wee bit of lemon juice for cough syrup.

We were happy children, feelin no pain. Shoot he'd probably be arrested now for doing it. Shhhhhhh
lol :lol:

Dragcity
04-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I use Honey to make Mead. Good stuff.

Honey is the perfect food (and drink)

Go Mifuni
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I use Honey to make Mead. Good stuff.

Honey is the perfect food (and drink)

I was actually going to try and make some myself.
I've been brewing my own beer for years and it's probably not that different, right?